This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Scene From *Any* Narnia Movie

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Favorite Scene From *Any* Narnia Movie

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 02, 2012 11:12 pm

People will often list their favorite scenes from LWW, their favorites from PC, or their favorites from VDT. But if you look at all three movies as one whole, what would your favorite scene of all time be? :-\ :)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Re: Favorite Scene From *Any* Narnia Movie

Postby narnianerd » Jul 02, 2012 11:22 pm

My favorite scene of any Narnian movie would have to be the scene at the end of the battle in LWW where Lucy heals Edmund and they all hug. It was just so... I dunno, moving. :P

Crap I sound like a girl. X( :p
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby 7chronicles » Jul 02, 2012 11:46 pm

My favorite scene is in LWW, when Lucy first finds the Wardrobe.
When she pulled off the dust cover and she unlatches the door for the first time.
I get goosebumps every time! :)
It's one of the scenes in all the movies I think for me that gave the same feeling of wonder, like I did when I read the book for the first time. :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 03, 2012 8:34 am

When Lucy goes back to the Wardrobe a second time... though it's pretty much tied with the Prince Caspian Flees scene. But I like how she just has to find out, and that even though she's afraid she's wrong she goes to look anyways. As for the PC scene I like the music and I like the camera work :P
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 03, 2012 9:11 am

The scene that I really like is Lucy's Dream in Prince Caspian. :) It's just so sad yet full of hope for Lucy for Narnia. I think Narnia fans during this time can relate in a way...
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 03, 2012 10:49 am

Probably the Wardrobe scene--Lucy entering the room and immediately realizing that Something was different, the unassuming katydid on the window ledge, the fading tones of the Andrews Sisters replaced by a tune Mysterious and yet Inviting. And then the wonderful swish of the curtain falling as the music swells... Mothballs roll out onto the floor as Lucy steps in. Peter's counting disappears as Lucy progresses past fur coat after fur coat and then--!

oh. This is an awfully big wardrobe.

Absolutely gorgeous, especially since it was done without any dialogue (excluding Peter, but that's background). ;)
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am

I think my favorite scene from all the Narnia movies is in PC, when Aslan defends Lucy from the man attacking her. It shows the love of Aslan, and his fierceness, all at once. I love the look on Lucy's face when, terrified that this Lion she loves can be so angry and violent, it suddenly melts into joy when she realizes it's not because he's terrible, but rather because he loves her and is trying to keep her safe. And then he approaches her and speaks to her, now in his gentle manner once more.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Lilygloves » Jul 04, 2012 12:36 pm

I loved the scene where Lucy discovers Narnia and meets Tumnus. It was very well done and seemed as magical as Narnia should be.

I also really liked the end of the night raid scene. Even though it was terribly sad and there were parts of the scene as a whole I did not like, it was very emotional. First, there was the part where the gate closed and Peter looks back and he knows he cannot do anything to help. Then Glenstorm looks back at his son and they both accept that the son will die. They were both prepared to fight to the death, so the son turns and fights while he can. I loved when Edmund is flying over the courtyard and he sees all the dead Narnians and the music just stops. The silence in those few moments really makes it emotional.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lion's Emblem » Jul 04, 2012 6:41 pm

When Peter, Susan, Lucy, and the Beavers arrive at Aslan's camp and meet Aslan for the first time. I still get goosebumps when Aslan is shown for the first time in the film and the score hits that note. Not to mention all reactions from Peter, Susan, and Lucy when they see Aslan - it seems as everything has built up to this moment.
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jul 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Like NB, said...

When the Andrew's Sister's song fades away and then Harry Gregson-Williams brilliant soundtrack starts playing and Lucy looks at it.... and then rips the covering off the wardrobe. And when she steps in and walks further--the expressions on Georgie's face are right-on. And then when she touches the branch and then turns around and sees Narnia and walks through. I love that part.

And...I geek out when, after the ice that Lucy, Peter, Susan, and the Beavers were on submerges... then we suddenly see Peter's hand over the hilt and the sonorous theme starts playing.

Like Lion's Emblem said above me, I love when we see Aslan for the first time. They have no idea who He is--and they see a Lion, who comes off as extremely terrible but supremely beautiful. I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it. ;))

And, of course, the part where Aslan is talking to Edmund and we see their silhouette in the distance.

After reading some posts, I've forgotten so much of PC. Though I was not fond of the night raid change, I was moved by the part when the Narnians die and Glenstorm and his son both see that this is the end.

(:O "Aslan" is not recognized by spellcheck?! *adds it to the Dictionary at once* )
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Andriel » Jul 04, 2012 10:39 pm

One of my favorite scenes is when Lucy is going across the stream and she slips and Trumpkin Catches her.

the other scene I like is at the end of Prince Caspian, when they are saying goodbye, and Lucy and Trumpkin hug. Its so cute, but sad. :ymhug: :((
Previously DP Dessa
My RL sibs are Adeona, NarnianCricket, and DancingPrincesses.
Im a HUGE Fan of The Avengers!!!!!!!!!
Andriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Boy Scout » Jul 06, 2012 8:48 am

My favorite scene form the Narnia moives came form LWW. It was when Aslan breathed on Mr. Tumnus and brings him out of stone. I had never been able to picutre that very well when reading the books and I think the flimakers did a great job.

Maybe it was just because I didn't want to see Lucy cry. :p

Almost any scene with Aslan in it was great. :D
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lillian » Jul 06, 2012 9:40 am

My favorite scene would have to the scene in LWW when Aslan is resurrected. It's just so beautiful and sweet and makes me cry every time. Aslan looks so amazing and majestic! I think that Walden and Disney really did a great job on this scene.
Avatar and Signature by lover of narnia Thank you!
Lillian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Boy Scout wrote:My favorite scene form the Narnia moives came form LWW. It was when Aslan breathed on Mr. Tumnus and brings him out of stone. I had never been able to picutre that very well when reading the books and I think the flimakers did a great job.

Oh yes! Just from a purely creative perspective, the way Tumnus' hair and scarf rippled underneath Aslan's breath was brilliant. :D A great way to give Lucy (and the audience) a glimpse of the awesome transformation that's about to take place. ^_^
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Andriel » Jul 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Another one of my other favorite scenes is when Lucy comes up on the end of the bridge by herself (without Aslan). its like she's finally being noticed :)
and i also like how shes so calm. :|
Previously DP Dessa
My RL sibs are Adeona, NarnianCricket, and DancingPrincesses.
Im a HUGE Fan of The Avengers!!!!!!!!!
Andriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DancingPrincesses » Jul 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Louloudi the Centaur wrote:The scene that I really like is Lucy's Dream in Prince Caspian. :) It's just so sad yet full of hope for Lucy for Narnia. I think Narnia fans during this time can relate in a way...

Yes, that's one of my favorite scenes too. :)
Anther one of my favorites is in LWW, when Aslan is resurrected, its just so beautiful, and yet calm at the same time!

My RL sibs are Adeona, Mars Aviator, Lizzle, NarnianCricket, and Andriel
DancingPrincesses
NarniaWeb Junkie

Next