This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

General Movie Questions

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: General Movie Questions

Postby Liberty Hoffman » May 15, 2010 6:44 am

I found out about it in the LWW official movie companion book.....
:D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby HighQueenofNarnia » May 20, 2010 4:29 pm

I never really understood (and still don't exactly understand) the scene with Miraz, Sopespian, and Glozelle. It was random and didn't really serve any point except that Miraz was trying to prove that Narnia needed a King. And it seemed like Caspian had already made a raid and taken "enough weapons and armor for two regiments". And then, Miraz seems to have a double meaning with "How many men did you lose?". That's the point after which I don't understand the scene. It seems like the scene was just put in to have a Telmarine appearance before the film focused on the Pevensies and Prince Caspian.
Also, I'm not exactly clear on one detail. In PC, Edmund drops the torch during the castle raid. Is he just playing with it or is there an explanation for why he drops it?
Pray for Skandar member! PM Benjamin to join!
I saw the film on Opening Day!
When all else fails, read the Instructions!
HighQueenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » May 21, 2010 1:21 pm

^^ I think Edmund was just playing with it and he drops it, but it looks kind of funny when he does.....I think they were trying to make up a reason for Edmund not to have the torch on time to signal the troops so they did that but it's a bit lame :P)
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby coracle » May 21, 2010 3:11 pm

HighQueenofNarnia wrote:I never really understood (and still don't exactly understand) the scene with Miraz, Sopespian, and Glozelle. It was random and didn't really serve any point except that Miraz was trying to prove that Narnia needed a King. And it seemed like Caspian had already made a raid and taken "enough weapons and armor for two regiments". And then, Miraz seems to have a double meaning with "How many men did you lose?". That's the point after which I don't understand the scene.

I saw it as a further indication of Miraz's character - so ruthless and power-hungry that he would make his general kill some of his own men - to show him that he had that power over him. It also showed that he manipulated facts and misrepresented things to his advantage. He was a man to fear and obey.

On the other hand it also explained what Reep [and Caspian?] had just done, without having to show a scene where they go and steal the goods under the army's nose.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby SParcher44 » Jun 02, 2010 8:29 pm

what movies did the LWW and PC trailers and teaser trailers appear in front of?
LWW
As a film - *** out of ****
As an adaptation - **** out of ****

PC
As a film - **** out of ****
As an adaptation - *** out of ****

VDT
As a film - ** out of ****
As an adaptation - (1/2) of * out of ****
SParcher44
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Jun 03, 2010 11:55 am

LWW teaser trailer debuted in front of Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith

I don't believe the LWW trailer ever made it into theaters, though I'm not sure about that.

PC teaser trailer debuted in front of I Am Legend I believe, but Disney made news more with their unprecedented simultaneous worldwide online release.

The PC trailer never made it into theaters.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby SParcher44 » Jun 03, 2010 7:17 pm

thanks so much! it's very interesting seeing that both teasers made it into theatres and both full trailers most likely didn't.. hmmm
LWW
As a film - *** out of ****
As an adaptation - **** out of ****

PC
As a film - **** out of ****
As an adaptation - *** out of ****

VDT
As a film - ** out of ****
As an adaptation - (1/2) of * out of ****
SParcher44
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby decarus » Jun 03, 2010 8:35 pm

I think the trailer made it into theatres. That was how i found out they were making a movie. F_K is probably right though. That was a very long time ago, so i may be misremembering .
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby AslanIsOnTheMove » Jun 03, 2010 9:47 pm

Elesdee wrote:The part I never understood in PC was that after years of hating each other, the real Narnians come back at the end of the film and everyone is in the streets cheering their return. The Telmarines hated the Narnians because of the aforementioned lies spread about them - knowing human history (and the Telmarines are human), there would be real racism issues in Narnia after that event - hence the reason Aslan gave them a chance to go back to earth. However it looked like everyone was happy as they came back through the streets, it made the very last scene of the return to earth a little nonsensical.

Crowds can be extremely fickle. In the Bible the people who praised Jesus and said "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord" were saying to crusify Him not too long after they had been singing his praised. Go figure.

Also I am assuming there was no freedom of speech, especially not with Miraz, in Narnia. I am guessing under Miraz's rule you had better cheer for him and shout "long live the king" if you valued your life whether you liked him or not. Then Caspian was king. It's very possible the general thought among the crowd was something like My goodness Miraz was a tough guy and this is his nephew who just defeated him. He's probably meaner and tougher than Miraz AND he had all those creatures on his side. If we show that we're against him heaven only knows what he'll do. However, once given the freedom to choose to follow Caspian and live in peace with the Narnians or go back where they came form, they felt it was ok to reject his rule.
AslanIsOnTheMove
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Jul 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Probably no one can answer this yet, but why were Peter and Susan in Narnian clothes at the end of the trailer? That really threw me....a couple cameos are fine, but I really didn't understand the obvious suggestion that they were in Narnia :-\
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jul 07, 2010 1:14 pm

^^ we might not be able to find out until the movie comes out..... :P
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby coracle » Jul 15, 2010 2:48 am

I am pretty sure we will have to see the film to find out.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Fire Fairy » Jul 16, 2010 11:29 am

A_Narnian_Ship, I'm guessing that that particular footage was made specifically for the trailer, and nothing else. Having all four Pevensies, in Narnian clothes, walking directly toward the camera in extremely cinematic poses? To me, that fairly screams pure marketing. I simply can not see that being in the actual film. A lot of times, bits and pieces of voiceovers and/or footage are added to the trailer to grab attention. I think Peter and Susan were included like that simply because they are familiar to the general audience and let them know immediately that this is the next Narnia movie.
Member of the Dragon Lovers Club. PM FrecklefaceJill to join.

Avy & Sig by Ithilwen--thank you!
Fire Fairy
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Josh » Jul 16, 2010 2:43 pm

I thought it was just a cheap use of marketing when I first saw the trailer. I know Peter and Susan won't go back to Narnia, and this is just horribly misleading to those not too farmiliar with the series.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Jul 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Thanks y'all! I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
"I hate wait."-Inigo Montoya
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby SparkyTheHappyGiraffe » Jul 27, 2010 9:21 am

Iv'e been hearing alot about a leaked script. From what I've heard its sounds very Pirates of of the Caribbeanish and pretty creepy (a soul sucking cave?!). I know that it isn't being used anymore but what can you guys tell me about it?
SparkyTheHappyGiraffe
NarniaWeb Newbie

PreviousNext