This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Will they change the DVD covers???

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Will they change the DVD covers???

Postby Josh » Sep 12, 2009 7:03 pm

Since the LWW and PC DVDs came out as products of Disney...but now that Fox owns the rights to Narnia, will they get control over the first two films and their products?
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Will they change the DVD covers???

Postby starkat » Sep 12, 2009 7:08 pm

Likely no. However, Walden owns the rights to the films. Not Disney or Fox. They are just co-financiers. They do have rights. It'll probably stay for however long the contracts are valid.
starkat

Postby Glumpuddle » Sep 12, 2009 9:18 pm

Disney still owns LWW and PC.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby IloveFauns » Sep 12, 2009 9:20 pm

Only VDt things(maybe sc ect) will have the fox logo.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby icarus » Sep 13, 2009 4:56 am

Thats really two questions there - "Will they change the DVD covers?" and "Will Fox gain control over the first two films".

The answer to the latter question is, as everyone has said, absolutely not. They are, and always will be, Dinsey co-produced movies. Thats not going to change.

However "will they change the DVD covers?" is another matter all together. Movie studios these days can't get enough of re-releasing new editions of their movie back-catalogues. Whether its for a new cover or for new features or a new video transfers or even a whole new cut of the movie - new versions of old dvds are inevitable (e.g. the James Bond DVDs are onto their 3rd or 4th re-release at the moment)

Disney tend to be slightly more protective of their DVD releases than other studios (though more so on the Disney Animated Classics range), so maybe they will hold of a bit longer before re-releasing the Narnia DVDs with new covers and such, though its almost a given that they eventually will.

As for whether or not Disney and Fox would perhaps make a deal later down the road to co-ordinate the look of their DVD packaging, and even to release a joint-box set, i don't know. Inter-studio co-operation isn't that uncommon, despite the cutthroat image often potrayed in the media, though i can't think of any equivalent dvd example to cite in this instance.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby StBrianofMinneapolis » Sep 13, 2009 7:41 am

I think this is the real issue. I would not be surprised if, Disney does cooperate somehow. Keep in mind though that Walden will probably choose to keep a similar look going with their movie released with Fox.
StBrianofMinneapolis
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lava » Sep 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Isn't Fox in control of the release particulars? I don't think that it will make too much of a if they do change the box very much. I was just looking at my two Narnia boxes and they are already pretty different looking.
I is Lava, how I got that name is a long story, but I is Lava

Lava
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Sep 14, 2009 12:42 pm

wow. this ought to get interesting! since diiseny DOES own LWW and PC, but everyone is amking the slow transition into Fox taking over with VotDT coming soon, I can't even guess how this is going to happen. but the closest I shall probably be able to come would be to say that my guess is that PC and LWW covers will stay the same.....
but i don't know!
just my two cents.....
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby JadistarkilleR » Sep 16, 2009 6:49 pm

i could imagine doing a box set containing all films will be a headache for the fans to collect. unless of course Walden Media had a special clause about DVD releases that Disney and Fox have agreed to when going into partnership with Walden. wasnt the Sigourney Weaver's Aliens saga in the same predicament? or was that Ah-nold's Terminator franchise? anyway it has happened before with a popular franchise and until now couldnt release a box set.

You have a chance to become the most noble contradiction in history
...the Telmarine who saved Narnia.
JadistarkilleR
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnialover4 » Sep 26, 2009 9:05 am

They'd better not change the covers!! X(
"Are you sure you're eighteen?"
"Why? Do I look older?"
narnialover4
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby EdmundPevensie18 » Oct 27, 2009 3:55 pm

LWW and PC don't like that much alike anyways do they? (of Course I do have the spacial editions of them..)
http://agalaxyfarfaraway.proboards83.com/
EdmundPevensie18
NarniaWeb Nut