This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

VDT Concept Art and Storyboards

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: VDT Concept Art and Storyboards

Postby Glumpuddle » Oct 11, 2013 7:13 pm

^ Geek-out!! Prince Cor statue!
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby Impending Doom » Oct 12, 2013 5:28 pm

It just amazes me how much detail goes into making these movies! It would have been sweet if the statue made it into PC.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Oct 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Yes, it would have been. Prince Cor/Shasta might have been a lovely relic of post-Pevensie, pre-Telmarine history. But I think it could still be used as a detail for later films if possible, particularly the court of King Caspian X at the beginning of Silver Chair.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Adeona » Oct 13, 2013 7:59 pm

John Dickenson's Reepicheep concepts are wonderful, but his art of the hallway of the Magician's House has to be my favorite.

The Cor statue is super neat, as well. Too bad they didn't use it. I have to wonder what other design concepts were considered and eventually discarded - for costumes, especially. I wish Isis Mussenden would release more of her team's work!
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby ChristProclamer » Oct 13, 2013 9:14 pm

I guess I'm the only one who saw the art by Chris Rosewarne of the same Prince Cor statue. It used to be up on his website.

Do any mods object to me posting it for people to see? (since of course I saved it). It's a very pretty peice.

And I second Adeona -- I wish I could see more of Isis Mussenden's work, especially the costume illustrations by Oksana Nedeveania!
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Impending Doom » Nov 20, 2013 1:14 pm

waggawerewolf27 wrote:Yes, it would have been. Prince Cor/Shasta might have been a lovely relic of post-Pevensie, pre-Telmarine history. But I think it could still be used as a detail for later films if possible, particularly the court of King Caspian X at the beginning of Silver Chair.

And since Caspian grew up hearing about the Golden Age and the Old Narnian heroes, it wouldn't be far fetched to think that Caspian would have a statue made in Cor's honour!
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous