This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

What Directors should make a Narnia film in the future?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: What Directors should make a Narnia film in the future?

Postby Reepicheep775 » Oct 07, 2013 2:14 pm

icarus wrote:
David West wrote:Out of curiosity... Why Adamson?... I just don't view Andrew Adamson as a particularly great director. He's serviceable, but nothing more.

"Better the devil you know"?

To be honest, a few years back I'd of scoffed at the choice of bringing back Andrew Adamson too, since as you say he is honestly not a "great" director, but with everything that's gone on since, and given the uncertainty of where we are now, i'd take Andrew Adamson as a safe pair of hands any day of the week.

I'd feel a lot better about another Narnia movie if I knew Adamson was coming back to direct. His movies definitely had room for improvement, but I quite liked both of them and I thought they were (for the most part) worthy of the name "Narnia". Of course, it would be great if the Mark Gordon Company could find a director who understands the books even better and is an even better filmmaker than Adamson, but they could also find a terrible director. With Adamson as director I think we're guaranteed a good Narnia film, but a new director is a shot in the dark. Could be great, could be terrible, could be anything in between.

Another thought I had was Andrew Stanton, director of John Carter, WALL-E, and Finding Nemo. Although John Carter got lukewarm reviews (I haven't seen it yet), I thought his two Pixar movies were fantastic, and I know he wants another try at directing a live action film. Stanton is also a Christian, so he might be able to understand the themes of the book better.

EDIT: Now that I think of it Andrew Stanton will probably be busy with Finding Dory (2016). Oh, well. It doesn't look like Andrew Adamson will be too busy for the next few years.
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Re: What Directors should make a Narnia film in the future?

Postby aragorn2 » Oct 10, 2013 6:32 pm

I'd really like to see Brad Bird direct a Narnia film. He understands kids and he can do great drama. And he can do amazing action scenes. But alas he's probably too busy with tomorrowland :(
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous