This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Scene From *Any* Narnia Movie

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Favorite Scene From *Any* Narnia Movie

Postby fantasia » Jul 07, 2012 8:14 am

My favorite scene in all three movies is when Lucy first walks into the wardrobe right up to where she and Tumnus shake hands.
A perfectly captured piece of Narnia in my humble opinion. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 07, 2012 5:51 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:My favorite scene in all three movies is when Lucy first walks into the wardrobe right up to where she and Tumnus shake hands.
A perfectly captured piece of Narnia in my humble opinion. :D

Although it's difficult to choose just one scene, this one would be very close to the top of my list too.

I really like seeing Lucy's discovery of the new place and her reactions to seeing her new surroundings for the first time. (I think it was a good idea of the director to make sure it was the actor seeing the set for the first time - certainly with a child actor.)

And I also really like the first meeting between her and Tumnus. How they both are scared of each other at first, and then dare to approach each other and talk.

Yes, they did capture a piece of Narnia very well there.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby Nic5 » Jul 08, 2012 4:15 am

My favorite scene is in Aslan's Howl after the failure of the Castle Raid, with the Hag, Werewolf & Nikabrik helping to summon Jadis the White Witch.

Really well done visually, but is also when the themes of PC in a story sense really come fully out in the open. I really like the way the film shifts in tone to this scene & it's set up to that shift
Nic5
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Boy Scout » Oct 29, 2012 8:25 pm

I'd say another of my favorite scenes was in LWW when Aslan comes into the battle and roars. The silence was great and the look on Jadis's was to die for. :D
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby mm1991 » Nov 15, 2012 9:48 pm

I really love the scene when Lucy and Mr. Tumnus first meet. It's when I really felt the book "come alive".

Also in the second film, when Edmund is presenting the challenge to Miraz. Everyone in that scene acted perfectly.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Purpleotter » Nov 26, 2012 3:16 pm

It's so hard to choose! There's a lot of great scenes in all three Narnia films. If I had to choose, the Coronation scene from the first has to be a favorite. A close second is the scene where Caspian meets up with Trufflehunter and Nikabrik in PC.
"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia"-Aslan
Purpleotter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Glumpuddle » Nov 27, 2012 10:38 pm

The discovery of the images of the Pevensies and Tumnus on the wall of Aslan's How, and then the re-introduction of the Stone Table.

In the middle of something totally new (Aslan's How), we find something familiar (the Stone Table). Just like in the book, the images on the wall puts into perspective just how much time has passed, and the strangeness of the Pevensies being thought of as myths and legends. It also creates sadness that the old days have been lost. This is the heart of the PC book in a nutshell, captured in a scene that is not exactly in the book, and in a very cinematic way. With this scene, Andrew Adamson created something new that stands alone, but honors the spirit of the book at the same time.
A great moment in a decent film.

Other favorite scenes: Lucy's dream in PC, Edmund going to the Witch in LWW, Aslan's introduction in LWW
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby aragorn2 » Dec 05, 2012 11:46 am

That's a hard one.
I'd say the battle scene in LWW(Sure it's pretty toned down but HGW's The Battle theme still blows me away every time I listen to it)

Honorable mentions:
Peter vs. Miraz duel, Everything Skandar does in PC, Lucy's first moment's in Narnia, the ending in PC(Minus the Kiss :ymsick: )
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby SParcher44 » Dec 19, 2012 5:15 pm

I know that it's not in the book, but I absolutely love the night raid in Prince Caspian! I just found it so awesomely cinematic. A nice addition to transition the book to the big screen. :D
LWW
As a film - *** out of ****
As an adaptation - **** out of ****

PC
As a film - **** out of ****
As an adaptation - *** out of ****

VDT
As a film - ** out of ****
As an adaptation - (1/2) of * out of ****
SParcher44
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous