This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

General Movie Questions

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: General Movie Questions

Postby Fair Faun » Jan 07, 2010 3:53 pm

That could very well be it Liberty Hoffman. I must confess that I've only watched the film once (all the way through from start to finish) and that I'm now in the habit of putting the DVD in my player and skipping through it to watch my favourite scenes. I'll watch that scene again though. It will probably look different the second time around as I always find I notice details that I didn't notice before.
Make your choice adventurous stranger.
Strike the bell and bide the danger.
Or wonder 'till it drives you mad
what would have happened if you had.
Fair Faun
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narnialover101 » Jan 07, 2010 4:34 pm

Hm...I always assumed that originally in that scene Glozelle lied to Miraz saying that no one had died. When Miraz replies with "How do you explain your injuries?" Glozelle realizes that he has been caught lying, so he must admit that three of his men died.

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)
Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)
narnialover101
Moderator Emeritus
Narniaweb's Resident Peter Pan Gone Gangsta'

Postby decarus » Jan 07, 2010 8:10 pm

Miraz says how many men did you lose and then his eyes flick towards the three men standing behind Glozelle. Glozelle then looks back at them and back at Miraz and says three taking his sword back from Miraz. He then turns as Miraz rides away towards the three men raising his sword.

Miraz told him to kill the three men for not guarding the supplies. He was threatening him saying either them or you. That is what happened in that scene.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 08, 2010 1:05 pm

my mom was thinking that Miraz saying, "How do you explain your inguries" was him basically telling Glozelle to kill his men.....
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby narnia365 » Jan 09, 2010 4:57 pm

Hey, I do have a question about LWW: In the waterfall scene, where the Pevensies have to cross the river: the wolves come, they get stuck out in the middle, the waterfall breaks, and they all get washed away. Everyone knows that. Here's the question: when the Pevensies get out of the river, the current is flowing to the right. That means they never crossed the river. Right or wrong?
Logic behind this: (if facing the waterfall straight on, current coming toward you) the Pevensies come in from the left. That means facing on the left of the waterfall (where the Pevensies came in at), the current of the river would be going right. And when the Pevensies get out of the water, the current is still going right. That means, they never crossed.
Am I wrong, or did I just see it wrong? Sorry, I know it's sounds complicated. I can't explain things well...
Thanks!
"We have to travel to another dimension to rescue his father."
"That is so Narnia! Can I come?"
-Beyond the Reflections Edge, by Bryan Davis
narnia365
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby decarus » Jan 09, 2010 5:35 pm

I think the river is flowing to the left. They sort of show the beavers pushing them over to the side and it seems to be across the river and not back to the bank they were on.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Jan 09, 2010 8:05 pm

I think they come out on the correct side. They cross to the right hand side if your facing the waterfall, and after they get on shore they are on the righthand side. This is still facing the waterfall, since that is the way it flows, and its also supported from the fact that Lucy walks toward them, (and presumably toward the waterfall)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Benjamin » Jan 16, 2010 11:37 am

There was not mistake there that i see :)
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 16, 2010 4:45 pm

I just watched it and I see no mistake..... :)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby decarus » Jan 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Yes. They are making the third book into a film as we speak. It is called The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Adeona » Feb 03, 2010 9:11 pm

Can anyone explain to me what "Pick-ups" are? As in "They are currently filming pick-ups..." I've never followed a movie before VDT and while I have seen/heard the word before in interviews, etc, I don't exactly know what it means. I assume that it is some kind of short, individual shot for the movie?
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby icarus » Feb 04, 2010 1:36 am

Adeona wrote: I don't exactly know what it means. I assume that it is some kind of short, individual shot for the movie?

And you'd be right :)

Here is what the wikipedia entry has to say:

A pick-up is a term used in filmmaking to refer to small, relatively minor shots filmed or recorded after the fact to augment footage already shot. When entire scenes are redone, it is referred to as a re-shoot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pick-up_(filmmaking)
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Adeona » Feb 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks, Icarus, for helping me out. :)

So do they just shoot green-screen and add the background digitally after or do they actually have small-scale sets for shooting these pick-ups in? What I mean is, if they have to film a pick-up for a scene in, say, Coriakin's house, would they actually have a set for that there? That could be kind of... well, a lot of additional work, at least!
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Deadman » Feb 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Adeona asks:
So do they just shoot green-screen and add the background digitally after or do they actually have small-scale sets for shooting these pick-ups in?

It depends. Sometimes, after seeing footage of a completed scene, the production team might decide that a few close-up shots are required, sometimes a director might decide that additional dialogue must be added, filmed and inserted. Sometimes previous sets are available as a backdrop, sometimes they need to be remade; sometimes a generic sky will suffice as a background, and sometimes digital trickery must be employed.
If you look at some of “The Lord of the Rings” documentaries available on the DVDs you’ll see good accounts of how Peter Jackson used old sets, new sets or green screens to do pick-ups, particularly for the extended versions.

Sometimes, of course, pick-ups don’t fit as neatly as they might. In in the extended version of “The Return of the King”, for instance, it is particularly noticeable that Eowyn’s hair is quite disordered as she fights but suddenly neat when she is with the dying Theoden, and Legolas has brown eyes in some added scenes because Orlando Bloom forgot to wear his blue contacts.
Deadman
NarniaWeb Regular

4 symbols on the thrones at Cair Paravel?

Postby lullaby2rocknroll » Feb 06, 2010 10:08 pm

In the movie The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, there are symbols on the four thrones at Cair Paravel. Susan's symbol is the magic horn, Peter's symbol is a sword (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong), and Lucy's symbol is the flask of fireflower juice. These are the gifts that Father Christmas gave them earlier in the movie. But since Edmund was not present on this occassion, he did not receive a gift. I can't figure out what his symbol is in the movie, although I have tried more than once to identify it... my guess would be a bow and arrow based on the shape of the carving on his throne, although that seems more befitting of Susan. I was just wondering if anyone knows... what is the symbol on Edmund's throne?

In case you were want to see the symbols yourself, this scene occurs at 02:06:05 on the DVD.
lullaby2rocknroll
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: 4 symbols on the thrones at Cair Paravel?

Postby Salem » Feb 07, 2010 12:09 am

lullaby2rocknroll wrote:In the movie The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, there are symbols on the four thrones at Cair Paravel. Susan's symbol is the magic horn, Peter's symbol is a sword (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong), and Lucy's symbol is the flask of fireflower juice. These are the gifts that Father Christmas gave them earlier in the movie. But since Edmund was not present on this occassion, he did not receive a gift. I can't figure out what his symbol is in the movie, although I have tried more than once to identify it... my guess would be a bow and arrow based on the shape of the carving on his throne, although that seems more befitting of Susan. I was just wondering if anyone knows... what is the symbol on Edmund's throne?

In case you were want to see the symbols yourself, this scene occurs at 02:06:05 on the DVD.

Is a sword breaking the White Witch' wand
http://costumes.narniaweb.com/pevensies ... ation5.jpg
http://costumes.narniaweb.com/pevensies ... ation3.jpg
- Sorry for my bad english =x -

Youtube
Orkut
Salem
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext