This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Most disapointing left thing left "unmade"?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Most disapointing left thing left "unmade"?

Postby Glumpuddle » Oct 30, 2011 11:22 am

Long before LWW released, I was anticipating one day seeing my favorite character, Puddleglum, come to life on the big screen.
One of my first thoughts when it started to look like VDT would be the last movie was how disappointed I was that I wouldn't see Puddleglum. The character in the book is more than enough for me... but it still would have been cool.

What about you? If they don't make anymore Narnia movies, what will be the character or scene you will be most disappointed about not seeing on the big screen?
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Re: Most disapointing left thing left "unmade"?

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Oct 30, 2011 11:34 am

I really hoped that I could see more of Digory Kirke's young character in MN, since he is my favorite character in the Narnia series. I wanted to see his character grow into the wise professor he became in LWW.

MN and LB are my two favorite books, so I have my top scene from each I wanted to have on screen the most.

For MN, I would have liked to see how the creation of Narnia would be pulled off. How would Aslan's song had sounded? And how would they have done it? Would it have been done in such a beautiful and original way? Or would the filmmakers take "the easy way out", like they did for some things in the three films we have?

For LB, I would have liked to see the antithesis of the creation of Narnia: The ending and Aslan's Country. Very few books have series that end with the destruction of a world that I know of, so the ending would be very unusual, but intriguing. And the ending, the final moments in Aslan's Country, are such an emotional thing, and the place is almost beyond description, so I would have liked to see how it would have been done.

Ah well, even if no more films are made, we have the best camera of all: our minds. Then we can always see the character or place how we like. :)
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Reepicheep775 » Oct 30, 2011 4:27 pm

The thing I really wanted to see on the screen was the chapter 'The Queen of Underland'. That scene might be my favourite of the entire series. It means a lot to me.
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lion's Emblem » Oct 30, 2011 9:26 pm

The reunion of all the key characters from the Chronicles into Aslan's country in The Last Battle. Mainly because, if done right, the scene would feel full circle- we've seen the characters from the films and now they're all together for the final farewell (as an audience knowing that this is not the real end). It would also be really interesting to see all the characters and creatures come running through the stable door when Aslan puts an end to Narnia.

Of course, as with any scene, the book plays it out in a perfect way. But, for a film, it's enjoyable to see all your favorite characters come together again.
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby -centaur- » Oct 31, 2011 1:03 pm

Oh, where do I start? I had hoped to see all the books made.
I really wanted to see LB made. Not that it's my favourite book, that would have to go to SC, but it would be interesting to see the movie executed. Not only the amazing climax of the series, with the destruction of Narnia and the entrance to Aslan's country, but also the begininng. Tirian's last stand, with Eustace, Jill, Jewel and the others is so epic. It would have been great to see that. Unfortunately, LB is the only book of the remaining four that couldn't logically be made next. *headdesk*. But really, I'd love to see any of the remaining books be made into movies.
-centaur-
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby D-T » Oct 31, 2011 1:58 pm

I REALLY wanted to see LB because they all go into Aslan's Country like
Lion's Emblem said. and I wanted to see LoTGK lair, and how they would do the silver chair (the chair, not the movie it's self) and the pools that Digory and Polly go through, and the dying country (the one before Narnia came to be) I think that would had been cool B-)
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS
D-T
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: My head is in the clouds, Im not really sure what the rest of me is doing...

Postby wolfloversk » Oct 31, 2011 7:54 pm

Bree. Most certainly Bree. Also one of my most favorite moments from the entire series (that I think would work perfectly in a trailer) is when Bree reveals to Shasta that he can talk. Favorite Book, Favorite Character, great scene :)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby stargazer » Oct 31, 2011 8:57 pm

Some scenes from HHB come immediately to mind:

"The Unwelcome Fellow Traveller" - Shasta's conversation on the dark, lonely mountain path with a Voice that is eventually revealed to be a golden Lion. Reading this chapter still gives me goosebumps after all these years. The scene with Shasta at the feet of the Lion, then it swirling up into a golden glory and disappearing, could have been spectacular.

Aravis and Lasaraleen overhearing the Tisroc's top-secret conversation plotting the overthrow of Narnia - this may seem like a weird choice, given all other great scenes in the books. But a while back I listened as a friend read this part aloud, and it's hilarious! Great slapstick humor. Done right, it could insert some fun into a tense section of the movie.

Shasta in the tombs - speaking of tense sections...this could be scary, depending on how it's done, but I'd like to see the cat comforting him.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby daughter of the King » Oct 31, 2011 9:07 pm

Shasta and Aslan travelling through the mountains. That just is Narnia to me. Like stargazer, it always gives me goosebumps; sometimes it even takes my breath away when Aslan finally reveals himself. Although I must admit part of me is glad that there is a possibility that Walden won't make this movie because I doubt they would get this scene right.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Nov 01, 2011 3:22 am

Too right! :D Also, I really want to see how Shasta and Corin are depicted from beginning to the end. The mistaken identity in Tashbaan, their meeting on Corin's return, Shasta warning King Lune to fly to Anvard, Shasta meeting Corin at the house of the 3 dwarves in Narnia, and the final realisation of who he actually is.

And of course I want to see Aravis' reaction to all of this. :D

But that is HHB. I also want to see the Hall of statues in Charn which is featured in MN. ;)
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby GlimGlum » Nov 01, 2011 11:44 am

glumPuddle wrote:I was anticipating one day seeing my favorite character, Puddleglum, come to life on the big screen.

I was wanting to see Puddelglum as well on the big screen. I think he would be an audience favorite. :ymapplause:

And Shasta, Aravis, Bree, and Hwin crossing the bridge into Tashbaan would make for a great shot or shots of that city from the outside. B-)

Those are just a couple of things that come to mind at the moment. :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby Adeona » Nov 03, 2011 12:36 am

Oh, I'd been looking forward to seeing Jewel! And the final battle on Stable Hill, so terrible and sad.
Bree and Hwin of course, and Aravis - especially the scene where Shasta realizes she's not a Tarkhan but a mere girl. :) The humiliating end of Rabadash's visit to Anvard.
The scene in SC when they free Rilian. Oh, and the Giants' kitchen!
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby outlier » Nov 04, 2011 2:17 pm

I've always looked forward to (and will miss seeing) the transition to Narnia. I wanted to see Digory and Polly switching the rings in the pool, Eustace and Jill floating down from Aslan's country, the railroad accident, and entering the stable

Oh, and I was also looking forward to seeing the filmmakers would execute Rabadash getting hooked onto the wall/ledge in HHB ;))
Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby SilverSea » Nov 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Narnia's destruction would have been epic to see. :(
SilverSea
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby PuddleCheep » Nov 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Seeing Rabadash turn into a donkey. That would be hilarious to see! =))

And seeing Narnia destroyed and the reunion of all the characters would have been the most awesome and emotional thing I've ever seen in a movie. (I hope it will live up to my expectations if it ever is filmed.)
PuddleCheep
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lilygloves » Nov 05, 2011 8:04 pm

A lot of people wanted to see Puddleglum, and I agree. I think it would be even better to think about after that joke about Andrew Adamson playing Puddleglum. I would really want to see the Queen of the Underland scene. It's one of pretty much every Narnia fan's favorite scene with the famous quote, "I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia!"
I would also really want to see the scene in HHB when Aslan says, "I was the lion" and tells Shasta about how he was with him through all his travels. It could be so powerful if they did it right and is one of my favorite scenes in the whole series.

I think the most disappointing thing is knowing that people who don't know The Chronicles of Narnia will end with a "bad taste in their mouths" from VDT. I don't think it was a good representation of Narnia and they won't have a chance to see the beauty and charm of it.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Next