This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Did you notice?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Did you notice?

Postby Adeona » Jan 17, 2011 11:44 pm

I think you're right, ChristProclaimer. :) Color photo aside, we're really overthinking this one!
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby stateofgreen » Jan 19, 2011 9:19 pm

I personally think the set decorators were having merciless fun putting as many references from the previous films into the scene of this one, even if they didn't make any sense.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby georgiefan1 » Jan 21, 2011 4:27 pm

I really enjoyed looking for all the little extra stuff! I finally noticed the lamp post next to Susan as she writes the letter! And I also finally noticed Lucy's dog in her room at Eustace's house!
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby CharlotteRose » Feb 06, 2011 12:22 pm

Lucy of Narnia wrote:BTW was Eustace supposed to be puking on the ship? Maybe Lu gives him the cordial between that and the "feeling better" part. I just couldn't figure out if he was coughing or... :ymsick:

I thought that he was just coughing the water up off his lung but I don't know? I really did want Lucy to use he cordial becasue otherwise what is the point in Caspian giving it her back. (I mean in the film not in an actual situation- what is the point in us seeing her get it back?)
It is safe to say that I missed a lot because I saw this twice and then came on here and everyone is talking about all these hidden things which I love finding :)
Can't wait for the DVD and especially the deleated scenes after all the speculation...!!!!
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby 8SilverSky » Apr 11, 2011 12:22 pm

The stain-glass window at the very beginning of the movie actually has the Dawn Treader on it! Next time you watch, pause the movie right as the Walden Media logo fades into the window and tilt your head sideways: you can clearly see the dragon-head prow, the tail, the lamppost (the one on top of the mast), as well as the purple sail!

I squealed a little :-o
8SilverSky
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narniapinoy » Apr 11, 2011 3:08 pm

FYI to MinotaurforAslan: The color of the picture featured in susan's writing scene is not colored, it is in Sepia Tone used starting the 1880's and the picture used in painting scene is b/w =))

And I agree with ChristProclamer with his reason about the photo of the kids feature in susan's writing scene

I think the problem with the two commentator saying it doesn't make sense is because they don't like the movie in fact hate it and have no more time thinking clearly and logical :ymapplause: ^^

-first post
narniapinoy
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby ChristProclamer » Apr 14, 2011 12:33 pm

I always thought the window had just a lamppost on it. Today I looked again, and now the window...just looks like a mess. The moon is in one corner, and the sun is on the other, the lamppost is in the middle, and the Dawn Treader is on the bottom. And...there's a lot of swirls and shapes.

I might have liked it better if they focused on one image instead of sworling them all together.

I'm not sure if this is the place for it, but did anyone notice the names and places on Caspian's map? There is a "Monster Water" located in the North sea off Ettinsmoor. A "Southern Jungle" is located just to the west of Tashbaan, and the Bight of Calormen (listed on canon maps) appears to have been renamed the Sea of Reeds, the Gulf of Thrate, and the Rat Cave (listed North to South along the Calormene coast).

Interesting.
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Pepper » Apr 14, 2011 12:57 pm

The cor-dee-al cure for seasickness must be one of the deleted scenes, I saw it recently somewhere. :)

SmileySmackdown wrote:Did anyone else notice that the wall hanger for the ship-painting was shaped like a cross?

Missed that, but I noticed that the way the mast is arranged, it looks in many of the distant exterior shots like there is a big cross on top of the ship.
"Each day we are becoming a creature of splendid glory or one of unthinkable horror."
- C.S. Lewis

"There was a man called Clive Staples Lewis, and he almost deserved it."
- E.C. Scrubb
Pepper
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 14, 2011 1:53 pm

did anyone noktice that when Edmund strikes the serpent, he's between the serpent's jaws? when he goes to strike the serpent, the serpent opens it's jaws and then Edmund strikes!
look at this picture:
http://www.homeofthenutty.com/movies/sc ... play_media
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Pepper » Apr 14, 2011 1:59 pm

Let me ask a question. In the theatrical release, was there an invisible Aslan on the beach at the end?

On the DVD/Blu-Ray, when you see the shadows walking across the beach there is Aslan's shadow with nothing casting it.

I'm wondering if this was intentional or just an unforseen effect that happened because they expanded to a full 16x9 for the video release. The theatrical release was the same width but not as tall, and Aslan's feet may have been intended to be off-screen.
"Each day we are becoming a creature of splendid glory or one of unthinkable horror."
- C.S. Lewis

"There was a man called Clive Staples Lewis, and he almost deserved it."
- E.C. Scrubb
Pepper
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stateofgreen » Apr 16, 2011 12:20 pm

ChristProclamer wrote:I always thought the window had just a lamppost on it. Today I looked again, and now the window...just looks like a mess. The moon is in one corner, and the sun is on the other, the lamppost is in the middle, and the Dawn Treader is on the bottom. And...there's a lot of swirls and shapes.

I might have liked it better if they focused on one image instead of sworling them all together.
Yeah the stained glass was a bit "busy" (too many things in it), but having many things in it seems appropriate for it being a stained glass window 'telling a story' in pictures. Probably should have had more than just one tiny window. :)

I noticed a few other things watching the DVD. I did notice this in the theatre but it just sticks out more on DVD. Eustace's 'teleportation' is not limited to just the end. Apparently after the boat scene where he thinks he's hit the British Consul with the oar he then magically appears walking in the procession behind Edmund and Lucy after the slave trader fight scene. It's strange that he could make it that fast back to them after trying to get away and he's ending up where he was when he tried to get away. 8-}

Also had the subtitles on and the closed captioner must have been having fun because in the morning scene before they wake up and see the Blue Star they caption "Eustace snores" for Dragon Eustace just as they did when he was human. :p

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby coracle » Apr 16, 2011 3:27 pm

"Apparently after the boat scene where he thinks he's hit the British Consul with the oar he then magically appears walking in the procession behind Edmund and Lucy after the slave trader fight scene. It's strange that he could make it that fast back to them after trying to get away and he's ending up where he was when he tried to get away. :

No, that's some time later. Plenty of things have happened in between, for instance all the people in the town have gathered, Lord Bern has gone to fetch the sword, etc.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby stateofgreen » Apr 16, 2011 3:34 pm

Well if it is later, then there should have been a scene of explanation in between those two events to show that. The way it was cut/edited/arranged gives me the wrong impression. Also I tend to take things very literally/face value. I disliked having to fill in the blanks myself with this movie. :(

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Fire Fairy » Apr 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Pepper wrote:Let me ask a question. In the theatrical release, was there an invisible Aslan on the beach at the end?

On the DVD/Blu-Ray, when you see the shadows walking across the beach there is Aslan's shadow with nothing casting it.

I noticed that. I was like, wait, what? But I think it was an unintended consequence of changing the format from the theatrical release to the DVD.
Member of the Dragon Lovers Club. PM FrecklefaceJill to join.

Avy & Sig by Ithilwen--thank you!
Fire Fairy
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby CharlotteRose » Apr 17, 2011 9:02 am

stateofgreen, I noticed that bit where he appears with them as well, and although there is an explantation, I don't thisnk that it is made clear that something happened between the two events which links them together. And also, once he hit the guy, why did he not contiue trying to get away. He seems scared that he knocked out that guy but Eustace relly only thinks about himself so why would he not carry on running away? and how would he know that the fight has finished so that he can go back up and rejoin the others...grrr its frustrating #:-s . At least we read the books so we realise that there would be a lot going on before the ship leaves the island
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Pepper » Apr 18, 2011 10:38 am

Fire Fairy wrote:
Pepper wrote:Let me ask a question. In the theatrical release, was there an invisible Aslan on the beach at the end?

I noticed that. I was like, wait, what? But I think it was an unintended consequence of changing the format from the theatrical release to the DVD.

I think you're right about that. But even by accident, it could have a deeper meaning. Aslan was with them all the time, and here He is just before becoming visible.

Doesn't make up for them leaving out the scene with the Lamb at breakfast though. :(
Pepper
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext