This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Mansion: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: The Mansion: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Postby Bookwyrm » Jan 05, 2013 9:11 pm

"I don't dance, but I'll happily shoot anyone else who refuses to dance," Bookwyrm said. He was itching to try his new toy out on someone.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 06, 2013 1:15 am

Lady A smiled as everyone opened their crackers, and gave her mug a raise at Anne's salute, then cringed as her little sister started the music.

"Oy, ow, no," she said, quickly changing the playlist to some proper dance music--in this case, a snow waltz.

"I don't dance, but I'll happily shoot anyone else who refuses to dance," Bookwyrm said. He was itching to try his new toy out on someone.

"What do you mean you don't dance? What am I, chopped liver? Wait, don't answer that. However, I would be greatly honored if you would dance with me," Lady A said with a smile, extending her hand toward Bookwyrm. "And you'll be very sorry if you don't."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby stargazer » Jan 06, 2013 9:53 am

[Great Madcap Siren post, JP!]

"Now that's more like it," Erik said with a smile once Lady A put on some proper dance music. He bowed to his mate. "My lady, may I have this dance?"

"Of course, kind sir, but first -" she turned to Lady A. "Thanks for tending Molly all this time. If you like, I can hold her while you dance with that gun-wielding Bookwyrm. See, I have a convenient baby carrier to hold her in while we dance."

In the meantime, little Grace Baxter came running up and grabbed Erik, insisting he dance with her. Abby smiled as the girl led him out onto the dance floor.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jan 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Reemerging from the kitchen with a tray of fresh hot cocoa, I notice everyone is popping off crackers. "Ah! Holiday crackers!! Those are always fun, though rather nerve racking if you're not prepared."

Meandering through the crowd, I deliver a cup of frothy hot chocolate-y goodness to Ze Favored One before heading over to Lady Z. "And here's one for you, my dear!" I hand over a vaguely TARDIS shaped mug to my new companion.

Taking a sip of my own drink, I ever so slightly curl my nose (it's hard to do, but Time Lord-y people have an uncanny knack of doing it... sortof) at the choice of music. "I think we need some ABBA hear... or Led Zeppelin!" I set down my mug and make a quick run for my TARDIS. I return a few minutes latter with a stack of vinyl albums (yes, I went there :ymsmug: ).

"Hmm... I also have The White Album, Abbey Road, Cosmo's Factory, Rumours, Houses of the Holy, Led Zep I-II-III and IV.... oh! And Dark Side of the Moon, of course!"
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 06, 2013 1:57 pm

"Oy, none of that is for dancing," Lady A called over her shoulder. "Put it on, and I'll let Booky test his new toy on you, and then shoot you mid-regeneration myself."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Bookwyrm » Jan 06, 2013 11:48 pm

" I can make a magical duplicate of myself and let you dance with it while I shoot Cor," Bookwyrm bargained.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 07, 2013 12:09 am

Lady A smiled and shook her head.

"Won't do. I'll promise not to get any lipstick on you."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Bookwyrm » Jan 07, 2013 4:55 am

"If I so much as see lipstick anywhere in my vicinity, I'm detonating the too bombs I've hidden all throughout the building."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 07, 2013 1:51 pm

"Too bombs? Well, I'm not really concerned about those. Now, if you had two, it might be a different matter, but I think Cor's little sonic screwdriver already incapacitates any explodothingies."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Jan 08, 2013 8:58 pm

At the first music choice Anne winced and almost dropped her mug trying to cover her ears. But as Lady A's sweet waltz music began filling the room, she smiled. She took a quick sip, set her mug down and hurried to the dance floor.

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby MountainFireflower » Jan 19, 2013 4:03 am

— Lady Z —

I smile, watching the various partygoers dance, and then turn to Cor. "The party's wrapping up. When do you want to leave?" The excitement's about to bubble right out of me. I can't wait to see the TARDIS again, see the stars... I shake myself back to reality, then give a dramatic sweep of my hands, my grin widening to stretch from ear to ear. "The universe awaits."
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jan 19, 2013 1:29 pm

"Oookayyy... nevermind about the music selections, then." I lean over to Lady Z and whisper "Your sister is a bit touchy right now" as I put away the albums.

At least the change in music is pleasant. Much better than that original rubbish. I was about to ask my new companion if she would like to dance, but overhearing Booky and Lady A discuss possibly shooting me, I decided not to tempt fate. Well, this time.

"Ah yes! To the stars!!" I grin and make a similar gesture to Lady Z's. "I do believe now would be a good time." I look at my watch, then straighten my jacket before grabbing my new companions hand. "Off we go!"
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Lady Arwen » Jan 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Oh, yes. Quick Mod note, as I forgot to post after Epiphany. ;))

This thread shall be closing in the next week or so, so now would be a good time to write your final posts. :)
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby stargazer » Jan 20, 2013 10:49 am

Erik and Abby sensed the night was old and the dawn was coming, and with it, the end of the night's festivities. They made the rounds, enjoying one last dance with friends and saying goodbye to so many, with the fond wish that they would see them all next Christmas if not before.

They offered special thanks to Lady A, who'd cared for Molly so graciously, and to others who'd provided food, drink, and music for all to enjoy.

With little Grace Baxter eagerly watching Molly, Erik had once last dance with Angie while Abby partnered with Dan.

"A merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!" they shouted once the music stopped and the party guests reluctantly began going their own ways.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Jan 21, 2013 11:33 am

Anne whirled happily on the dance floor, thinking that months of dancing lessons with that satyr had finally paid off. Far too quickly, she heard the clock chiming a late hour and knew that the party was coming to an end.

Sighing with happiness and reluctance to leave, she bid farewell to each of her friends in turn - though strangely, that Doctor and the Other Lady seemed to have vanished. Lastly, she bid her thanks to Lady Arwen for her Christmas gift and handed the Elven Overlady her own present - a cutting from a golden mallorn tree.

As the music ended and several other guests began shouting their final Christmas farewells, Anne slipped outside into the cold winter night and began the journey home through the fluttering snow. She turned to take one last look at the lighted windows and smiled sadly. "Merry Christmas, everyone," she whispered.

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby MountainFireflower » Feb 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Lady Z

"Indeed," I just manage to say before Cor whisks me outside. Catching sight of the TARDIS sitting in the midst of the snow fills me with excitement. I touch the weathered blue wood for a moment before disappearing through the door, into the place that's much bigger on the inside. I've been in the TARDIS a time or two before, but this time... this time it's for real. This time it's going to be my home.

Cor cranks up the TARDIS, pushing and pulling various buttons and levers and dials. My heart skips a beat as reality sets in. In a few minutes, I'll be travelling the universe, flying amongst the stars.

The brakes grind, giving their trademark sound, and I smile. This is when the adventure really begins.

((Just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed this. Thank you to everybody for writing this with me! You all are amazing. :ymhug: This was so, so fun, and I hold it fondly in my collection of favorite DT memories. :D Merry Christmas! :p ))
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Previous