Three Questions

Enjoy games and blogs with other NarniaWebbers.

Moderator: ValiantArcher

Re: Three Questions

Postby narnia fan 7 » Apr 24, 2016 5:05 pm

3. WHEN did the first person orbit the earth?

April 12 1961 Yuri Gagarin became both the first human to travel into space, and the first to orbit the earth.

1. WHERE in Europe would you find Picardy and Flanders?
2. WHY do some people and organisations use the herb rosemary for remembrance, instead of poppies?
3. WHEN was the first dinosaur fossil discovered?
“I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia.”
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Oct 08, 2016 7:01 pm

1. WHERE in Europe would you find Picardy and Flanders? Flanders is a region in the Northern, Dutch-speaking region of Belgium, around the city of Brussels. But Flanders, "where the poppies grow", tends more to be associated with the southern part of Belgium which borders Picardy, whose main town is Amiens, is a province of Northern France. Both southern Belgium and Picardy were heavily involved with much of the fighting in World War I.

1. WHERE in the United States of America would I find a large city with links to a decidedly humble French medieval king born 800 or so years ago?
2. WHY do some people and organisations use the herb rosemary for remembrance, instead of poppies?
William the First was the first of our kings, not counting Ethelreds, Egberts and things.
And he had himself, crowned, anointed and blessed.
In 1066, I needn't tell you the rest...
- Eleanor Farjeon.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby ValiantArcher » Mar 18, 2017 3:38 pm

2. WHY do some people and organisations use the herb rosemary for remembrance, instead of poppies? Rosemary is associated with memory. This idea seems to come from folklore, but recent studies indicate that rosemary does promote memory.

1. WHERE in the United States of America would I find a large city with links to a decidedly humble French medieval king born 800 or so years ago?
2. WHY do people love stories? (You can just give a reason you love them, if you'd rather not try to sort through the theories. ;)))

Avy by ForeverFan
Sig by Alyosha
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby Sonny » Apr 04, 2017 2:25 pm

2. WHY do people love stories?

So they can live vicariously in the character's lives.

2. WHY do most plants need sunlight to live?
Sonny
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous