This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Holiday Special I: New Years 2010

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Holiday Special I: New Years 2010

Postby narnianerd » Jan 01, 2010 8:45 pm

"You are very welcome" replied the droid in droid speek the rolled up to the counter and projected a question "Is Kari Leeman going to come into work today?" he asked.
---
Matthew walked outside his home to begin a barbacue on the screen porch. As he put the burgers on Kale walked out "Have a little adventure on your way over here did you Kale?" he asked "Don't they ever end?" she asked as she sat down...
"Had to fight off a few drunks... Why people get drunk is beyond my mind to proccess... On holidays its even worse"
"Well I'm sure you were able to defeat them easily enough?" All thanks to your training master" Matthew laughed "Yes, of course... All thanks to me"
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby ericnovak » Jan 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Cameron jumped lightly from the branches of a tall tree in the ditto town forest and rolled across the leafed ground before sprinting across a small clearing and behind a massive oak. A new year with no mistakes? Wonderful. Quickly, quietly he moved from tree to tree until a small cabin came into view.

The smell from the house was amazing, a mix of spring apple blossoms and spiced autumn cinnamon- it was actually coming from the windowsill of the house- no from a pie on the windowsill! Cameron ducked under a fallen tree and slid up to the corner of the house. An apple pie was nothing to scoff at and who knew what had placed it on the windowsill. It could be lost and looking for a home... Cameron paused with the pie just in sight, "Who knows who that pie belongs to?" he said to himself, "Not even I know!" With silent chuckle he dashed around the corner of the house and snatched the pie from the sill in one fluid movement. For heavens sake, it was pie. Who knows what people will do for pie? Not even I know...
ericnovak
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby qwertykate88 » Jan 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Calamity shook her head, seeming to have dozed off. "Wha-? Oh." She reached into her basket and pulled out a tablecloth, handing it to her sister as the hanky was now soaked. "Well, I was thinking I would eat some lunch," she decided with a definite nod of her head. "Lunch might improve your temperament! You should join me," she said, poking Chaos.
qwertykate88
Moderator Emeritus
Tiny Blonde One

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Chaos nodded and quickly utilized the majority of the tablecloth.

"That's fine...we ca-can have some of the pot p-p-pie I jus-st made..." Chaos began to cheer at the thought of food. "And it's right over here on my windowsill...my windowsill! It's vacuous!!! My pot pie is being tortured somewhere out there, and no one cares!!!"

Chaos returned to her sniffling heap and availed her nose with the tablecloth once more.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby ericnovak » Jan 04, 2010 8:54 pm

Cameron weaved between a few trees until he was just out of sight of the cabin and then plopped himself down rather unceremoniously. Reaching into his pack he pulled out a swiss army knife - not one of the cheap ones mind you, but a great doozy, with a knife, spoon and fork. The smell of cinnamon was overpowering. Mouth watering, he plunged the spoon into the pie and came up with.... a large chunk of chicken! For a moment Cameron thought he might hallucinating, but then a quick bite determined that it was indeed chicken and there was no cinnamon. Just pot pie.

This was rather bad news as Cameron noted he hadn't stolen someone's desert, he had stolen someone's supper. Desert, no big deal, he may have prevented some diabetes or something. But dinner? It was another matter all together. He would have to take it back. Preferably soon, preferably right away.

Snow had started to softly fall as Cameron slowly made his way back to the Cabin, now with a curl of smoke coming out of it's chimney. Silently he made his way to the door, then broke the silence with a loud rapping...
ericnovak
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 05, 2010 6:23 pm

"AH! IT'S THE MUTANT KILLER FLYING HAMSTER BUNNIES COMING TO EAT ME!" Chaos screamed, putting her hands over her ears.

Calamity shook her head and pried her twin's hands off of her twin's ears.

"Is not. Go answer your door, silly."

Chaos gulped a mouthful of air, then, adjusting her hat and slapping a smile on her face, marched to the front door.

"Yes?" she demanded as she jerked it open.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby ericnovak » Jan 05, 2010 7:21 pm

Cameron heard a loud shriek from inside the cabin and then the door was flung open so suddenly that it knocked the pie from Cameron's hands and directly onto his boots. So there he stood, snow swirling around him, chicken on his boots and a silly grin on his face until a short elf- much shorter then Cameron piped up and said, "Come in out of the snow you giant!"

Obviously she didn't notice that he had pot pie covering his boots and as he stepped into the small cabin pieces of chicken dropped onto the floor and mingled with the melting snow which was now starting to really come down like a blizzard. The elf slammed the door and Cameron looked around for the first time.

The cabin was small and yet strangely open, Cameron paused a moment before introducing himself, "I'm Cameron, and I apologize for disturbing your evening but I have something very important I must talk to you about..." He stamped his boots a reed floor mat and a piece of chicken flew off, landing directly in front of Calamity.
ericnovak
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Chaos seized the flying chicken and stared at it, her eyes wide. She sniffed it, then turned abruptly and walked back into the kitchen, leaving a mystified Cameron to follow.

"Paprika, parsley," Chaos was now standing on a chair with her head in a cabinet, tossing various bottles of seasoning over her shoulder, "nutmeg, almond paste, anise, arsenic, cardamom, cilantro, Ah! Cinnamon!"

Chaos clambered down and dumped the contents of the bottle on her chicken. She took a deep breath in.

"Ah, smells much better. Now, you were saying?"
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby ericnovak » Jan 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Cameron, though slightly surprised, was glad his mystery was solved. It hadn't been apple pie after all, but it had been cinnamon. No wonder he had mistaken a chicken pot pie for an apple pie!

Cameron coughed, then launched into his narrative: "I was up to my waist in snow when I first smelled your pie." Cameron motioned to the chicken that Chaos was holding between her fingers. He walked over to a window and pointed out, "In fact I was miles from here, way up at the peak of that mountain! How the smell of fresh cinnamon reached me up there I don't know, but I just had to get an apple pie." Cameron turned back towards Chaos and Calamity, sighing. "The fact of the matter is that I've not had a piece of apple pie for over three years and that's why I stole yours..." Both Chaos and Calamity gasped, Cameron quickly continued. "It wasn't until I cut into the pie that I realized it was a pot pie, then after the door incident it kinda' ended up down there..." And as if to demonstrate another piece of chicken fell from his boots and onto the floor.
ericnovak
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Madame Gosté » Jan 07, 2010 11:42 am

Bonjour, mes amies!

Ze Premier Holiday Special is drawing to a close! Today is the last day for vous to fini vous plotlines!

Merci Beaucoup!

~Madame Gosté
Madame Gosté
Ditto Town Host

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 07, 2010 11:55 am

Chaos stared at Cameron for a moment.

"Oh. Well, I think I can remedy that."

Spinning on her heels, Chaos turned and pulled a large bowl out of the oven (which, if you recall, is where she was attempting to cram all her dirty dishes) and slammed it into Cameron's hands. Chaos then returned to the cupboard and continued pulling at various items, which, at random moments, she threw into the bowl Cameron was holding rather than onto the growing pile of items on the floor. Finally, she took the bowl from Cameron, placed some scraps of pie crust in it, then shoved it back into the oven.

"Calamity, would you mind handing me that bottle, the Elixir of Plant one?" Chaos asked as she turned her dials this way and that. Calamity did so, and Chaos poured it liberally on the stove.

"There, now all that's left to do is wait."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby ericnovak » Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

And wait they did, as the snow poured down, covering the little cabin in white they sat by the fire sharing stories and drinking gingerbread hot chocolate that Cameron had produced from his backpack. It was a new year and the world white. Had it been a few weeks earlier you would have been sure to hear a voice pipe up and say, "God bless us everyone!" After all, the holiday spirit should be spread through all the year... Along with apple pie, heavy on the cinnamon.
ericnovak
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Madame Gosté » Jan 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Bien histoires, mes amis!

I hope vous have enjoyed ze Premier Holiday Special...I regret to inform vous that it is time to close it...But never fear! Zere are more where zese came from.

S'amuser!

Madame Gosté
Madame Gosté
Ditto Town Host

Previous