This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Most disapointing left thing left "unmade"?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Most disapointing left thing left "unmade"?

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 21, 2012 10:24 am

GlimGlum wrote:I really hope HHB makes it to the big screen someday. But in addition to the above, just seeing Tashbaan itself should be a wonder moment. Here is a pretty neat artist's rendition of that great Calormen city: Link to rendition of Tashbaan

Just imagine that on a big screen!

Oh wow, am I ever imagining. :-o That's incredible looking, Glim, thanks for sharing! Now I'm even more anxious for a HHB film. ;))
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Eustace » Nov 01, 2012 3:43 pm

The whole book of the Horse ad His Boy. But I guess if I had to pick one thing it is Queen Aravis. I really want to see her. This is my third favorite book of the series and it never got a movie.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Well, to deviate from things in movies that weren't made... one of the most disappointing 'missing scenes' for me was Edmund telling Eustace that "...you were only an ass, but I was a traitor."

It's a powerful scene, showing just how far Edmund has come from his introduction in LWW, and maybe even in VotDT. He owns up to what he did and shares a dark point in his own life with the kid he'd despised earlier.

They'd set it up, even... and then skipped over the possibility and on to something else. :(
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jul 24, 2013 4:43 am

GlimGlum wrote:I really hope HHB makes it to the big screen someday. But in addition to the above, just seeing Tashbaan itself should be a wonder moment. Here is a pretty neat artist's rendition of that great Calormen city: Link to rendition of Tashbaan

Just imagine that on a big screen!

Oh wow! That rendition of Tashbaan looks a long way better than I ever imagined it might look. Except for one thing. How does Aravis & Lazaraleen get from the palace at the top of the hill to the gate at the bottom of the garden?

There are other things that I really would like to see, such as the Hall of statues in MN or the city of Charn spread out before the palace in that movie. Not to mention the Wood between the Worlds and the Creation scenes. The planting of Uncle Andrew and the flight to the garden are other scenes that would be worth seeing.

But I see what you mean about key scenes being forgotten about in VDT, such as Edmund making the comment about Eustace only being an ass, whilst Edmund had been a traitor. Don't forget there is a similar scene in HHB, when Edmund comments that 'even traitors may mend' when King Lune needs to decide what to do with Rabadash.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 24, 2013 1:15 pm

wagga wrote:How does Aravis & Lazaraleen get from the palace at the top of the hill to the gate at the bottom of the garden?
...obligatory chase scene? More seriously, perhaps the Tisroc's palace is not quite at the pinnacle of the hill, and/or has an up and down stretch of land.

And yes, I heartily agree that 'even traitors may mend' really, really, really needs to be in HHB--along with "the bolt of Tash falls from above!" "Does it ever get caught on a hook halfway?" ;))
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jul 25, 2013 3:38 am

According to the book (p. 47, beginning of Ch 4) the building at the top would be either the Tisroc's Palace or the Temple or Tash, or maybe both. I'd prefer the Tisroc's palace to be honest, and a somewhat different roofline. Boycotts because a building looks too like Hagia Sophia is not really a good idea.

I don't really like the idea of yet another 'obligatory chase scene'. I've seen enough badly constructed ladders, pathways meant for feathers, unsafe rockslides and long jumping in LOTR & the Hobbit. Perhaps when Lazaraleen loses her way she could somehow go down a ramp or three down to the Tisroc's secret bunker or something. It is only down on that level that she finally finds her way back outside to lead Aravis up the textually accurate garden gate and to freedom.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby starkat » Jul 27, 2013 3:30 pm

The Horse and His Boy. It would have given us another chance to see the adult Pevensies or the kids acting in a more adult role. I'm also horse crazy, so I would have loved to see how they handled the horses.
starkat

Postby AnimalOfNarnia » Sep 06, 2013 11:28 pm

If they don't make any more, I will be very disappointed if they don't show Bree, one of my favorite characters. He has such a personality! :)

I also would like to hear the song Aslan sings to create Narnia. Hearing Aslan singing would just melt my heart.

But the thing in the movies that HAVE been made I am most disapointed about being left out is the scene where Eustace wakes up a dragon, does to the pond, discovers he IS the dragon, and then cries under the night sky.

I haven't seen VDT, but I know it was cut; they kept the scene where Reepicheep comforts him, OBVIOUSLY, but they left the one I mentioned out, and which I find superior.

Oh, and this passage from PC, which just melts my heart, never made it to screen:

"AT the sight of Aslan the cheeks of the Telmarine soldiers became the colour of cold gravy, their knees knocked together, and many fell on their faces. They had not believed in lions and this made their fear greater. Even the Red Dwarfs, who knew that he came as a friend, stood with open mouths and could not speak. Some of the Black Dwarfs, who had been of Nikabrik's party, began to edge away. But all the Talking Beasts surged round the Lion, with purrs and grunts and squeaks and whinneys of delight, fawning on him with their tails, rubbing against him, touching him reverently with their noses and going to and fro under his body and between his legs. If you have ever seen a little cat loving a big dog whom it knows and trusts, you will have a pretty good picture of their behaviour."

It's such a beautiful passage that shows how loyal all these animals were.

And they cut it! :((
AnimalOfNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous