This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Yes, no, maybe so...

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Do you think they will make more Narnia movies?

Yes!
32%
No...
2%
Maybe
16%
Maybe in another 10 years...
32%
I sure hope so
18%

Total votes : 44

Re: Yes, no, maybe so...

Postby Narnian_Archer » Jul 02, 2012 6:45 am

I'm quite certain another Narnia film may come up eventually, but I don't think it will be as large as the others have been. I'm more inclined to be believe it will be a lower-budget, quieter, and smaller film financed by Gresham and filmed by a small filming company. I have no facts the base this on, but that's the impression I'm getting. After reading the interview with Gresham, I have a feeling he may not be so very happy with the domineering, monopolizing attitude some of these big Hollywood companies have and how they really take these things into their own hands, and so may want to do it more or less on his own so he can have more control over what does and doesn't get into his films. At least, that's my opinion. And, honestly, that's what would make me happier. I would rather see a smaller, lower-budget film with less CGI, but a quality story, good acting, and a good script! I think I can see it happening in about 10 years or so (maybe a bit less). :)
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 02, 2012 11:27 pm

Narnian_Archer wrote:I'm quite certain another Narnia film may come up eventually, but I don't think it will be as large as the others have been. I'm more inclined to be believe it will be a lower-budget, quieter, and smaller film financed by Gresham and filmed by a small filming company. I have no facts the base this on, but that's the impression I'm getting. After reading the interview with Gresham, I have a feeling he may not be so very happy with the domineering, monopolizing attitude some of these big Hollywood companies have and how they really take these things into their own hands, and so may want to do it more or less on his own so he can have more control over what does and doesn't get into his films. At least, that's my opinion. And, honestly, that's what would make me happier. I would rather see a smaller, lower-budget film with less CGI, but a quality story, good acting, and a good script! I think I can see it happening in about 10 years or so (maybe a bit less). :)

The great thing about a possible independent film is that, while it lets Gresham have more control, it might not necessarily make it too small. I've heard The Hunger Games was also made independently, and it caused quite a stir. Theaters were selling out of tickets! :D So it may just be the best of both worlds...

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby 7chronicles » Jul 03, 2012 3:55 am

I have no doubt that we will one day see another Narnia film! :ymapplause: :)
I think it will be quite some time before we see another Narnia movie and when we do I think it will be a completely new reboot, new studio and everything.
And I agree with what both fantasia_kitty and glumPuddle said, that the next movie most likely will be a reboot starting with Magician's Nephew.
As much as I want another movie as soon as possible, I think the longer we wait the better it will work out for the reboot.
I'm keeping an eye on the newly rebooted Spider-Man movie to see how people react to the reboot so soon after the last movie which came out only four years ago. :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 03, 2012 11:07 am

Ithilwen wrote:I've heard The Hunger Games was also made independently, and it caused quite a stir. Theaters were selling out of tickets! :D So it may just be the best of both worlds...

I hadn't realized Lions Gate Entertainment was an independent company until just now... they and Color Studios do a lot of book adaptions, right? Could be interesting. :D

7chronicles, good point about Spiderman. We'll also get an idea of that when they reboot Batman (again), and if the rumors about a Twilight reboot turn out to be true.
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Boy Scout » Jul 03, 2012 6:31 pm

What's interesting with the Spider Man, is that orginally, it was going to be a like "Spider Man 4."

The first director, Sam Raimi, was work on the fouth installment, but the the studio kept on making him rewrite his script, claiming that they didn't want a CGI villian aka; The Lizard.

Raimi annonced that he wouldn't be ready by the deadline and walked away. Less than 2 weeks later, the studio annouced that they would be rebooting the series with a new cast via "Batman Begins."

I don't want to tell the whole messy story, but it ended like this.

We got a moive of which the first 90+ mintues we already know (Spiderman's orgin, Uncle Ben's death, etc.) We also got a CGI villian in The Lizard, all this form the same studio that pushed out the original director and scrubbed the cast.

Now it might not all work out the same way in our case but ask yourself this question,

Do we really want this in Narnia?
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Andriel » Jul 05, 2012 3:06 pm

I hope they do.
I really had hoped to see The Magicians Nephew.
also The Horse And His Boy.
those are both really good!
I never Get tired of listening to the tapes!

Andriel
Previously DP Dessa
My RL sibs are Adeona, NarnianCricket, and DancingPrincesses.
Im a HUGE Fan of The Avengers!!!!!!!!!
Andriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Adeona » Jul 05, 2012 8:11 pm

I'm in the "Maybe in ten years" group. I really hope we'll see SC or MN by the time I'm thirty-five. It's possible, at least. :ymsigh: I'm sorry we won't see a new Narnia film for a while, but I've accepted it and have moved on.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Maybe in another 10 years - or perhaps even 15 or 20 or longer.
But I do think they will be done again. Whether they will be done well, and in the spirit of the books, is another matter. No more guarantee for that than for the first attempt.

If I'm still able to see them when they come, it may feel strange to see Lucy not looking like Georgie Henley - but we'll get used to it ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Previous