This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Did you notice?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Did you notice?

Postby Mrulockia » Dec 10, 2010 5:31 pm

During the beginning scenes, at the Scrubb home, a picture of Susan and Peter sits in Lucy's room. It's a behind the scenes photo from Prince Caspian! I believe it's in the PC movie companion.
This one: http://anna-p.net/photos/displayimage.p ... fullsize=1

Did anybody else notice any little things like this?
NarniaPolly913 is my Narniaweb sibling!!!! hurrah!
Mrulockia
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Did you notice?

Postby joy93 » Dec 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Yes I did!!!!!! ;) I was like "Cool a pic from PC!!! :p " If you dont really pay attention though you could miss it.
joy93
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Aslans_Jewel » Dec 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Did you notice at the beginning when they all jump in to save the Pevensies and Scrubb, they forget the feet on the uppermost (last to jump) sailor? Also, on the first shot of the Stern, the tail doesnt curve like it does in the book and the rest of the movie, it only dips a little bit.
Aslans_Jewel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby puddleglum32 » Dec 10, 2010 7:40 pm

yeah i did :)

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby true_narnia_forever » Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Was anyone else bothered by the fact that Dragon Eustace had the sword piercing his left side, but when he was undragoned, the first place he felt was his right side - as if that was where the sword had been?
Aslan's Country, the Narnia forum I co-administrate!
My Blog!
true_narnia_forever
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Adeona » Dec 11, 2010 12:32 am

When Lucy first sees Susan's horn in the Dawn Treader, behind her shoulder (or is it behind Caspian? Bear with me, I've only seen it once!) there's a painting on the wall of a young woman with dark hair. We don't get a close look, but from what I saw I didn't feel it was Susan. Who do you all think it was?

Also, hanging on the wall in Eustace's room is an award for Personal Hygiene. (Perfect! =)) ) I didn't catch what group/school awarded it to him, though. :-\ Which might be nice to know! Experiment House, anyone? :)

AND, when the crew is about to disembark at Narrowhaven, we get to see them unloading the ships' boats from under one of the cabins - we'd been puzzling over where those get stored for ages! Good to know there wasn't an oversight on the film makers' part. :)
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby coracle » Dec 11, 2010 2:35 am

It must be Experiment House, as that is his school?? It's a lovely little addition to his character depicting!
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Rilian The Disenchanted » Dec 11, 2010 2:44 am

true_narnia_forever wrote:Was anyone else bothered by the fact that Dragon Eustace had the sword piercing his left side, but when he was undragoned, the first place he felt was his right side - as if that was where the sword had been?

I was more bothered by the fact he was on the beach, after he is undragoned he is suddenly on Ramandu's Island. And after the battle with the sea serpent he's in the water next to the Dawn Treader! But overall i really adored this movie.
Rilian The Disenchanted
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Adeona » Dec 11, 2010 3:07 am

I know, me too, Rilian! Unexplained and very weird.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby WickedDreamer » Dec 11, 2010 6:28 am

Also I noticed as I watched the film today for the second time, that very early on in the film when Susan is writing to Lucy and Edmund in America, on the desk there is a statue/Figure of a lamp post, which reminded me of the lamp post from LWW :)

By lover of narnia
WickedDreamer
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby dryad_daughter7 » Dec 11, 2010 8:09 am

I just watched the movie and did you know that when they are getting their sword, cordial, ect in the corner of the room their are pics of all the pevensies! My mom pointed it out to me.
(*) (*) (*) (*) (*) @};-
~Dryad Daughter

sig by Caspian XI

Avatar by:therinca Sig by:Caspian XI
"And I will fear no evil for my GOD is with me."
dryad_daughter7
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stars_daughter17 » Dec 11, 2010 8:12 am

Adeona, I too noticed the painting behind Caspian's shoulder in the cabin. I'm pretty sure it was Susan, because on the wall beside Lucy, there was a painting of a man who looked like Peter. A nice touch, I think :)
Mrulockia I also noticed the picture of Susan and Peter from Prince Caspian and loved it! That was so cool that they thoght to put it in there. There was also another picture of them in their train station clothes I think... but I don't remember what scene that was in.
I saw the movie last night, (and loved it!!) but I plan on seeing it again, so I'll have to pay more attention next time to see if I notice anything else. :)
Narnia Fan For Life
:D I'VE SEEN THE MOVIE!!! :D
stars_daughter17
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Katana » Dec 11, 2010 9:35 am

I did notice that actually, and loved it :ymhug:
Im not inactive just very very busy
-Katana, Member of the Midnight Society, Weapons afficionado of the castle of Ivory&Gold, esteemed owner of a flying pickle
Katana
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Sitting on a sunny windowsill in the back hallway reading a book

Postby HighQueenofNarnia » Dec 11, 2010 10:06 am

I noticed some of the things mentioned and didn't notice others. But I'll look for them next time I see it!

*am now trying to think of minuscule details that might not have been noticed*

Oh, yes, here's one I'm sure most people noticed. (Although I may have gotten the order of events wrong, so by all means point it out if I did.) Did anyone else notice that when Eustace talks to the seagull, they're out at sea, before they even reach the Lone Islands?
Pray for Skandar member! PM Benjamin to join!
I saw the film on Opening Day!
When all else fails, read the Instructions!
HighQueenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Dec 11, 2010 11:38 am

yeah, I thought that was a cute touch!
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ~DaughterOfEve~ » Dec 11, 2010 2:01 pm

I noticed it first off. I was like nudging my friend going "hey, hey, hey look! PC production pictures!" :D
~DaughterOfEve~
NarniaWeb Guru

Next