Here in Ditto Town, when one of ze stories in ze Town Fountain becomes popular enough, I give them their own thread, to keep things neater and more organized. Moi, I’m proud to feature some of Ditto Town's best roleplays.
If vous would like to join any of these roleplays, please PM ze creator first.
Please follow zese guidelines in your posts:
- • Please keep all posts rated “G” or “PG” for ze sake of our younger members.
• Cooperate with ze plotter, as they basically have ze final word for ze storyline.
• Please try to make your posts longer than 10 words and shorter than 600 words. If vous want to chat (“I’m at work today. How are vous?”) instead of role-play (“Chedder ze Chipmunk flings himself from branch to branch, looking for his lost thimble.”), please go to ze Cup & Platter Chatroom.
• All role play characters should be characters vous have invented yourself, not stolen from ze other authors. Vous can use names created by others, but zey must be different characters. Vous can use your characters from ze Ditto Story and Fountain, or ones made up just for this thread. Vous can post a biography of your characters in ze Ditto Town Post Office.
• Please keep the lay of the land in mind when vous post. The map is here.
• Please, label what sub-group vous are writing for, so others can know where exactly vous are.
Ditto Town Host
The Rose-Tree Dryad
Narnia_Fan12, lover of narnia, Warrior Of Narnia, Chloë Máiréad, PrinceCor004, Ithilwen, sweeetlilgurlie, Rising_Star, narnianerd, malkah, MountainFireflower, Lady Courage, georgiefan1, Reepissweet, Melian_Maia, Shastafan, Silver the Wanderer, Sonny, Anime_tor95, Arwenel, Lucy of Narnia, Bookwyrm, Lady Arwen, stargazer, Katana, Princess Anna, Ellesar.
In Year 5,000 on the planet Telluri, a supernova in a neighboring solar system pummels the planet with radiation, and results in the electrical grids being destroyed beyond repair. Without any power, the technology-dependent infrastructure of the nation Azurema crumbles, and the country is plunged into an apocalypse.
But that's not all. When the waves of solar energy hit, the radiation caused about 3% of the population to develop strange. . . abilities.
In some cases, it infused them with a gift related to whatever they were doing at the time the solar ejection struck the planet, and in others, it exponentially enhanced an already existing talent.
But for all intents and purposes, these astonishing abilities were superpowers. . . and these chosen ones were superhumans.
Yet even superhumans are still human. A mix of good and evil. While most of the empowered want to use their abilities to make Azurema great again, to bring about justice and restore the quality of life, there are those with more sinister ideas. Those who see humans as an inferior race. Those who want to abuse their powers to rule others.
In a time when mankind could desperately use the help of superpower, the fear of the unknown was stronger. With martial law in effect in the wake of the apocalypse, the Azureman military is sent out to capture and quarantine anyone showing symptoms of "radiation poisoning." Distrustful of the government and what it might do to them, the superhumans went into hiding, concealing their powers in order to keep their freedom.
So they lay low and masqueraded as humans, and were forced to put on a mask, become an alternate identity, when it was time to show the broken world what they could do.
At the end of an era that had depended on traditional power sources to survive, the desperate citizens of Azurema was forced to put their hopes into an alternate form of energy. . . superpower.
And so it began.
The rise of the superheroes. . . and the reign of the supervillains.