This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Animation vs Live Action

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Do you think any future Narnia movies should be animated or should they stay primarily live action?

Yes, they should consider some kind of animation.
27%
No, they should continue making the Narnia films as primarily live action and only use animation when necessary.
73%

Total votes : 44

Re: Animation vs Live Action

Postby Andriel » Jul 06, 2012 6:52 pm

I don't think any animation is necessary.
maybe the good animation like the Tintin movie animation.
i think that kind is pretty realistic.
Previously DP Dessa
My RL sibs are Adeona, NarnianCricket, and DancingPrincesses.
Im a HUGE Fan of The Avengers!!!!!!!!!
Andriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnialuver » Jul 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Harrison ford said: "I'd hate to see it reduced in any way from the movies that we have done and the way we have done them" he was talking about Indiana Jones and I think this applies to the Narnia films well if you are going to do a 4th then do it right or not at all.

the only way I would let them is If they did a reboot on Narnia, which I highly doubt.

The Hobbit in theaters: 14 December 2012
narnialuver
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby juzuma loves lucy » Dec 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Well. that's a big question. I like animation and stuff like that, the 1979 Narnia was awesome and cute, but we're gonna go all through it and most of us will still remember the old movies even if the outside audience forgets them. That's going to be a big disappointment. So I vote live action. The latest three movies were very family-oriented but I think it's all about the fact that they don't look like it, so... half by half would be the best solution.
Lucy:Do you remember who really defeated the White Witch?
Peter: Yes.
Susan:No.
Lucy:Do you both believe in Narnia?
Narnians, Caspian and Edmund:We believe.
Susan and Peter:Shut up.
juzuma loves lucy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby emeraldcityofoz » Dec 29, 2012 4:58 pm

I think it would be awfully strange to switch to animation halfway through the current series. If they were to do a reboot, I think realistic animation like in Polar Express or Brave might work nicely. That being said, I would definitely prefer live action. I love how the current series uses a lot of real world filming locations vs. green screen. It makes Narnia seem closer to a real place. I can't stand when a movie relies completely on CGI environments like Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.
"I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."
emeraldcityofoz
NarniaWeb Newbie

Previous