This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

VDT - Progress so far...

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

What sense do you have of the progress being made filming VDT?

Looks Great!
29%
Fairly smooth sailing
32%
Cautiously optimistic
39%
Hard to tell
No votes
Not too well
No votes
Too early on for an opinion
No votes
Other - Please state
No votes

Total votes : 31

VDT - Progress so far...

Postby GlimGlum » Sep 03, 2009 9:35 pm

We don't know a lot of details about how filming on VDT is going, but we have seen plenty of photos of The Dawn Treader herself. All major cast members have been announced. The Lone Island wharf set we have seen and filming has been completed there. We know filming has been done at the water tank and on at least one beach. Also some interior scenes and studio sets(Coriakin's garden).

Still a ways to go though. So I was wondering if you are getting a sense from what we know as to how things are progressing. I am getting some good vibes and think that VDT is going pretty well so far. :ymapplause:

So what response do you fair NarniaWebbers have?

Thanks in advance for your comments and votes. :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Re: VDT - Progress so far...

Postby mm1991 » Sep 04, 2009 2:25 am

I voted "Cautiously optimistic".
I think that says it all!
:p
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby 2nd to One » Sep 04, 2009 5:06 am

I voted for 'smooth sailing,' I'm happy with what I've seen so far...but my excitement won't raise to the suitable levels until I see some stills or a poster or a trailer. ;)
Happy New Year!
Av & sig by me.
NWsibs: whitefox, N_B_H
RL sibs: H_L and SW_F
2nd to One
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnia_Maniac » Sep 04, 2009 5:30 am

I feel like 2nd to One. The only troubling things are the 'battle' and 'unfathomable fate' rumors. other than that, I'm ecstatic.
Even if you don't believe in God...
He still believes in you.
I Support Scrubb!
Narnia_Maniac
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby arabesque » Sep 04, 2009 6:57 am

It seems to be going well. The ship building progressed very well and we haven't heard of any major catastrophes... :) I think It's smooth sailing! Hopefully it stays that way too!
Avatar and siggy by lover of narnia!
arabesque
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Gymfan15 » Sep 04, 2009 7:36 am

I voted for "Looks Great". Everything with filming has been going pretty well, as far as I can gather. Looks like they had a little weather problems last week, but they had "rainy day sets" planned out so it didn't sound like it disrupted the schedule too much. Other than that, I don't any more information to comment further, lol. I'd just have to say that from my perspective, there's no problems and everything is going great. :)
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby ForeverFan » Sep 04, 2009 11:33 am

I voted 'fairly smooth sailing'. I'll admit, I'm a little bit unsure of the 'big pitched battle' that was briefly mentioned in one of the latest interviews with Ben, but from everything else I've seen, I'm still quite optimistic. :)
[center]Dear days of old, with the faces in the firelight,
Kind folks of old, you come again no more.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)
ForeverFan
NarniaWeb Zealot
Keeper of Thursdays (BC), Retired

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Sep 04, 2009 12:32 pm

I voted "Cautiously optimistic." I want to highlight the cautiously. I think the ship looks great and the costumes too. But I am worried about the unfathomable fate, what Ben said about battles, and what changes they will make.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Gertrude » Sep 04, 2009 1:17 pm

mm1991 wrote:I voted "Cautiously optimistic".
I think that says it all!
:p

Agreed!
All hail Gertrude, the Narnian Centaur!
Gertrude
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby NarniaWally » Sep 04, 2009 4:28 pm

I guess I have to say I am optimistic...until we have any concrete and factual leads that everyone has heard or seen...let's pray for the best...like..." Oh Lord...help them stick to the book as much as possible without venturing too far from the story C.S.Lewis was trying to bring".
Come on...hang in there...oh yeah ! :D
Remember/// He longs to be with us more than we long to be with Him !!!..Wally
NarniaWally
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Hefziba » Sep 04, 2009 4:38 pm

I'm cautiously optimistic. I really want a great movie, but I'm a little concerned about the changes.

And there's a new video about the first day of filming in Cleveland. Those photos which appear in the video make me happier about the movie!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnNqOyI29lI
Hefziba
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Farsight1 » Sep 04, 2009 6:50 pm

I think it looks great, but it's a little too early to judge. So far, I've really enjoyed what I've seen.
Farsight1
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narnian1 » Sep 05, 2009 7:39 am

I'm cautiously optimistic, and as it is I am obviously with the majority on here. I love what I am seeing, but slightly worried about a few things I am hearing. I'll keep a good face though as I am not totally opposed to changes and additions, but I would like as faithful an adaptation as is possible. This happens to be my favorite book so I will be upset if the finish project isn't entirely to my liking.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby GlimGlum » Sep 06, 2009 1:10 pm

After some additional contemplation, I opted for Fairly smooth sailing. Production wise things look great, but just a little concerned about the story or characters venturing too far in the wrong direction.

But as there is nothing really concrete that would indicate a really big and bad change so far, I think VDT is really going to turn out really well. :)

Thanks again for commenting and voting. :ymapplause:
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby JadistarkilleR » Sep 06, 2009 3:26 pm

well i'm somewhere between "too early to tell" and "cautiously optimistic". so far the most impressive things we've seen are the sets, and in the Narnia franchise, the technical stuff --sets, locations, costumes-- have always been excellent. the snag always comes with plot and details, something we dont know a whole lot of in VDT.

question for you folks who have a better sense of what's going on: i'm a little confused as to where the progress of production is right now. i know they've shot some parts of The Lone Islands, and something about Caspian and crew rowing towards i-dont-know-where, and now.... they're finally shooting on the Dawn Treader? is that where main production is at right now?

one last thing, is it just me or is King Caspian a little too pale now? whatever happened to his nice bronze Telmarine tan?

You have a chance to become the most noble contradiction in history
...the Telmarine who saved Narnia.
JadistarkilleR
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Peepiceeka » Sep 08, 2009 5:58 pm

;) It's been smooth sailing so far as I have seen. We've gotten pictures of actual, identifiable scenes being filmed, seen news reports on it, all of the main cast is accounted for, and they have a filming schedule that looks like it's being followed. So far... that looks good for now and even if something does happen, I don't know what could, they'll probably just do whatever needs to be done to fix it and move on. #:-s
Peepiceeka
NarniaWeb Nut

Next