This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Most disapointing left thing left "unmade"?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Most disapointing left thing left "unmade"?

Postby adamie » Nov 07, 2011 2:45 pm

I've always loved HHB. It's such a great adventure story, and I love how it is a coming of age story that isn't at all cheesy in the book. I would have loved to see it on the big screen, as I think it would translate extremely well to film. Therefore it could have easily been one of the strongest entries in the series.

I also just adore the relationship between Shasta and Bree. You could really have a great character and relation focus in the film without it loosing a lot of momentum, since the characters spend so much time together.
click the image.
adamie
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy Queen of the Sea » Nov 07, 2011 5:32 pm

I agree with what some of you have stated earlier, that the end of the Last Battle would be very amazing to see. :)
There's a sale at the
MAUL...
...everything's half off.
Lucy Queen of the Sea
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby MagicApple » Nov 07, 2011 5:46 pm

The first book I ever read was The Magicians Nephew so I would love to see Polly's hideout in the attic and the creation of Narnia! And if I remember correctly in the Last Battle there is a part where Father Time blots out the dying sun,that part I would love to see! And also the part in The Horse and His Boy where Bree teaches Shasta how to ride him!

So, basically all of the remaining books! :ymblushing:
MagicApple
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby wild rose » Nov 08, 2011 9:09 am

I really wanted to see HHB, I wanted to see how they would picture Shasta (Cor) and Aravis and Corin, was also looking forward to seeing the Pevensies again, as well as seeing how the Calormen would be protrayed :( *sigh*

I was also looking forward to seeing Puddleglum and prince Rilian

And of course I really wanted LB to come out, it's my third favorite book and I was so looking forward to it, we would see Peter again and have so many of the old characters come back again :(
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby narnian_at_heart » Nov 13, 2011 4:59 pm

I wanted to see Puddleglum as well. The whole book of The Silver Chair, actually. It's probably my favorite book. One part I especially will miss is the Underworld scenes. Those were amazing and I always thought they were really cool. And they made me want to go looking for cracks and caves to go under the earth. *wishes longingly*
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Most disappointing left thing left "unmade"?

Postby stateofgreen » Nov 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Agree with narnian at heart above. I wanted to see the entire Silver Chair book made....the dark Underworld, Puddleglum, especially the Jill and Eustace bickering and bonding, Glimfeather, the Parliament of Owls, the dwarves, the snowball dance, Trumpkin, Rilian, etc.

Also sad not to see The Last Battle filmed, disappointing that there isn't a serious attempt at making that book into a movie (even if it is violent in some of its aspects).

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Eustace » Nov 15, 2011 2:39 pm

I don't know for sure. It is probably a toss up between Shasta, Aravis, and Jill. Those characters I really wanted to see. We didn't even see Shasta and Aravis in the BBC versions so maybe I am more upset about not seeing them.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Corin101 » Nov 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Personally, I'll going to miss not having Puddleglum on the big screen. He is by far my favorite Narnian character. I was also looking forward to the HHB being made into a movie, which some you have already mentioned.
Corin101
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby waterfall » Jan 10, 2012 11:37 am

I wanted to see all the books made into movies :(( :(( :(( but I especally wanted to see the part in the Silver Chair when Jill meets Aslan
waterfall
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Nic5 » Jan 11, 2012 5:55 am

I would have liked to see a PC style of epic Horse & His Boy the most, but i would prefer that MN and SC are made before it too :p
Nic5
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Narnian_Archer » Feb 20, 2012 7:17 am

The one book I really wanted to see on screen was HHB. I've heard many people comment on it being the most boring and out of place book, but for me it's on of my favorite and I think it's place in the series is invaluable, and from the time my brother read it to me, I could just imaging such a beautiful movie being made! Ever scene was so vivid to me and I just knew it would make an awe-inspiring movie, and it's so disappointing to realize it will probably never be made, or it will never be made right since the directors have such a knack for ruining the movies!! X( ~x( :-q :ymtongue:

Another thing I was really looking forward to seeing was Tash and all of the Last Battle. Such a shame...
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Ancientdogma » Feb 25, 2012 2:21 am

Higher up and further in.... and the dwarves eating glorious food but thinking it was dirt...and this one line "Kiss me, Jewel. For certainly this is our last night on earth. And if ever I offended against you in any matter great or small, forgive me now."

Ah they could be such wonderful movies if only the stories were truly depicted... to paraphrase a line from a simple movie that made a reasonable amount of money... (film) it they will come... they wont know why...
Ancientdogma
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnianerd » Jul 02, 2012 11:59 pm

I'm so sad that HHB didn't get made, it was my favorite book out of the series. It was like the perfect combo, it was an adventure story, it was a love story, it was a war story. In my opinion it was all around just the best book ever. Not to mention that my favorite character in all of the series is Corin, I would have loved to see him on the big screen. Boxing. Just epic. :(
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 03, 2012 11:58 am

All of HHB and MN... I love those books. And Puddleglum is an amazing character on so many counts, and I'm still of the opinion that Patrick Stewart would've been a fantastic Marshwiggle. :p

But for particulars... It'd have to be either Charn or the Apple in MN. The cinematography and atmosphere in Charn! It gives me chills just thinking about it.

Also, the Apple confrontation, and later, the one picked with permission, is one of my favourite scenes in all of the Chronicles. The description of the way the forbidden apple changed Jadis so horribly is a stark contrast to the way the gifted apple changed Digory's mother... admittedly, the Focus on the Family audio drama never fails to bring water my eyes at that point. To see those to parallel scenes would have been amazing for me. :(
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby lover of narnia » Jul 03, 2012 3:30 pm

I'd have to go with a majority of you and say that out of it all, I'm most disappointed to see HHB not come to the screen. The book truly was a glorious blend. I remember laughing quite hard during parts with Rabadash, who could have been very interesting brought to screen, and loving the parts with Older!Edmund and Susan in Calormene.

I think it would have been a colorful story, and since the book was already filled with a quick 'pace', per say, little changes would need to be made. It was far from boring, in my own opinion.

Truthfully, I'm disappointed to not see the whole series made. I would be so excited to see whom they cast for Rilian and Tirian, and how they digitally capture the wonder of Narnia being created and the desolation that is Charn.

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 04, 2012 12:39 am

Puddleglum being my favorite character, he's definitely one I would regret never seeing on the big screen.

Another one I would feel sad about never seeing is Aslan's Country. Although, I can't imagine how they would be able to design such a thing to make it wonderful enough.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

PreviousNext