This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Great pics from Kerrie

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Great pics from Kerrie

Postby jnjewlz » Sep 21, 2009 7:52 am

jnjewlz
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: Great pics from Kerrie

Postby icarus » Sep 21, 2009 10:27 am

That armour is quite interesting. The regular sailors armour is very definitely not Telmarine in style (at least compared to the regular soldiers in PC), but Caspian's armour has more than a hint of Miraz about it (though maybe thats just the gold/blue color scheme going on, since its essentially the same basic design as the others. lol)

I would perhaps assume this is for a Lone Islands related scene, though really their are probably plenty of other times when they might see the need to wear armour, even if its just for precaution when stepping onto some of the strange unknown islands later on.

...and they marched up the street so that the street shook, and their armour shone (for it was a sunny morning) so that one could hardly look at it steadily.

Its not the shiniest armour in the world though is it? lol. hahaah... im sure none of us are going to be too nitpicky over that though, are we? ;)
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnialover101 » Sep 21, 2009 11:07 am

If this is simply them at the Lone Islands then why is the ship already damaged? I don't mean to jump to any radical conclusions, but for some reason I'm more inclined to think this is part of an added battle. Dearly hope I'm wrong, but with all the rumors about "pitched battles" and Lucy carrying a sword, and now this, I'm definitely not feeling hopeful. :-l

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the armor either; it just looks sort of odd.

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)
Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)
narnialover101
Moderator Emeritus
Narniaweb's Resident Peter Pan Gone Gangsta'

Postby ForeverFan » Sep 21, 2009 11:29 am

One thing I'd like to know is just how many creatures are on board...not counting the dwarves (or is it dwarfs?) it looks like there's at least three/four?

I agree about the armour looking, at least, different, I'm not sure if I'm loving it at the moment, although I think the prospect of a bigger battle then what was in the book is actually causing me bigger sadness/concern. Unless of course the damage on the ship is from the sea serpent.... however, given the picture with one of the crew having blood on his face, I believe it's probably not from the serpent but from an actual battle. :(
[center]Dear days of old, with the faces in the firelight,
Kind folks of old, you come again no more.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)
ForeverFan
NarniaWeb Zealot
Keeper of Thursdays (BC), Retired

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Sep 21, 2009 4:32 pm

wow!!!!! cool pictures!!!!!! Skandar sure got tall! :)
the armour is so cool looking!!!!! very nice :)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Erucenindë » Sep 21, 2009 10:43 pm

i like the armor. I rather think that it looks just a tad Telmarine influenced, and then of course it's own thing too.

Caspian's armor is good too, i like how they def set him apart with the gold armor.

i actually am loving Lucy's outfit. very good. All reminds me of the BBC Dawn Treader. very nice. ;) I like how we are all looking narnian, yet have that touch of seafaring. :)
My Graphics Site
Council of Elrond - Best LOTR forum
Aliit ori'shya tal'din. ~ Mandolorian Proverb
Auta i lóme; Aurë entuluva. ~ Quenya
Erucenindë
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 22, 2009 2:48 pm

That armor is a bit on the bland side. Definitely no frills there.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Peepiceeka » Sep 22, 2009 5:39 pm

It's very different from the previous two, which can be taken as a good or a bad thing. Since this new style is very unique, it gives the feel of adventure and a new Narnia. The armory in LWW and PC fit the actors better and the colors flowed a bit more. One of the things that stands out is those shoulder plates. They look too big for the shoulders.

But maybe this will end up being like the Dawn Treader ship dilema and the costumes will look great in the finished product. I have to say though, the outfits besides that armor are looking great! :)
Peepiceeka
NarniaWeb Nut