This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Seven (!) new set videos

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Seven (!) new set videos

Postby JadistarkilleR » Sep 16, 2009 6:02 pm

i figured we should have a discussion thread on the spy videos posted on the front page today:

http://www.narniaweb.com/2009/09/7-new- ... mment-2112

looks like it was a very busy Wednesday, with them presumably waiting for Ben to return onset from his Toronto trip over the weekend. it seems that every scene on the DT deck involves Caspian in some capacity, given that activity on the ship nearly grinded to a standstill when Ben was away.

my thoughts on the vids:

vid#1= that looks to be Eustace vs Reep! :D he looks like he’s trying to whack something smaller than him and who else could it be? nice!

vid#2= Skandar on deck with a stick! watch out people! lol! ;) nice to see Gary Sweet interacting with some of the main cast for a change. i dont think they were shooting anything at this point, just rehearsing i think, because the director had them remove the stairs to prep for the actual shoot.

vid#3= now they shoot! what did Skandar say? this is an Edmund scene since the camera was only focused on him. seems like the Dawn Treader is under attack again or something, Drinian fell to the deck. Edmund looks either panicked or exhilarated. could this be related to the Dragon attack?

vid#4= it is truly remarkable how they are able shift something as delicate and as heavy as the Dawn Treader like its nothing, that is one remarkable piece of machinery under there :)

vid#5= Ben looks….ticked off? (any lip readers here?) he is either miffed about something– judging by the scowling/ eye-rolling/ defensive body language– or he’s telling a story in a really animated manner (he is an actor after all). makes me kinda wonder if its anything VDT related or if some other experience (like his insane Toronto schedule!) the only thing i can make out is about halfway through he says "Oh, thats not fair" to the ladies he’s talking to, which led me to wonder if there is trouble in Narnia paradise. :-s

vid#6= Will getting hosed down! :D judging by his "Earth" costume, this is for when Eustace is rescued from the waters.

vid#7= and it is indeed! boy is Eustace upset. and the crew just laughs at his face. ROTFL! =)) i hope that take is a keeper, Will was very good in that scene, hilarious and thoroughly convincing! i can only make out "What?! <mumble, mumble, mumble>…. right now!!!" is this the British Consulate scene? i hope they can include that line somewhere.

You have a chance to become the most noble contradiction in history
...the Telmarine who saved Narnia.
JadistarkilleR
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Seven (!) new set videos

Postby caboo29 » Sep 16, 2009 6:54 pm

In the video with Eustace shouting, it really sounds like he says something to the effect of ".... I want to wake up RIGHT NOW!" or "I better wake up RIGHT NOW!" Probably thinks he's having a nightmare or something...

I could be wrong though, any other thoughts?
They know everything on Narniaweb. - Ben Barnes

"If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis
caboo29
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lirenel » Sep 16, 2009 6:58 pm

In the third video, Edmund says something like "Eustace! That's brilliant!" I'm thinking it might be something like dragon Eustace trying to help with the Dawn Treader, maybe with the broken mast (like in the book). He maybe was a bit loud and spooked Drinian.
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

My overview of VODT: http://lady-lirenel.livejournal.com/151965.html
Lirenel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Theophilus » Sep 16, 2009 11:37 pm

I think he said "Eustace, that's it!" I think he's just made the reaization that the Dragon that keeps coming to the ship is Eustace. Which would be nice for him to notice as they have that talk together after his undragoning.
                            &
Theophilus
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Sep 17, 2009 10:40 am

Lirenel, that is a great idea about the mast. I think Edmund said "Eustace, that's brilliant" too. I don't think Caspian or Edmund looked panic or distressed in that scene and I don’t know what else would cause a “bang” that wasn’t serious.
Video 7: Eustace Shouting – I thought I heard the word “home” before the “right now.” I didn’t see any creatures in the scene. So I can still hope that the first creature Eustace sees is Reep. I think it will decrease the tension between Eustace and Reepicheep if Eustace doesn’t see Reepicheep first and repeatedly insult him. If he sees a minotaur first, he might not be as much of a pain about Reep. The tension between Reep and Eustace is essential to the story.
Video 1: I think that does have something to do with Reep. Eustace seems to be avoiding a blade or something coming at his stomach. I’m not sure I like the idea of Eustace swinging something at Reep. :-s In the book he didn’t want to fight and said as much to Reep when Reep was waving the sword at him. He was more interested in running away.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby TheGeneral » Sep 17, 2009 8:22 pm

That's so awesome, especially the ones with Eustace in action, I think he's gonna be great ;)
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby KingofKings'Daughter » Sep 17, 2009 9:49 pm

Awesomeness!!! :D We get to see more of Eustace...in the videos. lol Eustace is sooo in character as we see so far. So true to the book, that is. That's a good sign. Can't wait for more spoilers.
KingofKings'Daughter
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby TheWhiteWolf » Sep 21, 2009 4:02 am

Given that you can hear the ubiquitous Aussie birds chirping away in the background, I would say it's likely the dialogue you are straining to hear clearly will be looped later. Possibly even changed...

On a side note, I just returned from visiting my sister in Yeronga which is S.E. of Brisbane. 28 degrees C when I left, and forecast to get into the upper-30s next week. Man, do I feel for the actors with thick cossies on!
TheWhiteWolf
NarniaWeb Junkie