This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Did you notice?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Did you notice?

Postby Fire Fairy » Apr 18, 2011 8:10 pm

^Good point, Pepper. We Narnia nuts can read as much as we want into what may have been a mistake. :D :p

You're right, though. I was severely disappointed that they left out the scene with the lamb. There was so much biblical symbolism to it...then again, perhaps that's why they took it out.... :ymtongue:
Member of the Dragon Lovers Club. PM FrecklefaceJill to join.

Avy & Sig by Ithilwen--thank you!
Fire Fairy
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Trufflehunter » Apr 25, 2011 11:59 am

The stain-glassed window at the beginning is most definitely the Dawn Treader. Remember, the lampost is actually the top of the mast on the Dawn Treader, and it is the same way on the window. (Pause the movie at the scene where Eustace the dragon pulls the ship and Ramandu's Island comes into view. Caspian also explains this in "Caspian's Tour of the Dawn Treader" or whatever it is called, on the Blu-Ray.
"I'm a beast I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on. I say great good will come of it... And we beasts remember, even if Dwarfs forget, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King." -Trufflehunter
Trufflehunter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 25, 2011 2:56 pm

^^ your right!!!!! I finally was able to see the ship in the stained glass! so cool! :)

I think it's funny that on Coriakin's island, Lucy conveiniently sleeps wearing her belt with her dagger on it.....she's prepared when the Duffers kidnap her :P
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Apr 25, 2011 6:00 pm

I'll have to look for the ship in the stained glass. :D

Did you notice that in the BBC television production that Edmund or Caspian uses a large seashell to test the water at Deathwater Island, and that the Walden film production uses a similar large seashell to test the water at Goldwater island?
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 28, 2011 1:42 pm

I finally was able to see aslan's face in the stars!!!!! :D I love it! :D

I think that Aslan's shadow is meant to be by itself before he actually appears. I mean, first, there's no one. then he comes out of nowhere. so the transition is the shadow!
it honestly doesn't bother me :P
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby PeaceAndLove » May 12, 2011 4:40 pm

Liberty Hoffman wrote:I finally was able to see aslan's face in the stars!!!!! :D I love it! :D

I think I don't find it yet.
I found a mouth like shape in the stars.
Is it...?

Liberty Hoffman wrote:I think that Aslan's shadow is meant to be by itself before he actually appears. I mean, first, there's no one. then he comes out of nowhere. so the transition is the shadow!
it honestly doesn't bother me :P

Either for me.
PeaceAndLove
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby juzuma loves lucy » Aug 28, 2011 2:07 am

I've noticed most of stuff. But did you notice that in PC, when Lucy flees before a bear and behind her Trumpkin and the boys take the bow, they do it twice? 8-}
Lucy:Do you remember who really defeated the White Witch?
Peter: Yes.
Susan:No.
Lucy:Do you both believe in Narnia?
Narnians, Caspian and Edmund:We believe.
Susan and Peter:Shut up.
juzuma loves lucy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Anfinwen » Sep 13, 2011 9:22 am

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this or not, but I thought it was really weird that Edmund's sword glowed when he killed the sea serpent. The movie made a big deal about Caspian giving Peter's sword to Edmund; so it's for sure that's the sword he was using. Since Rhindon wasn't one of the seven swords, it really shouldn't have glowed.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby outlier » Sep 13, 2011 9:50 am

i just noticed that in PC the Pevensies enter Narnia down on the beach but a little while later, they've ever so quickly made it to the top of the cliff where Cair Paravel once stood... Was there a secret staircase we didn't see :ymsmug:
Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby PeterCharn » Sep 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Adeona wrote:When Lucy first sees Susan's horn in the Dawn Treader, behind her shoulder (or is it behind Caspian? Bear with me, I've only seen it once!) there's a painting on the wall of a young woman with dark hair. We don't get a close look, but from what I saw I didn't feel it was Susan. Who do you all think it was?

Also, hanging on the wall in Eustace's room is an award for Personal Hygiene. (Perfect! =)) ) I didn't catch what group/school awarded it to him, though. :-\ Which might be nice to know! Experiment House, anyone? :)

That is awesome! I can't believe I missed that! :) I just rewatched Voyage of the Dawn Treader with a friend who hadn't seen it before and I noticed a bunch of little stuff but not that! Good EYE! :)
Last edited by daughter of the King on Sep 14, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of objectionable phrase
PeterCharn
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lilygloves » Sep 17, 2011 12:19 pm

I know there was the Personal Hygiene award, but I don't remember seeing it. Was it when they first introduced Eustace as he writes in his journal?
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » Sep 17, 2011 1:02 pm

There are carvings of the Pensevie's gifts in their thrones in LWW :)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Sep 17, 2011 1:13 pm

http://www.homeofthenutty.com/movies/sc ... play_media

Here is the Personal Hygiene Award Eustace got. You can see it just as Eustace's character is introduced, as well as his, uh, interesting bug collection.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lilygloves » Sep 17, 2011 7:52 pm

thanks, I love that it's there.
Just a little thing I noticed (it's not that special at all, but while we're on the subject of noticing things), when Susan/"Phyllis" was reading a magazine in the beginning of PC, I believe it was a picture of Amelia Earhart.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wizardjna » Sep 18, 2011 12:26 pm

at the end of the movie, Eustace's mother said that Jill was visiting him, but I think Lewis did not mention that Jill and Eustace were friends before meet together Narnia, did he?
Make your choice, adventurous Stranger; Strike the bell and bide the danger, Or
wonder, till it drives you mad, What would have followed if you had.
wizardjna
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Narnian_Archer » Sep 30, 2011 1:48 am

The Lady Arwen Undómiel, Yeah, that was weird. The whole swords-turning-blue thing was weird. The whole green mist thing was weird, for that matter!!

wizardjna, You are correct, Jill is not mentioned until The Silver Chair. Eustace and Jill don't meet in Narnia, though, they meet at Experiment House, the school they both go to. It is obvious from the first chapter that the two already know each other, although they have not communicated much (Eustace talks to Jill about the change he underwent that summer, comparing his behavior now to the kind he had last year in school, and Jill agrees that he was a brat before.) Having that knowledge, the director, I suppose, decided to add that little line in preparation for the upcoming Silver Chair, so that people would kind of recognize who Jill was. (if it were coming up) VDT's poor box office performance in comparison to its predecessors LWW and even PC, and also the complication with the rights issues (see the Narniaweb news page) have led to the situation we are in now, where we are not sure if Silver Chair of Magician's Nephew will be next, or if any movie will be made, so that line may prove unnecessary with time.
Personally I think that line was extra, but it's there, so nothing can be done about it. :|
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext