This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

VDT production and H1N1

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

VDT production and H1N1

Postby 220chrisTian » Sep 17, 2009 12:47 pm

A relative told me Australia had recently started giving out the vaccine for H1N1 [swine flu]. I don't know if this is true or not. If so, I wondered if it were mandatory for residents and/or visitors. How is H1N1 affecting VDT production, if at all? Has the vaccine been administered to the cast and crew? :-s

[I don't think H1N1 is as harmful as the vaccine... X(]
220chrisTian

Re: VDT production and H1N1

Postby IloveFauns » Sep 18, 2009 2:36 am

There not really talking about it much anymore. Basically the only people who die are the ones that had another illness when they got it and those who go with out treatment.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby narnialover4 » Sep 26, 2009 9:07 am

Wow, I didn't realize H1N1 was affecting people that far away as well. :-o I must be out of it.
"Are you sure you're eighteen?"
"Why? Do I look older?"
narnialover4
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Bother Eustace » Sep 26, 2009 9:16 am

IloveFauns wrote:There not really talking about it much anymore. Basically the only people who die are the ones that had another illness when they got it and those who go with out treatment.
Is that the official stance of most of the people in Australia? That would be great if it were, then it wouldn't cause any trouble for production. I doubt it will.
220chrisTian wrote:[I don't think H1N1 is as harmful as the vaccine... X(]

I totally agree.
"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby bkey » Sep 26, 2009 9:41 am

I'm sure whenever productions are filming anywhere the studio/crew take all precautions to make sure that everyone working on the film will be safe.
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Peepiceeka » Sep 26, 2009 10:04 am

H1N1 is just a form of the flu, and people are only seriously affected if they live in poor countries. If they've gotten the flu shot, most of them should be alright. It might be a good thing, though, to give them the vaccine if they want it just to make sure people are safe as well as to keep production going as smoothly as it has been. Something similar happened during PC production. There was a Lyme disease risk, so the Production crew sent out an email offering the vaccine to anyone who chose to receive it.
Peepiceeka
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby 220chrisTian » Sep 26, 2009 5:06 pm

Peepiceeka wrote:H1N1 is just a form of the flu, and people are only seriously affected if they live in poor countries. If they've gotten the flu shot, most of them should be alright.
H1N1 is a form of flu, yes, but it's made out to be worse than it is. It has nothing to do with poor countries. It's everywhere. That's why the WHO [World Health Organization] gave it a 6 [highest] on their "danger scale" because it's in so many countries. A 6 means you have to take the vaccine if your country forces you to do so. X( The problem is, the vaccine is worse than the flu. The swine flu/H1N1 won't kill you. The vaccine will. But is that what they want? X( And in America, the FDA approved the vaccine before it was even tested. This is a very dangerous first. X(
220chrisTian

Postby decarus » Sep 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Well, i don't think they can force you to take vaccine in the States. I know i won't be, but i don't think we should all worry about the filming because of the swine flu. I actually am not that worried about the swine flu and i don't think that we should be. Wash your hands properly and you should be fine.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Sep 27, 2009 9:07 am

H1N1 is a bad case of the flu and has been overhyped by the media. If someone catches it that's working on the production, then they'll be treated by a doctor, just like anyone else.
As this thread has turned into a rant against the vaccine and not having anything to do with the movie, I'm going to close this thread down.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin