This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Mystery Mansion

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Mystery Mansion

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 13, 2014 6:29 pm

" "Slow down there fedora fella, that's how people get killed 'round these parts." Jeff said, flashing a bright smile as he approached the impressive looking duo. "

"Great, a cowboy-type..." Neal muttered under his breath as the young man approached. As usual, the DTPD officer was planning on following the law "by the book" which typically gave mixed results and were never as much fun as the "rogue" approach.

After listening to Delia's snark filled reply, Decker took a step forward placing himself slightly in-between the woman and young officer. "So, shall we continue to the outside world... if it exists anymore?"
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby narnianerd » Jun 13, 2014 7:19 pm

"I'm not much good in a traffic jam, but I'll see what I can do about crowd control. You kids have run off and have fun now, you hear?" Jeff fired back, fighting snark with more snark. Still, he was used to taking orders from arrogant civilians and simply did as he was told and made his way towards the middle of the crowd, grabbing a candle on the way there. Upon arriving at his intended destination, Jeff hopped up on a chair and began to speak.

"Excuse me!" He said in a voice loud enough to be heard over the din of the crowd, but not one that could be considered yelling. Once everyone had finally quieted down, he began to speak.

"Hello everyone! My name is Jeff Evans, I'm an officer of the DTPD and I've been asked to advise y'all of some safety announcements. At this very moment, your hostess is working to restore power to the building. Until that time we are asking you to sit tight and remain calm. I'd personally like to apologize for the distinct lack of vegan illumination devices, an oversight that shall be righted in the future. On a final note, if you could return your candles to their respective resting places, the DTFC would be most appreciative. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Thank you."
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Captn. Peregrin » Jun 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Mr. Quigley Earnest Dint discovered the horse in the conservatory amidst shattered pottery - irritable, but relatively unharmed for all the crashing she had done.

Mr. Quigley Earnest Dint rejoined the party for a delectable dinner. The music was splendid, and he had just made up his mind to seek out a dance partner when the lights went out.

"Is everyone alright?" said Mr. Quigley Earnest Dint, moving toward the candlelight. He beckoned toward a particularly dark spot which indicated an open door. "Coming, Milady?"
sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer
Captn. Peregrin
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Delia Death » Jun 13, 2014 10:13 pm

"Aw, he thinks we're little tweens," Delia said as Jeff bounded off. "Cops are so cute when they think they know what they're doing. Let's go."

Delia took a quick look around the room and, seeing people settling down, she moved out of the main hall into the front entry way. There was broken glass all through the entry, but both of them were wearing boots, so it did not bother them. Delia paused, her hand on the door, and looked over at Neal.

"Ready?" she asked.
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 13, 2014 10:53 pm

"Aye, charming as always..." Neal said as he watched Jeff fall into the typical cop routine as soon as he had an audience. A long line of past experiences had led the Darkling to a not-so popular opinion of cops and law officials in general. He mostly viewed them as bumbling and highly misinformed, though occasionally a good one would turn up.

Jeff did not strike Neal as one of the good ones.

Quickly adjusting his gloves and black fedora, Decker gave a short nod. "Ready."
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Delia Death » Jun 13, 2014 11:08 pm

"Here we go, then," Delia said, pulling the door open and stepping outside. The air was cool, the town was gone, and a wide, unfamiliar land stretched out before them. It was covered with a long grass the slouched toward the ground, with leafless beech trees scattered about. They were large, old trees, but further inspection proved them to be dead, just as the grass under their feet was.

Directly in front of the mansion was a large stone well. A bucket sat on the edge, attached to the crank. Delia stepped out slowly, looking around and taking in all of the dust and details.

"This place is old...it's so old it's been dead for years," she said. "What do you think?"
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 14, 2014 12:18 am

Anna had enjoyed the evening as much as an introvert with a nearly terminal case of social anxiety could manage to. She'd smiled and made polite comments and replies when necessary and struck up mild acquaintances with a few of the more friendly party-goers. Still, when the earthquake hit, she had been just about ready to leave and write everything that had happened in her diary.

"Earthquakes are new," the voice in the back of her head commented.

"Not really. We had one last week."

"No, that was not an earthquake, that was the primordial sloth worm under the town rolling over halfway through its hibernation sequence. Wait a minute, this isn't earth. Why are we calling them earthquakes?"

"Because Dittoquakes sounds stupid?" Anna replied, her temper starting to fray a bit. The room was very dark and the shadows cast by the party guests holding their candles were unnerving her a bit. Some of the shadows didn't seem to actually have a source.

"The weird host is slipping out, along with the handsome man in the hat."

Anna looked around and spotted them leaving. She thought about following and hesitated long enough that she wasn't sure she would be able to find them. Then her hand grabbed a candlestick of its own accord and her feet began to walk her after the two mysterious departures.

"You might not want to know what's going on, Anna, but I do. So let me drive for once tonight."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Captn. Peregrin » Jun 14, 2014 8:59 am

"Coming, Milady?"

She froze. Earnest was staring right at her. Does he know?

Mr. Quigley Earnest Dint smiled. "I suppose you always have been rather shy...otherwise why would you stay with an old hermit like me for so long? But the invitation was meant for you."

Mr. Quigley Earnest Dint patted her head. Her big eyes shimmered in the retreating candlelight. "You should at least enjoy the party, Milady."
sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer
Captn. Peregrin
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jun 14, 2014 9:08 am

Kai noted that for someone with very particular taste, the Candle Lady was quite open.

She asked, "But who are you? You seem vaguely familiar. Your eyes look as though they belonged to the Steele clan."

Kai jerked her head back when she heard her last name. "Yes," she nodded, "how did you know? I suppose you'd know from my great grandfather, Captain Steele. He was the one who told my father about his excursions to Ditto Town. He said that it was a place where many unusual things happened, as you've apparently described. Ditto Town seems to engage with other parts of the universe more than other towns around here, huh?

"But, anyways, my name is Kai Steele. My profession is similar to my greatgrandfathers--I tour the galaxies looking for lost cities. My curiousity in that regards is what lead me here. I wasn't going to come," Kai looked around at the shadowy mansion, the only light being the moonlight flowing through the stained glass windows. "I'm wondering if it's a bad idea if I came. What's your name?" She asked the Candle Lady and the more timid girl standing by her.

Their conversation was interrupted by an important-looking man who introduced himself as Jeff Evans and who spoke with a tone of authority. He said that if anyone had questions, they should talk to him. Kai noticed the hostess and another young man rolling their eyes and making their way towards the door. Kai excused herself from her current company and made her way towards Officer Evans. She wanted to ask if there was anything she could do to help--after all, she had the machine. She strolled over to the officer, taking care not to spill the running wax.
"Sir, thank-you for your reassuring speech. My name is Kai Steele. I am from the city of Alloysville. I'm a professional of sorts in the area of finding things. Is there anything I can do to help?"
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 14, 2014 11:54 am

"Initial thoughts? It's a dead planet or world and no ones suppose to be here anymore." Neal replied as he examined the ground they were standing on. The dirt was a musty grey color, similar in many respects to ash. "Even the dirt is dead."

With that, Decker turned around to examine the exterior of the mansion, more than half expecting it to be invisible or the like. To his (somewhat) pleasant surprise the Mansion was still there and roughly intact, though it appeared to have aged considerably in a matter or minutes. Cracks, vines and displaced stones were rampant on the exterior of the previously well kept estate. The unmistakable white wisps of millions of cobwebs were also evident scattered over the building.

"Seems everything has died or aged incredibly except us. Care to hypothesize on that, madame?"

----------------------

Shortly after securing some candles and matches, Malcolm and Selena's attention was commanded by a young officer of the law of Ditto Town... Jeff something. After listening to the short speech which consisted of the usual "stay calm and keep going" sentiments, the duo found an unoccupied corner of the room to sit and discussion the current situation.

"So no one knows exactly what happened or what is going on. There was an earthquake, the lights go out and then we're... here. Wherever that is." Lawrence recounted while sizing up the room.

"It's not in Ditto Town or anywhere else that I'm familiar with. Malcolm, there's no water here. At all." Selena leaned in and whispered the last part.

"No water? That's very odd. Are you sure?"

Selena gave her companion a perturbed look, though whether he could she it clearly in the candlelight was a bit of a gamble. "You can read minds and do your shadow teleport/levitation thing. I can control and manipulate water. I should know when there's none around."

"Heh, touche." Lawrence replied with a smile as he leaned back in his chair.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 14, 2014 3:52 pm

Anna peeked out the doors at the dead world the Mansion had been transported to and shuddered with dread.

"Please don't make me go out there," she begged.
"Even the trees are dead. What are we getting our air from then? This place is weird."
"Not weird, scary! Can we go back to the others now?"
"Not yet. I'm finally enjoying myself."

"You are a terrible sister," Anna complained.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 14, 2014 7:06 pm

"My name is Cynthia Ridley. I am the heiress of Petrid Co., an animal activist, a patron of the arts, an ambassador for veganism—"

Cynthia stopped and pouted as the young time traveler rushed away before she could even finish her sentence. What flighty young girl. And to think of leaving in the middle of an introduction with someone as important and well-connected as she was! Goodness.

The heiress was distracted a moment later, however, when a loud, masculine voice finally registered in her brain.

"... We are asking you to sit tight and remain calm. I'd personally like to apologize for the distinct lack of vegan illumination devices, an oversight that shall be righted in the future...."

"Well!" Cynthia said, turning to her maid and raising her eyebrows. "At least someone around here has some manners. Let us go introduce ourselves to the man in charge, Lisette. I am sure he would like to meet me."
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Delia Death » Jun 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Delia turned around slowly, examining their environment.

"There are no stars," she finally said, looking up. "Just the full moon...full moon on Friday the 13th...13 guests left in the Mansion...."

Delia shrugged.

"I got nothing, yet, at least. Other than that, I'd say your hypothesis is fairly reasonable."
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby narnianerd » Jun 14, 2014 8:35 pm

No sooner had Jeff dismounted from his perch when he was confronted by a young woman asking to lend a hand. "Now that you mention it I do have a very big sock problem, my left ones keep running away." Said he, replying with a disarming and cheeky grin.

"In all seriousness ma'am, as far as I am aware we are experiencing a simple power outage. No need for you to be concerned."
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jun 14, 2014 9:38 pm

"Full moon, thirteen appearing twice and falling on a Friday are all terribly unlucky... if you go for that sort of thing." Neal examined their surroundings again in hopes of noticing something new or finding a clue to where or when they were. Still nothing, except....

"I believe we have a snoop, Delia." Decker said with a smile aimed at the young woman standing hesitantly in the doorway.
Avvie by the great Djaq!

PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 14, 2014 11:48 pm

"Um, hi?" Anna said, venturing out into the open, dead, extremely creepy outdoors. "I just wanted to know what was happening. Well, mainly my sister wanted to know and she made us follow you. The thing I was most interested in knowing is how likely we are to die horribly before the evening is over."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext