This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

What did you like the most about PC?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Your Favorite things about PC

Spriritual message\Christian Basis
24%
Scenes\Locations\Sets
20%
Characters\Actors
14%
Costumes\Props
6%
Performance\Acting
4%
Adaption\Changed story
8%
EVERYTHING!!!
12%
Other
10%

Total votes : 49

Re: What did you like the most about PC?

Postby 220chrisTian » Oct 10, 2009 9:00 pm

I voted spiritual message/Christian basis and adaption [adaptation?]/changed story ... in that order. ;)

I thought the spiritual message of the movie, FAITH, was profound! It was there in every scene, and obvious to me when I watched the movie the first time! I also liked the changed story because PC book was never one of my favorites. But movie-wise, I prefer PC to LWW. :)
220chrisTian

Postby narnian_at_heart » Oct 12, 2009 10:34 am

I love how they allowed Susan to fight. :ymapplause: My two favorite scenes are: the one where she slides off the horse and shoots Telmarines while Lucy escapes and the one where she's shooting Telmarines in the battle and the camera zooms out to show her surrounded by dead Telmarines.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 13, 2009 6:33 pm

I love Peter's inner struggle to overcome his pride. William Mosely did such a fabulous job of conveying that. The most emotional part for the spiritual message for me was at the end of the castle raid with peter looking back at the Narnians he's leaving to die.
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Oct 14, 2009 11:51 am

This one was really hard for me cause I liked the movie as awhole and it was hard to pinpoint any one thing I liked. But I'm going to have to go with the Spiritual Message/Christian Basis because unlike in LWW, Aslan was clearly the "head honcho" so to speak... It was made quite clear in the movie that the battle against Miraz could not be won without Aslan. :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby 220chrisTian » Oct 14, 2009 2:27 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:unlike in LWW, Aslan was clearly the "head honcho" so to speak... It was made quite clear in the movie that the battle against Miraz could not be won without Aslan. :D
Exactly! This for me was the clincher. I thought the entire movie led up to this moment when everyone realized they needed Aslan's help and without it they weren't going to win. It was all about putting your faith in an invincible and faithful God vs. putting your faith in fallible and weak man, and the results of those choices. This is what I LOVED about PC! :)
220chrisTian

Postby HappyGiant » Oct 25, 2009 9:13 am

Yay, this thread is open again!!I picked costumes/props and the spiritual message.
Spiritual message- In PC it's clear they needed Aslan. Scenes/Locations/Sets:My favorite scenes were the Night Raid, the last Battle, the RiverGod, and Lucy's dream. Characters/Actors:Trumpkin was almost nothing like the book, but I like his character. Reepicheep was awesome, and Miraz was PERFECT. Peter- Everybody has their weaknesses, it's reality. Peter's weakness is his pride. He thinks he can help Narnia on his own if he works hard enough, and after the Night Raid he feels guilty and realizes he can't.Susan- she's really sweet, and I think she might be a little to sweet (in the book she's a bit crabby during some parts. As for her fighting, I like it.Edmund-He stands up more for what is right. If you've seen LWW, Edmund is a traitor and Peter has to forgive him for betraying his siblings. In PC, Edmund has to forgive Peter for his pride.Lucy- she stands up for what she believes and I love her faith in Aslan. Lucy never gives up believing he'll come and is the one who tells Peter they need Aslan.Caspian- He is a lot like the book Caspian. When Caspian is given the chance he doesn't kill Miraz, which shows compassion.Coustumes/props- My favorite costumes are probably Lucy's rust red dress, and Susan's red and gold dress.Acting- Great. Really great!Adaption- I guiltily admit that I liked PC the movie way better then the book. EVERYTHING!!- Mostly everything.;) :)
HappyGiant
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Watziznehm » Oct 25, 2009 10:41 am

I voted other because the thing I liked most was how they made Narnia feel like a real place, like something that could really be. Also, it definitely captured feel of a place that is no longer "Narnia" anymore and then becoming it once again.
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady of the Green Kirtle » Oct 29, 2009 12:31 am

One of my favorite scenes in the movie is where Dr. Cornelius helps Caspian escape through a secret passage hidden in the back of a wardrobe, sort of paying tribute to the first movie. I also love the part where Edmund stabs the White Witch and breaks the spell, true poetic justice.
That's why I'm going to stand by the play world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia. -Puddleglum
Lady of the Green Kirtle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Watziznehm » Oct 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Lady of the Green Kirtle wrote: I also love the part where Edmund stabs the White Witch and breaks the spell, true poetic justice.

I agree. I totally forgot about that scene. I think it is on of the best. I like the part when Reepicheep gets his tale back as well as the part when he "kills" his "creator" in the literal sense of the word.
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby H Tide » Oct 31, 2009 11:47 am

I love PC because of the themes and messages about faith and trust. Everyone else has already mentioned the examples, so I won't rehash that all. I'm all about the themes of movies, and Prince Caspian definitely had some strong messages. For me, that's more important than the acting, sets, or costumes (though they were well done too).
H Tide
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby lover of narnia » Nov 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Oh wow guys you all make me so happy!!!! I thought my thread wouldn't last...but it did!! Thank you everyone.....I LOVE hearing what you like!!! It's such a joy being aroiund poeple who talk about all the good in my all time Fav movie. I never liked all the critical things that people said about it....I love being positive!!

Thanks every one!!

HappyGiant, You made me smile!! :D

Thank you everyone!!! Don't worry I'm not closing the thread...post away! ;)

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Previous