This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Eustace vs. Reepicheep?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Eustace vs. Reepicheep?

Postby Glumpuddle » Sep 22, 2009 3:53 pm

The other scene I could only see that Eustace comes up to the edge and looks over the side of the ship with a sword, I get the feeling he thinks he’s somehow forced Reepicheep into the water. Then a man with a greenscreen mouse comes over and places it on the ropes near Eustace, Eustace sees him and then they go off out of view to the centre of the ship, but I can guess what’s going on because the director (or whoever it was) is saying to the Dawn Treader crew “okay guys, you’re clapping, you’re laughing you’re enjoying the fight”.
http://www.narniaweb.com/2009/09/eustac ... k-details/

Do you think they're having Eustace push Reep overboard... instead of swinging him around by his tail?

As much as I would miss that scene in the book... This could make for a really cool moment. Eustace sneaks up... and pushes Reep over the edge. Eustace slowly looks over the edge....and then Reep suddenly pops up (having somehow been able to grab onto something instead of falling into the water) and starts chasing Eustace.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Re: Eustace vs. Reepicheep?

Postby JadistarkilleR » Sep 22, 2009 4:17 pm

i would much rather that they do it the book way. something about Eustace creeping up on Reep and pushes him overboard is demeaning of Reep's ability to anticipate his enemies (specially somebody as blumbering as Eustace). i think the way that scene plays out is that Eustace either spars with Reep until he thinks he has cornered him and pushes him overboard with a sword/ stick, or have Eustace grab Reep by the tail (like in the book), circle around a few times then hoists him overboard. but in both times Eustace looks over the edge, thinks he succeeded then turns around to see Reep on deck completely unflustered.

You have a chance to become the most noble contradiction in history
...the Telmarine who saved Narnia.
JadistarkilleR
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby 7chronicles » Sep 22, 2009 4:24 pm

If I'm reading it right. Eustace has a sword, and that makes me think that this scene would come after he swings Reep by the tail. And after Reepicheep demands satisfaction by a duel, and Caspian offers to lend him a sword. Instead of
“He apologized sulkily and went off with Lucy to have his hand bathed and bandaged and then went to his bunk”
Maybe in the movie Reepicheep and Eustace do have a duel and that is where this scene takes place. And during the course of the fight Eustace pushes Reep overboard and thinks he has him beat.
Then Reep climbs back on board and comes behind Eustace and the fight continues. But if they do replace the scene with Reep being swung around by the tail with Eustace pushing him overboard, I think I would be fine with that as well. :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 22, 2009 7:39 pm

I wouldn't mind the tail-swinging being replaced by pushing overboard. In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big a change.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Sep 23, 2009 8:17 am

If they don't have Eustace swing Reepicheep by the tail, I am going to be very upset. :(( X( That is the part I've been looking forward to the most! I such a clear picture of it in my head I want to see it. :(( I will also not be happy if Eustace fights Reep instead of sulkily apologizing. Eustace is not a fighter! However, I could handle it if this is after he has been undragoned and Reep is teaching him how to fight.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Movie Aristotle » Sep 23, 2009 10:22 am

I’m inclined to believe that this is the fight that Eustace decides against in the book. It seems like Eustace accepts the challenge in the movie, perhaps because he won’t apologize to a mouse. He would only think of Reep as a little beast or a performing animal. So this is one of those things that makes sense even though it isn’t like the book. Besides, Movie Eustace is much older than Book Eustace, so age might play a role in his accepting the challenge in the movie, but rejecting the challenge in the book.

All the same, I’d still prefer to have it go like the book and be done with this episode so we can move on to more exciting things later in the voyage. Do we really need another single combat scene in a Narnia movie?
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby PrincessMia241 » Sep 24, 2009 11:22 am

Wups, everyone is around laughing and clapping? Because Eustace pushed Reep over?? Sad! lol
avy by narniagirl90
PrincessMia241
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby princess_of_narnia » Sep 24, 2009 11:45 am

Somehow, I am having dejà vu. Did we get a similar video with the crew clapping and laughing around a duel that had two different members--Caspian and Edmund...
Sig by ski_hi_flier Avvy by campgirl
princess_of_narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 24, 2009 1:58 pm

I suspect we'll see Eustace acting very superior and cocky about his non-existent skills, only to be totally schooled by Reep. I kind of like the idea of this scene. It fits with Eustace's attitude.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby narnialover4 » Sep 26, 2009 9:01 am

I think swinging Reepicheep by the tail would be funnier :)
"Are you sure you're eighteen?"
"Why? Do I look older?"
narnialover4
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby coracle » Sep 26, 2009 1:16 pm

I'd be sorry if it's not swinging by the tail - this is one of those petty mean things that boys like Eustace do! Like pulling a cat's tail....
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Eustified » Oct 01, 2009 7:34 pm

I don't like the idea of Eustace and Reep fighting because until Eustace turns into a dragon not only is supposed to be annoying he is also a coward. After all in the book he refuses . It just seems like unnecessary action scene.
Eustified
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby IloveFauns » Oct 06, 2009 1:46 am

I hope reepicheep wins. It would be better if reepi wins because it will make Eustace even more sulky.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Eustified » Oct 12, 2009 5:46 pm

I don't think we have to worry about Reep losing from what i've heard and seen Reep will be victorious. :ymapplause:
Eustified
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Oct 13, 2009 1:42 pm

oh bother! i would really like to see Eustace swing Reepicheep by the tail!
but oh well, if they do something else, then I'm ok with it! :)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Farsight1 » Oct 15, 2009 12:16 pm

Swinging him by the tail would be funnier, but if they change it, I'm not going to be upset.
Farsight1
NarniaWeb Regular

Next