This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

VDT - Changes and Fears

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: VDT - Changes and Fears

Postby Hefziba » Sep 09, 2009 2:37 pm

I agree about the scene with the Lamb. IMO, the entire final of the book must be in the movie. They simply cut some parts of PC final, but VDT final is a really important one. They can't change it :(
Hefziba
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lady of the Narnians » Sep 09, 2009 7:32 pm

I am concerned that they will remove important events which take place in the book. I am also worried about any made-up romances that don't occur in the book. Romance has it's place in certain movies, but if it is present in this movie it should be tastefully done or just not put in at all. [-(
A Lady of Narnia Always a Lady of Narnia
Lady of the Narnians
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby TheGeneral » Sep 09, 2009 7:44 pm

Lady of the Narnians wrote:I am also worried about any made-up romances that don't occur in the book.

Yeah I'm with ya on that. But they have the thing between Caspian and Ramandu's daughter, so they shouldn't feel the need to inlcude anything more.

My biggest fear is that they donate a huge chunk of the movie to a battle scene that didn't occur in the book. As much as I love battle scenes, VDT didn't really have anything like that. It's such a different book, little climaxes on each of the islands and then the end of the world, no big huge climax with clashing swords. I hope they don't stray too far from that.
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Hefziba » Sep 20, 2009 2:25 pm

TheGeneral wrote:It's such a different book, little climaxes on each of the islands and then the end of the world, no big huge climax with clashing swords. I hope they don't stray too far from that.

After all, they already have that climax scene with the Sea Serpent. I totally agree with you.
Hefziba
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous