This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Did you notice?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Did you notice?

Postby Pepper » Dec 06, 2011 11:21 pm

For some reason the "Aslan's shadow" thread is locked, so I'll mention it here. It appears the scene was "corrected" for the 3D Blu-Ray, so the invisible Aslan must have been deemed a mistake.

Having seen it the other way on the DVD and 2D Blu-Ray, it just seems... less powerful.
"Each day we are becoming a creature of splendid glory or one of unthinkable horror."
- C.S. Lewis

"There was a man called Clive Staples Lewis, and he almost deserved it."
- E.C. Scrubb
Pepper
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Dylan » Dec 07, 2011 8:45 am

One of the things that really stuck out to me was the scene when Eustace is undragoned, he graps the wrong arm to see if the sword was still there =)) , like really, they couldnt take the time to redo that scene? Stupid....
Dylan
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Adeona » Sep 24, 2012 3:28 pm

While looking through the VoDT caps on homeofthenutty, I noticed two things I haven't seen mentioned anywhere.

First, in Lucy's room with the painting at the Scrubbs' house, over the head of her bed hangs a circular piece of art depicting two merpeople. A bit of foreshadowing on the part of the set decorators! It's best seen in this screencap. (I cropped it but it's still pretty hi-res)

More interestingly, I noticed some evidence in the mystery of Reepicheep's abscence on the Magician's Island. In this cropped screencap, immediately after the dufflepuds kidnap Lucy, you can see in the center of the image a tiny bed with what appears to be a tail curling out from the end of it. However, there is no head on the pillow. Furthermore, in this cap, while Ed and Caspian grab their armor, it appears that the blankets of Reep's bed in the foreground have been thrown back. It's not much, but now we can at least dismiss the theory of Reepicheep having slept on board the Dawn Treader.

Upon further consideration of screencaps from that scene, I noticed something else. Among various other goofs, in the shot that opens the scene, panning in toward Caspian asleep on the sand, if you look at the left of that first screencap you can see that Lucy is not in her bedroll, and fascinatingly, Reepicheep's is clearly empty as well! Apparently this shot was orignally after the kidnapping and when they needed to use it earlier they digitally filled in the dufflepud tracks and hoped no one would notice anything else.

TL;DR? :p Reepicheep apparently hopped out of bed shortly after Lucy was kidnapped, certainly before anyone else woke up. So where did he go during the rest of the adventures/exposition on Magician's Island? Why was he never animated in and/or his scenes were deleted? Probably we'll never know.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby starkat » Nov 03, 2012 7:01 pm

In LWW the Extended Edition, Lucy's crown moves about an inch forward on her head during the coronation scene.
starkat

Postby Adeona » Feb 26, 2013 1:15 pm

I just noticed something I've never seen mentioned on NWeb before - a little tidbit of the sort we all love. :D
In PC, when Peter and Edmund are pushing the sliding stone wall over to expose the door to the treasure chamber, to the right of Ed's shoulder you can see large words engraved in the stone slab. I can't make out what it says - it may not be in English. I'm thinking it's probably meant to be Telmarine graffiti from after the destruction of Cair Paravel?

I'll try to upload a screencap of it to this post when I'm on my usual computer.
Edit: Here is the screencap:
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Previous