This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

HEAR YE, HEAR YE!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

HEAR YE, HEAR YE!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » May 27, 2013 1:41 pm

*A shrill trumpet sounds; its unbroken timbre vibrating through all the halls and corridors of NarniaWeb*

Hear ye! Hear ye! Hearken to the sound of my voice, all NarniaWebbers, and heed my news!

The time has come for yet another tournament, pitting one noble NarniaWebber against another. Two noble orders who have feuded since Aslan breathed life into this world, have come forth, and have agreed to settle their ancient battle here, on our forum. The Parliamentary Owls of the Order of the Ruined Tower and The Noble Mice of the Order of the Stone Table are currently recruiting NarniaWebbers to join their ranks!

They have enlisted your NanriaWeb Marshals to head up the recruitment for this noble duel for the ages, and we have agreed to spearhead the festivities! As such, we pass on the following bits of information to all noble citizens interested in participating in this epic battle:

-This battle between the Owls of the Ruined Tower and Mice of the Stone Table will run throughout the entire month of July.
-The winning team will be chosen based on the amount of points that the team accrues.
-Points will be earned by posting in the Games and Blogs section of the forum, as well as special forums. Posts in the Games and Blogs section will earn a minimum of 5 points, and posts in other sections of the forum will earn a minimum of 10 points, with extra points for creativity being awarded throughout the tournament.
-The Marshals of the Lists will oversee the competition, and will be responsible for tallying the points. Their word is law. The marshals for this competition are the following moderators: Pattertwigs Pal, DiGoRyKiRkE, Ramagut, and ValiantArcher.

If you decide that you are brave enough to take place in this competition, please send a private message to Pattertwigs Pal, whom both the Orders of Owls and Mice have entrusted to recruit troops for them. Please include any dates you know you will not be able to participate during the month! Any of the other Marshals may be contacted with questions.

So, are you ready for a month long feud of epic proportions? Are you ready to show your knowledge of Narnia across this vast forum? Are you ready to enlist? Then keep your eyes peeled to this thread for more updates, and be sure to register prior to the start of the competition! Registration opens on June 1st!

Good luck to all of our noble participants!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Re: HEAR YE, HEAR YE!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » May 27, 2013 1:46 pm

I am honored to be entrusted with the sacred duty of assigning members to The Parliamentary Owls of the Order of the Ruined Tower and The Noble Mice of the Order of the Stone Table. I consider it my obligation to make the teams as even as possible. Please include any dates during the month of June that you know you will not be online. This will allow me to balance vacations between the teams. Please do not request a certain team. I would not be able to honor all the requests and would feel bad that I couldn't. Registration will close on June 23rd and I will post the lists on June 24th.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby ramagut » Jun 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Due to circumstances beyond our control, pattertwigs pal had to entrust the list of competitors to me. Without further ado, here it is--the promised list!

The Parliamentary Owls of the Order of the Ruined Tower
Narnian_Badger
Lady Courage
wolfloversk
AstroWolfD
Aslanisthebest
DancingPrincesses
stargazer
Andriel
Eustace
waggawerewolf27
Ryadian
TheGentleWarrior
Nellie of Narnia

The Noble Mice of the Order of the Stone Table
Ithilwen
Varnafinde
SummerSnow
shastastwin
Movie Aristotle
De_De
Louloudi the Centaur
Meltintalle
Aravanna
fantasia_kitty
Dinode
The Lady Susan
UltimateSchweetWarrior

Let the games soon begin!
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jun 24, 2013 6:47 pm

It has been a trying day. I just barely managed to pass the list ramagut before I was caught by the bandits of Real Life. I only escaped a short while ago. Thank ramagut for posting the list. :)
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby ValiantArcher » Jun 29, 2013 5:04 pm

The forum list and dates are below:

Month long forums:
G&B
The Hobbit Reading Group

July 1st-7th
CCD and Costumes
July 8th-14th
The Man Behind the Wardrobe
July 15th-21st
TAN
July 22nd-28th
GMD
July 27th-31st
TBA

Best of luck! :)
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jun 30, 2013 6:36 pm

The competition will begin as soon as it is July 1st Central (GMT -6) time. If you are not already in the Central time zone, you may want to change your forum time to Central time (make sure it says yes for DST).
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby ramagut » Jul 01, 2013 6:46 am

The marshals have decided that for the remainder of the competition, all games will be 2PP. That means 2 posts must be posted before you can post again.

The marshals retain the right to change this at anytime they deem it is necessary. Notification will be given if such a need arises.

EDIT: Don't forget that our games now continue on page 2!
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jul 04, 2013 11:16 am

Remember the forums of the week are Cast and Character Discussion and Costumes. Make sure you check them out. New topics have been opened.
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jul 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Friday's points for G&B maybe a little bit delayed. I'm in the process of moving and I'm not sure how much computer time I'll have over the next couple of days. I should get some of them done tomorrow.
Pattertwigs Pal

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jul 28, 2013 3:53 pm

Attention Competitors!

To make the competition more exciting these last few days we are making a few changes. First, the Reading Group will be worth double points (one post will be worth 20 points). Second, the marshals will be selecting 5 threads per day in the Spare Oom to give points in. We will not be telling you in advance which threads they are.

Good Luck!
Pattertwigs Pal