This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

[April Fool's!] The Peacock Alliance Homeroom

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: The Peacock Alliance Homeroom

Postby Movie Aristotle » Apr 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Ok everyone, it is time to get organized. At this point I don't care if I help the other team, I just want my moderators back! :((

So in an effort to help, I have created the following spreadsheets. Use them well.

I will be gone for a few hours, so in case no one else from the blue team makes a formal accusation for the next period, I will say that "The Peacock Alliance formally accuses Ryadian in Talk About Narnia."
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Hugh Hologram » Apr 01, 2014 3:50 pm

Conga-rats, team! Good job catching the killer. Er, well, finding them. We still need to catch them! Fortunately, we're pretty sure they're under some sort of spell or something weird like that. When you were going through their secret lair, no one found anything too out of the ordinary, but you did spot this scribbled on a piece of paper:

GSV WFUUOVKFWH HZRW GSV DILMT HKVOO.

What could it possibly mean??? Give it a go and see what you can come up with. Once you can read the code, give me a holler and I'll check inside this nifty book the Magician gave me and see if there is anything in there that will help you out. If you have too much trouble figuring it out, talk to one of the Hosts. They might be able to help you.

(Oh, and as you have already made a correct accusation, the Peacock Alliance will be unable to make another accusation until you've freed MountainFireflower from her spell!)
~ Read the Ditto Town Frequently Asked Questions ~
Hugh Hologram
Ditto Town Host

Postby Movie Aristotle » Apr 01, 2014 5:54 pm

Using logic from our favorite game, Narnian Last Shall Be First, I get:

THE DUFFLEPUDS SAID THE WRONG SPELL.

EDIT:

Suspect List and Forum List updated:

Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Hugh Hologram » Apr 01, 2014 6:16 pm

What? Those Dufflepuds are at it again? Well! Let me see...ah-ha! Here we go. According to this, in order to break the spell laid upon the mod, the following tasks must be accomplished.
1) All threads on the first page of the Games & Blogs forum must be posted in by any member of the Peacock Alliance. Any members can post; there must just be one post in each thread by Peacock Alliance members after the game has begun.
2) Peacock Alliance must come up with at least one new game idea for Games & Blogs. It can be something brand new or a variant off of a previous or current game (such as a reverse Fetch), but variants must be different enough to constitute a new game (e.g. Two of My Favorite Things is not a large enough variant of Three of My Favorite Things).
3) Both the new game idea and the links to the posts in the Games & Blogs forum must be posted in this thread.
Good job defending NariaWeb, Peacock Alliance, and all the best with rescuing Mountie! Oh, and if you're wondering how to get the link to the post, after you post, hit the tiny title of the thread that is at the top of your individual post. Then copy what is in your URL bar and pop it in here. Good luck!
~ Read the Ditto Town Frequently Asked Questions ~
Hugh Hologram
Ditto Town Host

Postby Movie Aristotle » Apr 01, 2014 6:37 pm

First things first.

For my allies on both the red and blue teams, I give you an updated list of suspects reflecting the deaths of poor Ryadian and Wren. Perhaps this will help the Scarlet Alliance make some headway while we are trying to save Mountie:

And now on to breaking the spell...

*Reading the tasks.* Wow, those are some hard tasks. Especially considering that there only seems to be two members of the Peacock Alliance and SummerSnow seems to be busy at the moment.

Anyone new interested in joining the Peacock Alliance? We need you to help save Mountie!

Oh yeah, and while I'm thinking of it... If I break the enchantment, do I get to kiss the princess?
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Delia Death » Apr 01, 2014 6:44 pm

I think you'll have to ask the princess on that last one....
Delia Death
Ditto Town Host
Ghost Wrangler

Postby Lady Galadriel » Apr 01, 2014 7:10 pm

*Looking around warily for the princess*

Hello. ;;) I've come to help save Mountie. We must band together to free the enchanted mods and save ourselves from the looming dire threat! B-) So, I'll be posting in Games and Blogs shortly.

Also, very impressive list, MovieAristotle. You might want to add in Bookwyrm and Ramagut. The list of mods is getting smaller. :-s
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby SummerSnow » Apr 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Mods who have been ruled out (I believe--if I missed anyone or added someone, please tell me):
-Mel (false accusation)
-Stakat (also a false accusation)
-Mountie (earlier killer)
-Jo (even earlier killer)
-Pattertwigs Pal (dead)
-Coracle
-Stargazer
-Varnafinde
-Gymfan15
-PrinceCor004
-Wild rose
-DiGoRyKiRkE
-Lady Arwen
-Ryadian
-Valiant Lucy (false suspect)
- Mal (false suspect)
-Princess Anna
-Aslanisthebest
-GlimGlum
-Bookwyrm
-Ramagut.

Forums which have been ruled out:
-Costumes
-Man Behind the Wardrobe
-Games and Blogs
-Reading Group
-Ditto Town
-Prayer Requests
-Talk About Narnia
My lovely avatar was made by Valia!
SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie
The WC Submersible Subterfuge Sub

Postby Movie Aristotle » Apr 01, 2014 7:41 pm

New Lists:

EDIT: After posting the picture I noticed that by deduction Ditto Town should be a FALSE now.
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby aileth » Apr 01, 2014 8:21 pm

Okay, I think I'll join. Better late than not at all. Don't know that I'll be much use, but... :-s
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby Ryadian » Apr 01, 2014 8:27 pm

*Floats in*

We'll be glad to have you, aileth--us mods, especially! At the moment, the Peacock Alliance is trying to post at least once in every Games and Blogs thread, as wel as come up with a game idea. The Scarlet Alliance is trying to come up with a suspect, as well as their lair (and last I heard, they were getting close to narrowing down the lair!). Abraham Lincoln also posted a challenge to post in the first two (non-stickied) thread of every forum, which can be done by anyone. However you'd like to pitch in, I think we can do this! :)
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby SummerSnow » Apr 01, 2014 8:34 pm

SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby You Will Find Me Bigger » Apr 01, 2014 8:35 pm

I know I'm technically not supposed to post in here, but I want to give what help I can to the Peacock Alliance before heading off to bed, as I think the rest of Team Scarlett has already departed for the night. :)

I have confirmed by PM that the remaining lair is in one of the Admin forums. Tirian has been eliminated as a suspect.

Good luck to all!
You can call me Willow if you want to.
You Will Find Me Bigger
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Movie Aristotle » Apr 01, 2014 8:39 pm

Thanks!

New Game Idea:

Code Crackers

RULES

1. Person #1 creates a 1-to-1 letter substitution code and keeps it a secret. For instance: "All letters shift down 1 so that A=B, B=C, etc."
2. Person #1 writes a secret message using that code and writes the answer in spoilers.
3. Person #2 will crack the first code and then create a new code and a new message.

EXAMPLE:
1. Person #1:"Every pair of letters gets switched so that A=B, B=A, C=D, D=C, E=F, F=E, etc."
2. Person #1: KVDZ SGF UBKJBMS
LUCY THE VALIANT

3. Person #2: LUCY THE VALIANT
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby aileth » Apr 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Just posted in The Interesting Game, but can't seem to find the link. Arrgh!
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby SummerSnow » Apr 01, 2014 8:50 pm

I posted it for you, aileth. :)

Fetch:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7579&p=271937#p271937
SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext