This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Town Square II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Town Square II

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Aug 17, 2010 3:02 pm

*enters listening to Anberlin's "Breathe"*

HI!!!

We had an awesome time in NYC! I was really happy to go with our friends. It was one of my best friends (Malena) and her family. They're all reallly similair to us so we had a good time :D . Malena and I and both our sisters all like Justin Bieber ( :ymblushing: yes I'm finally admitting to it! :p ) and we were all really hyper b/c...well it was NYC! So the whole time we were scouring the city for anything Justin Bieber and screeching when we found something and even took pics with some of the stuff :P .

ok first HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BELLA!!!!! :ymhug: :ymparty: :D

Booky wrote:I need a Buffy Staked Edward t-shirt. I'd love to wear it to classes and annoy all the girls reading Twilight before class starts. :ymdevil: I did buy the Eclipse score tonight and it's very good.

:)) . I would like one too. Or maybe this one, even if it's a little preachy/cheesy. I'm liking the Eclipse score alot too, but I'm not sure if I'll buy it. It was humiliating enough to have to check it out of the library :p .

Libby wrote:Ali: yeah it was violent..... lol
they played Skillet's "Hero" video at the bowling alley? AWESOME! :ymhug: :D B-) :ymapplause:

;))

yes! I was sooo excited! Lol I was pretty hyper afterwards b/c I was so happy and shocked :p .

Sounds like you had a nice weekend Fanny :) .

Fanny wrote::ymhug: Any time! :) How are things going for you?

:) . Very good. The only thing that's really troubling me right now is headaches. I've had them pretty consisntenly for a while now and it's making my eyesight blurry...or my eyesight is causing my headaches. Idk. :p How are you?

Ben wrote:*picks out an entrance*
*rides into the square on his unicycle turns around and rides backwards and then turns back around*

do you seriously ride a unicycle? That's sweet!

8-| ... 8-|

haha what?! I was very happy b/c he turned 30 which means he's going to stop smoking now :ymapplause: :D :ymparty: :p .

Oh wow! Barefooted! ;))

;)) yeah I do everything barefooted. I never wear shoes unless I have to. Like my family's ashamed of me or something like that :p . I'm part hobbit, minus the hairy feet ;) .

Oh nice :)

yes. Veeery nice. I love NYC...well to visit anyway :) .

Oh nice name!
It is delicious!

:)

mmhmm. Oh I really want sushi now. I love the kind with raw octopus *drools*

That I did :)

;))

I think Knight is better too :)
Yeah it is fun getting stuff in the mail!

good, b/c that is what I shall use...whenever I decide to use it :p .

Yep :D .

I guess that's good ;) :)

haha. Always depends on the situation/conversation :p .

*YELLS* BECAUSE! NOT B/C! *YELLS* Haha ;))
Oh now, be truthful about that.

8-|

oh fine then. I'm very near perfect. Just need to learn to play drums and guitar and then I will be ;) .

That was not an agreeing "A-huh"

a-huh mean yes/yep/yeah/etc. :|

*looks around* I don't know who? /:)

maybe yourself! Idk. I just probably can't :p .

Now you are putting words in my mouth and they taste bad!

good! They are bad! So I'm the only poor girl under your authourithy? 8-|

No not really ;))
I guess that is how stories must go.

;))

yes. It makes them more interesting and alive.

Hmm, you always like to confuse people? ~x( ;)

yes very much so. One of my specialities and favorite hobbies. I'm just too smart for them :ymsmug: .

No! Of course not! :-s

yeah you'd better not be! *makes a fist and pounds it in to her other hand* :p

I do ;))

[-x don't gloat! ;)

Libby wrote:wow! today was awesome! we were eating hot dogs outside with some of the people in my church. my dad had a hot dog and a bee landed on it. he didn't notice and took a bite. he ate the bee and the bee stung the inside of his mouth! :-o that was weird..... UNDERSTATEMENT! :P

*eyes bug out* wow. That's crazy!

Miss Ro wrote:Glenstorm: Oh? Well, friends would improve the job quite a lot. And, I'm FINALLY finished with my part of the painting. Yippee! :p

oh that must be nice! We actually didn't do it yesterday b/c it was supposed to rain but didn't so our friends didn't come :p .

cute kitty btw :) .

Ben to stargazer wrote:Yeah it is great camping up here! It does!
It was cold at night but we had a great big fire till we fell asleep.
OH MY WORD! THEY WERE SO BEAUTIFUL! It was perfectly clear! Amazing!

*melts at the description* oh that sounds so lovely! I want to go camping so bad!

Cor wrote:@ Ali. I'm glad you made it for me. Becca was the only other person that gave my request a shot. :-??

From what I've seen it's a good show. A bit cheesy at times, but overall a fun show. Eh, I see. :ymsigh: Well, I hope you can see some of it sometime. :)

Wow, two extreme opposites in soundtracks, there. ;)) *recommends checking out Stargate, Legends of the Fall and The Last Airbender* ;) :)

*bypasses waving.... again* :p

Thank you! Thank you! I'm nearly up to my next ranking!! :D Just 200 more posts.... *crosses fingers*

I almost didn't myself ;)) . My sisters saw me when I was doing it and they were like "eew! Brad Pitt?" :p .

eh I don't mind cheeseiness too much :p . Yeah I hope I can watch it too. Been trying to discuss magic with my mom lately. I might succeed in being able to watch Merlin but I have very little hopes for Harry Potter...have you read those?

;)) yes definitely :p . My library has none of those :( . Maybe I can youtube them...I did get a huge load of soundtracks out the other day. Braveheart, The Dark Knight, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Pearl Harbor, Black Hawk Down, Sherlock Holmes, Batman Begins, and all three of the POTC movie soundtracks. I have a few more waiting to be picked up at the library too. :)

*waves again despite Cor's not doing so* :p

haha ;)) . I remember when I was obsessed with getting to the next rank and would post like 50 times a day :p . I have 4500 posts roughly which means abotu 500 to the next rank, right? :p

Micah wrote:Ok, ok, no spoilers. I love spoilers, though, so when you finish the season, you can let me know more about it. :) EDIT: I see later on you posted some spoilers about the end of the season. I knew everything you mentioned except that Robin marries Marion before she dies. That's neat! Still deciding whether or not I want to see Season 2, and I definitely don't want to see Season 3!

lol, I see what you mean, and, like I said, I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for thinking that way. That's why I love pogginfan's sig. ;)) Anyway, I still have high hopes for VDT, especially because of the new director and largely new crew.

Ugh I hate spoilers :p . You should watch season 2- it's really good besides that it's alot sadder and there is a tad bit more innapropiate stuff. Season 3 I'm probably not watching. I still have two more episodes to watch in season 2 though so if there are more spoilers, I shall let you know :) .

haha yeah, poggy'ss ig is awesome ;)) . I don't know, my hopes are pretty low. Especially after the horrendous trailers :( .

AJoanna wrote:Um... yeah, the part where he was dangling over a giant pit of snakes... I mean, seriously?! That was the point where my sister and I decided that liking Robin Hood was definitely not in our future. :)

Oh. Why didn't you like it? I thought it was maybe a little weird, but I really didn't like the sherriff's sister b/c she was too modern. I mean they are all modernized but especially her.

Dani wrote:*comes in humming Owl City's "If My Heart Was a House"*

LOVE that song :ymdaydream: :p .

yes letters are very nice, but they do take time. I don't really write them now, I can hardly keep up with email!

Booky wrote:*enters the Town Square while engaging in a great and terrible battle against the dark forces at work on his Pandora station who are busily trying to sneak Jeremy Camp and Chris Tomlin in amongst Lifehouse, Skillet, and Relient K*

I've been trying to banish Jeremy Camp since I created this station, but he just won't leave. Now Chris Tomlin is sneaking in. X( They're like musical Terminators or something. Or Borg drones. Maybe that's why their songs keep popping up, they infect nearby songs in the queue and convert them into their likeness.

:)) . Very nice music list there, besides Camp and Tomlin of course :p . I really don't mind them too much, but it gets annoying how wildly popular they are. Pandora annoyed me with that too, therefore I now use Last.fm B-) .

*is rather proud of himself for remembering how to spell queue*

;)) I love that word. Whenever I see it anywhere I think of HHB b/c I had a book study for that in one of my school books a few years back and one of the spelling words for it was queue :p .

Add me to the people who don't like the Robin Hood show. I think we're pretty much in the minority, but I didn't find it to be that interesting. But then it would always come on after Doctor Who on BBCAmerica and most shows would be dull compared to the awesomeness of Doctor Who.

oh come on, it's very interesting! If I stopped watching it, it would be b/c there is the occasional innapropriate line and it's kinda modernized. What exactly is Doctor Who about?

TTFN :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Edmund P » Aug 17, 2010 3:14 pm

*Cautiously walks back into the Town Square after ten months of absence*

I'm afraid I've lost track of time. It's been at the very least ten months since I've made a substantial post in the Town Square. Which is extremely unfortunate. How many conversations have I missed? Hundreds. But I shouldn't worry, I can jump right back in and hopefully start making more posts, more often.

To be honest, I've been overwhelmingly busy. Between getting back to school, marrying off a sibling, my job, and countless other things, I have had absolutely zero time for the Town Square. Now it seems, however, that I am resuming regular life again. Which means more time for everything. Reading, writing, networking, etc. I'll try to make a post here every other day, or every day if possible!

Good Mortereve, all! :)
I met Georgie and Skandar AND saw the film in one evening.
Edmund P
NarniaWeb Guru
The Parallel Welcomer

Postby Meltintalle » Aug 17, 2010 3:52 pm

*waves back to Dot* I haven't seen Inception either, and I probably won't... so you're not alone. Or maybe you've joined the masses?

Poggy wrote:It sounds like a complicated process!
Naw, not really. Just time consuming. :)

FF wrote:Did your theory prove to be well founded & supported by the facts at hand, and therefore the not so nice goat milk is on its way to being ended forevermore? (I hope so!) How many horses do you have? :)
Well, there's also the fact that the refrigerator was dying, but yes. I think the reign of terrible taste has ended. ;)) (If goat milk isn't cooled quickly, it tastes really goaty. And if your refrigerator dies, it's not making things cold.) We have two horses; one is a thoroughbred/quarter horse cross, and the other is a thoroughbred/arab cross. I thought I had a picture with both of them, but I guess not. Here's a picture or three of Charlie and some random goats and a kitty. :)

Cor wrote:We expect a second edition of your show, you know?
Well... you may have to wait awhile...

Ruby, we had a great time. We got to walk all over town, and see the huge central library, and Valia gave me some book recommendations. :D

D'Awww, MissRosario! Kitty cute! (And the bigger cat reminds me of my cat. B-) )

Ali wrote:Or maybe this one, even if it's a little preachy/cheesy.
Ha, I know someone with that shirt. I thought it was clever. ;))

So, besides squealing over Justin Bieber, what else did you do in NYC? Did you visit any museums?

Hey, welcome back to the Square, Edmund P!
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Benjamin » Aug 17, 2010 5:06 pm

*enters*

Hey everyone! How is it going?

Ok I can do a bit of catchup *looks at the list* or quite a bit, before I go over and hang out with a ton of my family for my little sister's birthday...

RubyGamgee wrote:I am very happy right now, because I just received a letter in the mail from a very dear friend. And it was a nice long letter, the kind you sit reading while munching on an apple, and the kind of letter that's honest and gives you a nice big picture of what your friend is up to.

I like getting letters. They are so much more heart-warming than emails or anything of the sort. And they are a whole lot more meaningful, because they take a bit more effort.

Oh I love getting letters as well! They are way better than emails!

Miss Rosario wrote:*peeks in* Here are a few photos of Sofie for the promised ones. ;)

I love kittens! BUT NOT CATS! Haha! :P That is a very cute kitten :)

Liberty Hoffman wrote:Ben: yeah, my poor dad.....he said it really hurt but he's alright now :)

Good :)

Ali wrote:do you seriously ride a unicycle? That's sweet!

You mean after all the times I have ridden in on it you never noticed! 8-| ;)) Haha :P Yes I really do :D

haha what?! I was very happy b/c he turned 30 which means he's going to stop smoking now :ymapplause: :D :ymparty: :p .

BECAUSE! NOT B/C! :P
Oh my wordness! He is 30! You had better be joking!

;)) yeah I do everything barefooted. I never wear shoes unless I have to. Like my family's ashamed of me or something like that :p . I'm part hobbit, minus the hairy feet ;) .

I used to do that also when we lived in the country! I hardly ever wore shoes unless I was going somewhere (like in a car not walking)
Haha I would hope so! ;) :P ;))

yes. Veeery nice. I love NYC...well to visit anyway :) .

There would be a billion places I would rather go than NYC! I don't care very much for cities! I'm a country type of guy ;))

mmhmm. Oh I really want sushi now. I love the kind with raw octopus *drools*

Me too!
I have never tasted octopus...

good, b/c that is what I shall use...whenever I decide to use it :p .

Yep :D .

Good ;))

8-|

oh fine then. I'm very near perfect. Just need to learn to play drums and guitar and then I will be ;) .

Sure [-( ;) :P ;))

a-huh mean yes/yep/yeah/etc. :|

[-(

maybe yourself! Idk. I just probably can't :p .

First: Maybe with a capital M! Second: I don't know not Idk!
No way! B-)

good! They are bad! So I'm the only poor girl under your authourithy? 8-|

Now you are putting more in my mouth! ;) :P ;))

yes very much so. One of my specialities and favorite hobbies. I'm just too smart for them :ymsmug: .

Sure... ... ... 8-|

yeah you'd better not be! *makes a fist and pounds it in to her other hand* :p

Now don't go hurting yourself! That is no way to act! ;) :P ;))

*melts at the description* oh that sounds so lovely! I want to go camping so bad!

Then why don't you go! ;))

--Benjamin
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Aug 17, 2010 8:07 pm

*enters holding her head in her hands*

oh I have such a bad headache! I kinda suffer from constant headaches but I'm used to them so it doesn't really hurt much anymore but my 3 year old sister came up to me and said "You rock, dude!" and banged her head against mine. Yeah she got that from Finding Nemo. I'm going to burn that movie! :p I have a nice egg now :ymsigh: .

Anyway, catchup!

*waves to Edmund P* I don't know if I was around when you were on here last, but hi! :D

Mel wrote:Ha, I know someone with that shirt. I thought it was clever. ;))

it is kind of clever, but I tend not to like Christian t-shirts so yeah...

So, besides squealing over Justin Bieber, what else did you do in NYC? Did you visit any museums?

;)) we went to Central Park and visited the zoo. And we went to Times Square and we looked at the Statue of Liberty but we didn't go to Ellis Island b/c by the time we got to the ferry it was too late and we wouldn't have been back on shore till 10pm. We've been several times before so we weren't pressured to do much, we just mainly walked around. There were only two things I wanted to go to that we didn't see. Number one was the wax figure museum. We've never been to that and I've always wanted to go. I was so jealous of our exchange student Iñigo b/c he got to go with his group :p . And I also wanted to go to a really cool Egyptian exhibit. King Tutenkahmen's mummy was there on display and it's his final tour before going back to Egypt forever! I was really upset that we couldn't go to that- I really love Egyptology so it was extremely saddening that so much Egyptian history was there and I couldn't see it :( . I'm hoping we can drive back down and see it later this year though. I didn't know about it beforehand so I wasn't prepared so I think that's why my parents wouldn't let me go. I don't even know how much the entry fee was...

Ben wrote:You mean after all the times I have ridden in on it you never noticed! 8-| ;)) Haha :P Yes I really do :D

nope I never noticed. I know, blind as a bat :( :p . I actually need glasses though... ;)

Oh my wordness! He is 30! You had better be joking!

;)) nope I am not joking. I'm glad he is 30 b/c he will stop smoking but it's kinda creepy too. That means he's 14 years older than me and 10 years younger than my mom. That means he's closer in age to my mom than me! That is so freaky. It's weird. Ugh. :p

I used to do that also when we lived in the country! I hardly ever wore shoes unless I was going somewhere (like in a car not walking)
Haha I would hope so! ;) :P ;))

it depends where we're going. I mean I'll wear shoes (or bring them really ;) ) but I don't even wear shoes at church :p . It's a home church and not very big and we know everyone there well so...they don't mind ;)) . My dad told me I have to start wearing shoes more often though b/c my heels are getting too tough. I can't really feel if someone touching my feet :-s .

lol yes, I have no hairy feet :p !

There would be a billion places I would rather go than NYC! I don't care very much for cities! I'm a country type of guy ;))

As can I. I'm no city girl. Crowds terrify me and I don't like all the noise or weird people chasing after you (happened twice...yeah) but I still like walking around, and seeing all the billboards in Times Square and the lights at night. But I would die if I had to live there.

Me too!
I have never tasted octopus...

my mom had sushi tonight and wouldn't let me have some :( :p

you should! It's really good. Especially raw. Better than raw fish. That made me reeeeeally queasy :p .

Good ;))

you can say that as many times as you wish but I won't stop using b/c :ymtongue: :p .

Sure [-( ;) :P ;))

tis true! There's nothing else I would fix about me! At least, once my dad lets me dye my hair red :D :p .

[-(

uh, it's true!

First: Maybe with a capital M! Second: I don't know not Idk!
No way! B-)

8-| I'm getting sick of your English lessons :| .

um yeah. I have no reason whatsoever to trust you =; :p .

Now you are putting more in my mouth! ;) :P ;))

well then are there others? B/c you've made it very clear that I am under your authority! 8-| :p

Sure... ... ... 8-|

what?! You don't think I'm smart?! :p

Now don't go hurting yourself! That is no way to act! ;) :P ;))

:| I was imagining that I was hitting something else besides my hand x( :p .

Then why don't you go! ;))

b/c it's not exactly my choice! I can't go camping by myself! I'm only 16! Although it would be nice...I suppose I could camp in our backyard but it's rather nasty back there and we have black bears :-s :p .

TTFN :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby malkah » Aug 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Good mortereve! How fare ye on this Tuesday night? :)

Quiet day today. Not too much happened at work, except for one guy who came in, studied our menu closely for fifteen minutes, and then walked up and ordered a hamburger. We had to explain very kindly that "chicken" really does mean "chicken". Yes, this is the state of America. :| ;))

Catching up: (only from this Square, unfortunately. I tried to go back through twenty-some pages in the old Square, but it was Too Much. :( I'm sorry for any conversations that got dropped!)

Ruby wrote:I'll probably spend the majority of it finishing up the last of Karen Hancock's Legend Of The Guardian-King series. I love Karen Hancock's books!! She's a Christian author, but she has a very unique style and her allegorical books are actually good! And I'm a sucker for well-written fantasy.

I've been meaning to try her books for awhile, so it's good to hear an enthusiastic review! :) The other book of hers that I hear constantly recommended is Arena--have you read that?

Lark wrote:I got my learner's permit today. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conga-rats! :ymapplause: Isn't that a marvelous feeling? :D You're only fifty hours away from independence! (Which really does go quickly, if you practice a lot.)

Ben wrote:So just got done watch The Young Victoria... A really good movie! I really really liked it!

I just saw that the other night! :D Beautiful, beautiful movie. And all the more touching because their story has such a sad, untimely ending.

*waves to Kingskid* Hi there! :) I'm not sure we've 'met'? *extends hand* I'm malkah or Mal, whichever you like. So you're a hunter? :)

*waves to coracle*

*readily and rapidly returns Rosa's...wave* (Rave? ;)) ) I would love to see pictures of Sofie, whenever you get them uploaded! EDIT: Whoops, you posted them already! Sofie is adorable! There's something so cozy about grey kittens. :)
Oh, and I finally got the chance to listen to your concerto! Beautiful! :D Are you performing it soon?

Ali wrote:Mi Mancheri, I'm pretty sure. Lovely lovely violin intro .

Joshua Bell does the violin for Mi Mancherai?! I can't believe I didn't know this! And as if that song wasn't gorgeous enough already... :x

I don't think I knew you were a Josh Groban fan, either! What are some of your favorites of his? :)

Libby, glad you had such a good time at Soulfest! :)

*waves to Jo* :-h I love your signature! That is utterly awesome. :D I wonder if I can convince anyone to go out to eat with me and do the same thing...

*is nearly knocked over by the Onslaught of Tongues in Ali's post* :p

QS! *waves* What have you been up to lately? :)

Sneezing, coughing, and a quiz, DotK? :-s Ugh. I hope you're feeling completely recovered now?

*watches her brother crabwalk up two flights of stairs...backward* /:)

Cor wrote:Great to see you around again! If possible, it would be great to see you stop by the Square more. No pressure, though.... mostly.

I've missed being in here! :) And no pressure, eh? /:) How kind of you. ;) I will definitely try and do a better job of keeping up in here--craziness of life or no.

Have you started school yet? What classes are you taking?

Oh, and a rather random question: have you seen any of Doctor Who? Fandom of that show seems to go hand in hand with fandom of Merlin and Robin Hood, so I just wondered. ;)

Lady Courage wrote:Strides into square with a glass of chocolate maca milk

Maca milk? :-\ I don't think I've ever heard of this--and it's making me think of alpaca. Which is probably not what you want to think of when it comes to milk. ;))

LC wrote:*waves vigorously to malkah* I'm still loving the picture of that dress!!! I made myself an iPod wallpaper out of it! So now I carry all that beauty in my pocket/purse!

*waves vigorously back* I'm glad you're enjoying it so much! :) I would absolutely love to make a version, except that I don't know if I could design a bodice to match the gorgeousness of the skirt. And I don't think either me or my sewing machine could handle all those gathers. ;) But that's a great idea to make it an iPod wallpaper! :D *must think of something similar*

*very much enjoys the Mel-Valia Hour of Utter Insanity* Do we get a sequel, please? ;;)

*waves to the long-absent Joe and Sarge* Welcome back! :D So has the football season already started or are you just gearing up for it?

Poggy, you've been doing summer school? Ouch. That's no fun. Are you almost done? And what else have you been up to lately? :)

*Mal waves grandly to Mel* ;) Have you been doing anymore portraits? :)

stargazer wrote:There are two even bigger words for fear of Friday the 13th: friggatriskaidekaphobia and paraskevidekatriaphobia. That last one looks a little hard to pronounce.

Yeesh. This is the kind of words that win the national spelling bee. Who sits around and comes up with these?

Fanny wrote:Yesterday was really busy, we went to Canada's capital city and had quite a bit of fun. We toured the Parliament buildings, the War Museum, the Museum of Civilization, rode the bus around to get from place to place, and ended the evening back on Parliament Hill to watch the first night of the annual gathering of military bands from the Canadian, American, and even British (I think) Armies.

That sounds like such fun! :) What sort of exhibits are in the Museum of Civilization?

And an action figure of a prime minister? *wonders if anyone has ever made an action figure of George Washington* 8-}

AJoanna wrote:Speaking of books, I've been reading Megan Whalen Turner's books. (Is there an official name for her series about Attolia/Eddis/Eugenides?) I wasn't sure I would like them, so I just borrowed them from the library, and I really, really liked them. I haven't read Conspiracy of Kings yet though, because unfortunately it hasn't come in yet. But the first three are really awesome. I actually read all three over again I liked them so much.

Hurrah for reading (and liking) Attolia! :D I believe they're officially called the Queen's Thief series, but I've never met anyone who actually referred to them as such. Did you have a favorite book?

Bookwyrm, talking about Robin Hood, wrote:it would always come on after Doctor Who on BBCAmerica and most shows would be dull compared to the awesomeness of Doctor Who.

Hopefully I don't get kicked out of Team Hoodie for this ( :-s ), but I must agree. I do like Robin Hood very much, but...Robin doesn't have a TARDIS. ;)

*pretends she did NOT just see the words "banish", "Jeremy Camp", and "Chris Tomlin" in one sentence* :-o x_x

Ali wrote:Malena and I and both our sisters all like Justin Bieber ( :ymblushing: yes I'm finally admitting to it! :p

Oi. Has it really come to this? :p

I don't actually mind Bieber that much. It's just that he's everywhere. The other day, I walked into Sports Authority and there was a Justin Bieber poster up on the wall--right in between Tom Brady and Albert Pujols. I mean, wha...? ;))

How exciting that you went to NYC! :D What did you see/do?

Welcome back, Ed P! It's good to see you again! :)

Oh, and very happy late birthdays to Bella and Jojo! :ymhug:

Well, my mom is home and there are waffle cones being made in the kitchen, so I think I shall skedaddle for the night. Sweet dreams and comfy pillows to you all!

*departs*
the light after the storm
shows that hope was never gone

Snow After Fire graphics
malkah
Moderator Emeritus
The Invincible One

Postby StudyMate » Aug 17, 2010 10:15 pm

*pops in randomly for a quick visit*

Howdy folks. Nice to see some familiar faces (read:avatars) around. I kind of forgot about Town Square and now you're onto a new one already.

Hmm the topics of conversation seem to be about Justin Bieber, and NYC, Robin Hood, Doc Who and Jeremy Camp. Among other less famous things. I'm not sure there's such a big Bieber craze where I live, but I do like one of the kid's songs, 'One less lonely girl' or something like that. NYC sounds lovely, Glenstorm I'm rather jealous!

GtG wrote: my 3 year old sister came up to me and said "You rock, dude!" and banged her head against mine. Yeah she got that from Finding Nemo.

;)) That's too funny! I don't suppose she sports dreadlocks and bare feet?

Hmm, I don't think I added much to the conversation, but I must away and pick up the kids from school. And by kids, I mean siblings, and by school, I mean school.

Chow!

(oh, p.s. Doctor Who looks like one of the fellas from Top Gear, I've yet to see Robin Hood and Jeremy Camp belongs to that genre of angsty Christian music that hurts my head. :P )
Love is the answer
At least for most of the questions
In my heart. Like why are we here?
And where do we go? And how come it's so hard?
~Jack Johnson

thanks to Lys for my avvy :)
StudyMate
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Meltintalle » Aug 18, 2010 7:18 am

Ali, I've seen pictures of the Egypt exhibit! (Well, the outside. ;)) ) I hope you do get to go, it sounds really awesome. :D Our local art museum had a sort of similar exhibit several years ago and we went to that. Very cool. B-)

*randomly throws out her Beiber story* So my dad and I walked into Target, and there was a concert or something on the TVs and my dad's like, "Hey, that's Justin Beiber." I say, "Who is he, and why do you know of him?" "He's famous." "Huh. I've never heard of him on NarniaWeb, so he can't be that famous." And then a couple days later Booky starts complaining about him, and after that he's been everywhere so I guess he is famous now. :p

Mal wrote:*watches her brother crabwalk up two flights of stairs...backward* /:)
Sounds like a brother. ;)) I really like how you bolded the middle letter of our nicknames. Sometimes it is a bit confusing. :p And no, I haven't been drawing any more portraits since we last talked. It got really hot and I figured that sweating on my paper would not be conducive to prettiness. Also, I am lazy and it was a good excuse not to do anything. ;))

How sad about the man who didn't understand 'chicken'. =))

*waves to Matette* :)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby johobbit » Aug 18, 2010 10:05 am

Hey ho! Prepare for a very lengthy post. :ymsmug: Which will not be in maroon again (warning ya'), because there are too many quotes, and I'm just too lazy today to format it all. So, live with it. ;))

AJoanna wrote:Well, that was close! I almost lost my entire post.
*recommends Lazarus, if you use Firefox* :D

And, AJoanna, what a drag about the thefts from the van. :ymhug: I hope you can get your permit replaced soon.

Kingskid wrote:The bed is much smaller than what I am used to, but I think that I will live.
As in a twin, instead of a double or queen? I'm sure DiGs must have some kind of smoke that will shrink you a bit in order for you to be more comfy. ;))

ingskidkay wrote:I am adglay athay ouyay approvetay oftay inemay igpay atinlay
Iay oday. ;))

Kk wrote:I do like it as well, but mostly for the crabs. We don't usually swim in the ocean anymore.
*loves swimming in the ocean (and jumping waves), and love crabs!*

Kk again wrote:Jo, I hope that ya'll's weather gets better soon. I'm sorry that you are experiencing Southern weather, but hopefully it will bring you closer to your true roots.;)jk
Yes, I do have a roommate. He is a good friend of mine, so I think we will get along well.
I am taking Honors English, Honors Colloquium, Biology, Chemistry, and Intro to Weight Training.
Haha re the roots comment! :P
And I'm glad your roommate is someone you knew already. Makes the adjustment to college that much less stressful.
Interesting courses. A question though: what is "Honors Colloquium"?

Liberty, that OperationNarnia is fantastic. I think very highly of Samaritan's Purse, so this teaming up pleases me very much. :) Glad you had a great time at Soulfest! :D You say TobyMac 5 times? Lucky! And Kutless too. Excellent!

Lark, I'm glad your underarm healing is coming along. :ymhug:

Louise the First, how did the rest of your painting go. And I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. :ymhug: How is he doing now?

Ben wrote:And how is me lady lass doing this fine day? ;)) :)
Heehee, that's so cute! I'm doing okay ... because our humidity has finally left. Hurrah! It may be back a bit over the next while, but hopefully nothing compared to what it has been the past 6-7 weeks!

GtG wrote:As you know, I'm not a huge fan of the snow ;)).
Yes, I do seem to recall that. ;))

stargazer wrote:I'm glad you've seen them! (Your sky, or your vision, or both, must be better than mine. ;)) The last couple nights I've been lucky to catch Saturn in binoculars, and Mars has been hidden behind some pesky trees).
Yes, they are pesky when one wants to night-sky-gaze ('though I do love them during the daylight hours ;) ). The planets would have been hard to see from our home, but I walked to a school park close by, which allows a clear, expansive view lower in the west. So beautiful! Thankfully that one night the soupy air had decreased for awhile, otherwise I probably wouldn't have seen them.

Dot, I know this was a few pages back, but are you feeling better now? Hope so!

*reads Dot's comments about her responsibilities with interest* That's excellent you're involved in this capacity, Dot! :D

Dot wrote:And at some special events I have to give speeches (not really looking forward to that part).
Well, from what I've seen of your well-written posts on the forum here, I'm expecting you will have no problems writing your speeches. But I guess you're referring more to standing up in front of large crowds to give them? All the best with these!

Ooh, PrinceCor, it's less than a week until you begin classes! Do you anticipate a lot of homework? I forget: are you taking a full course load, or are you going part-time? :ymhug: and prayers for all this. Remember, God is with you (and in you) ... wherever you go! (See Joshua 1:9).

*waves to Vern, as well, and offers a special dragon-y treat: fish cookies!* :D

*enjoys Lady Courage's Air Conditioner song, as well as stardf's About Him list* :)

*giggles at the Valia/Mel's stolen Hour of Insanity* ;)) I wonder if this occurred similarly to how the French Peas stole Bob and Larry's parts in one of the Veggies shows ... ;)

Ben, your hike and campfire sound fun!

narnianerd, welcome back to the Square again! :D Good to hear what you've been up to.

Booky wrote:Happened to click on PrinceCor's blog link while catching up and I now want the Eclipse score. I wonder if I should wear a disguise while buying it. I wouldn't want people to think I was buying it out of Twilight fandom.
Definitely, disguise yourself. How could you ever consider otherwise? ........ :)) Mind you, seeing Howard Shore did the Eclipse score, I'm mighty tempted, myself.

pogginfan, loverly to see you, as always, and I totally agree on your 'sanctification' statement! Both the hard and the good times are all part of God's good plan for us, to conform us more and more to the image of Christ. Wow!

And a big OUCH for sand in the eye! And, in the opposite vein, HURRAH for chocolate milk! :D

Well, I'm not Booky, Queen Susan ;)), but I can say Inception was a marvelous film! Well done in every way. I have yet to see it a second time, which I need to, for I know I didn't catch everything the first time 'round. It's been out since *checks* July 16, and our son went to see it again last night, only to find it sold-out ... still! And that's after a month of being in theatres! I hope it beats Avatar (the blue-people movie) in box-office intake, 'cause it's a far superior film. I hope you get to see it sometime ... on the big screen.

Mel-y-poo wrote:Except that Valia is on her way home now, and I am suffering from a lack of real live NWebbers in the immediate vicinity. *goes to see how many more days it is until the release of VotDT*
Ditto. I think I'm still suffering withdrawal from the Moot! :-s There are *counts* 113 days left until Voyage releases, not counting today. Do you know which Lion Party you're going to attend yet? *plugs the Lima, Ohio LP. :D Although I know it's a bit of a distance for you.

GtG wrote:I did it barefoot too -walking across gravel, dirt, pavement, and grass the whole way :p . And when we made it to the end we caught frogs in a creek, which was alot of fun
Mmm, I love going barefoot! And what fun about the frogs. We did something similar when we went to wisewoman's after the Moot: waded for ages in a stream, and picked up (or tried to) salamanders, frogs, and crayfish along the way. Fun!

*enjoys stargazer's post here* I set my alarm for 2:30 Friday morning, then got up and lay on a big towel in the backyard so as to catch some meteors (well, not literally ;))). We saw some good ones, but not as many, of course, as those who could view them from a non light-polluted area. And I didn't catch a glimpse of any fireballs this year, sadly. Last year I spotted a few - spectacular!

Heehee, 'tis fun to read (and harder to actually pronounce) those looooooooong words, 'gazer. ;))

Woohoo for Ottawa, Fanny. It sounds like you packed a lot in! What a beautiful city, eh? (<- truly Canadian ;)))

So glad you're enjoying your restaurant job! Do you get to bring home some food from time-to-time?

Good to hear your college update, Kingskid. Sounds like they're keeping you out of trouble. ;) :ymhug:

I think it was Louise 1 who wrote this wrote: Mountains and snow combined are wonderful.
Ditto. DITTO! I mean, who can resist a scene like this? *contented sigh* (Well, I guess GtG might. ;)))

Did I miss that Lady_Liln has a 2,000 page nursing textbook to read? :-o Well, my dear Squiggle-less friend, all the best with that! Whew! :ymhug:

stargazer wrote:The heat and humidity finally broke here today, and this evening I enjoyed a backyard campfire and stargazing session with friends. :) Naturally, there were S'mores.
Sounds wonderful in every way! :D

'gazer' wrote:We almost always have a white Christmas here. Now if we just had some mountains to go with it...
Ditto and YES! :)

Been missing you here, NN/Aiden. So good to see you again. May you thrive in school this year!

I'd better say this now, 'cause I see a bit of talk about the Attolia series by Turner. I just can't get into those books. :ymblushing: And I've tried a couple of times. This rather puzzles me because so many people here who I respect simply love them. Ah well. :p

Ben, I'm thankful your sister is okay. That must have been an unsettling time as she had her surgery. Thankfully, God is faithful and good, whatever the news (and I don't mean to sound glib when I say that: it's just been something I've been learning and pondering a lot on lately). :ymhug:

Ruby!!! Hello, hello, HELLO! :D Yes, hand-written letters are ... wonderfully special. Have I ever told you that you remind me somewhat of Anne of Green Gables? That definitely is a compliment! :)

Louise, Sophie is just sooooo cute!

Edmund P!!! Great to have you back in the Square! And I notice you like the maroon font too. ;)) How was your sister's wedding?

Mel, I did so enjoy looking at your photos again. They're so beautiful! That one of the horse is such an action shot!

GtG, sound like you had a fabulous time in NYC!

*giggles at malkah's hamburger/chicken work story* ;)) *as well at Mel's Justin Bieber tale*

And, regarding my signature (stargazer first had this idea to put it as a signature), I think I will do the same at the Lima, OH Lion Party. "Pevensie, party of 20", or however many can come. ;)) Wonderful idea, that was! It still gives me the goosebumps.

Matette!!! Oh my, I believe I 'owe' you a PM. (And yes, lys, I haven't forgotten about you either. :P)

And now, I must conclude with colour: that's all (for now) folks! (*coughporkypigcough*) ;))
johobbit

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Aug 18, 2010 11:49 am

comes in singing "Those Nights" by Skillet so loud that all the dogs in the neighborhood howl

[n]Ali[/b]: haha, I will join you in burning "Finding Nemo"! my dad keeps saying, "Let's watch Finding Nemo" so we watch it but he falls asleep, thus missing most of it and then he claims that he didn't see it and we have to watch it all over again! ugh! ah, headaches are NO fun! :(

malkah: thanks! I had fun! :)

johobbit: yes, I also think highly of Samartian's Purse and I can't wait to see how this partinership with Narnia is going to be! :) yay! :) :)
yeah, I have seen Tobymac 5 times.....I have been able to do this because me and my family always volunteer at concerts (Soulfest and other venues in out area) so we are able to see shows without having to pay a cent! it's really worth it! :) :) Kutless was so awesome at Soulfest! they had every person in the place jumping, but that was unfortunate because: the ground was really dry since we had very little rain during Soulfest. that was a problem because the dust was bad and when everyone jumped dueing Kutless, a HUGE (I repeat HUGE) cloud of dust billowed up from the ground. after the concert, a friend of mine who had been farther up the hill told me that when the dust cloud happened, she couldn't see the stage (and the stage is big) for about 5 minutes! and I was smack in the middle of the dust cloud! when it happened, everyone was breathing into their T-shirts and coughing and it was crazy! the dust made the lead singer of Jars Of Clay lose his voice! :-o :p :D yeah it was crazy!

I must dash! :)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby lysander » Aug 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm super excited right now because someone has finally posted a halfway-decent video of Randal Keith singing "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables on YouTube. I saw him play Jean Valjean a few years ago and I love his interpretation so much! Don't throw any rotten tomatoes at me, but I think he's a million times better than Colm Wilkinson.

I'm sorry I haven't been on much of late - these last two weeks of work are always hectic ones for me.
~~~~~
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
~~~~~
lysander
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Miss Rosario » Aug 18, 2010 2:17 pm

*plods in from the library* Good mortereve, all. Our internet is still down, but I think it's getting fixed sometime this evening/tomorrow morning.

Aside from that, I'm doing well (as long as I ignore the fact that school starts next week). The weather has been lovely--sunny, with little humidity, and in the 70's.

I finally discovered that the library lost The Thief, thus explaining why I could never find it. Ah well, I suppose there's always next summer or Christmas break.

I also watched Pirates of the Caribbean last night for the first time! Hilarious movie. ;)) The ending was amazing, and the soundtrack was fantastic! (I already had it from my sister, but music is always so much better with the movie.)
[P.S.]
My sister and I are going to see LotR as well sometime this weekend. *nudges Louise the Second* I'm super excited! :D

I love letters too, Ruby -- both writing and receiving them! There is something about the handwriting, the details, and the thought you know went into it all that makes a letter so much nicer than an email. It's quite sad that none of my friends agree.

Booky: Aha, so the real reason comes out. That's most likely true, though; it's somewhat handy to have a mod sister. ;))

Nick: I think most public schools don't start until after Labor Day--so yes, it's a bit early.
At the moment I almost wished I was still homeschooled. I'll probably have to quit orchestra (and maybe violin lessons as well) because of the schedule. Boo.

Good to see you again, Edmund P! :)

*absently watches a tour group invade her library space*

Mel: Oh? His name is Chico. He hated the kitten at first, then tolerated her, and now the two are buddies. :) It's very cute to watch.

Thanks Ben and Glenstorm for the comments on Sofie. We love her tons.

And to you as well, malkah! Ehh. I'm not sure about the concerto. I actually may be having to quit lessons, due to school. (I dearly, DEARLY hope not though!) So we shall see. It all depends on when the recital is.

*now owns Mi Mancherai* ;) Beautiful, beautiful piece. I love Josh Groban anyway, but with Joshua Bell accompanying... *happy sigh*

*waves to Matette*

The painting is finally finished, Louise the Second---or my part, anyhow. There are a few high places reserved for a taller person. ;) And my grandpa (amazingly) didn't break any bones, though there were bruises. It was very relieving; a fall down the stairs can easily be fatal for an 85-year-old.

All right, and I'm out of here. Enjoy your afternoon, all!
Icon by fireworks123
NW little sister to Windsong
NW twin to Rosie

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci
Miss Rosario
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Wandering Welcomer

Postby Aslanisthebest » Aug 18, 2010 2:32 pm

Mortereve, all!

Well, first of all, thank-you very much for the birthday wishes!! :ymblushing: :ymhug: I feel very touched. :)

*will catch up on the Town Square I stuff sooner or later but decided to come in for the thank-you now*

That said, anyone around at this time and moment?
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Meltintalle » Aug 18, 2010 2:35 pm

jo, whose words I will correctly colour, wrote:I wonder if this occurred similarly to how the French Peas stole Bob and Larry's parts in one of the Veggies shows ... ;)
Hmmm. I wouldn't know. ;))

Please don't mention Lion Parties. Chicago seems like a much easier trip, but I'm tempted. Very tempted. :P

You're right, lys, the video quality isn't the best, but the sound is OK. I had to listen to Colm Wilkinson's version to compare the two, and I think I do like Randal Keith a bit better. He gave me goosebumps... :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

EDIT: *waves hello to Bella* B-)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby RubyGamgee » Aug 18, 2010 3:06 pm

*comes into the Square, glowing from the sheer awesomeness of new Jars of Clay + Tenth Avenue North song*

I've been picking up little rumors for quite a while that Jars of Clay was recording with Tenth Avenue North. I don't know how much Jars of Clay is planning on featuring them on their new album, but they recently released their newest single "Out of My Hands" and let me tell you that it is amazing!! The combination of the two bands is just perfect!! I still haven't gotten over it. :) And I can't wait to hear the rest of Jars of Clay's new album, because I really love that band.

I put a link to the new song on my blog if you want to listen to it. :) It's well worth listening to.

Anyway, I have started school this week! Yippee! For a home-schooler that's not all that exciting. But it's nice, having a little more routine in my life. And it's nice having something to do. My schedule is a lot more relaxed this school year which is nice. Last year it was hectic. That's one good thing about home schooling, you can distribute your school out and not have a crazy schedule.

My dance teacher called me the other day and I am officially teaching. I'm not an officially registered teacher, but I'll be helping out by teaching the class of beginners and then helping her with all the other classes. In exchange, I get to take lessons myself without paying tuition! Yay! It also means that every Friday, I'll be at dance practice from 4-8 pm. :( I'm going to die my first class.

I'm really excited about starting dance up though! It's so much fun and I haven't danced all summer, so I miss it. :)

Along with dance, I'm going to be participating in a high school ensemble, if all the schedules and stuff work out for that. I'm not sure yet. If it falls through, big deal. :) I'm also working really hard on piano and I'll be starting a music theory class (college level). :) That about sums up my school life. :)

Now for some catch up....this should take a while. :P

Ali wrote:;)) sure. Were we still talking about relationships?

Yes, I believe we were. :P I remember posting my two bits about it, but I never got back to hear your input on the subject. In brief, I said that the whole deal with relationships isn't so much the terminology you use, such as dating or courting, but where your focus is. As a Christian, the focus of any relationship, friendship, marriage, courtship (I like to use this word :) ), should be Jesus Christ. :)

Hey, a good book you could check out on the subject is Boy Meets Girl by Joshua Harris or his other book I Kissed Dating Goodbye. Both have a lot of good insight for Christians. :)

KingsKid wrote:I'd not heard of him until his name began popping up here on NarniaWeb. And that's a little ironic, since Adam Young hails from a small town a little more than an hour south of here (Owatonna) - I even have some relatives who live there.

Well, I had never heard of him until Miss Aravis or Kat told me about him. I think the thing I love most about his music is that you really get a feel of the midwest, which is where I grew up as a young child and so listening to his music is like going back to my childhood. :)

That's cool that you live near him! Perhaps you could meet him someday and get his autograph for all of his fans on NarniaWeb. ;)

*waves to jo* So sorry that I've been gone forever and a day. :P I've really missed the Square. How are you doing?

malkah wrote:I've been gone for too long again. Life has been utterly crazy lately. And to think, I thought I'd have more time for posting in the summer!

I know exactly what you mean by that!! I thought for sure my life would sort of settle down over the summer. Apparently I was wrong. It's nice though, because now getting back to school is really slow and relaxing compared to my summer. :)

Lark wrote:I got my learner's permit today. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoot!! Whoot! \:D/ I need to do that soon. Since I've turned sixteen, everyone's been asking me, "So, are you getting your driver's license?"

Aw, lysander, I'm so sorry to hear that your Guard Star class was so rough! That really does sound painful. I'm glad it's over too. What have you been up to lately? Are things going alright?

*waves to Miss Rosario* What to say on NarniaWeb when you can't say, "it's good to see a familiar, muchly-missed face?" Anyway, how have you been doing lately? It's been a while I know, I've been really bad about keeping up with the Square this summer.

Liberty Hoffman wrote:I am back from Soulfest! I saw the first VotDT trailer there like 5 times and I met Switchfoot (the whole band with the exception of Jon Foreman :( ) oh well :) :D I had an awesome time! I saw Hawk Nelson Live, Switchfoot live, Tobymac live, and Kutless live! it was amazing! but I am SO tired! I was up late every night.....but it was worth it and fun and I had a blast!

Wow! That sounds amazing!! I'm glad you had such a great time!! :) 'Tis too bad that you didn't get to meet Jon Foreman, but it's still really neat that you got to meet the rest of the Switchfoot band.

How have you been? I'm asking everyone that right now, because I really don't know and have been away waaaay too long. :P

AJoanna wrote:First of all, I can't remember who was talking about Sanctus Real, but their "Pieces of a Real Heart" is really amazing. "Keep My Heart Alive," "Lead Me," and "Forgiven" are my favorites. And the acoustic versions of the last two are quite good too. :)

I'm not sure if you were talking to me or not about this, but I recall discussing this way back, probably on the old forum. Anyway, I've only ever heard "Lead Me" and "Forgiven" from their new album, but I really, really, really want to buy the entire album!!! I still have music gift cards and stuff like that from last Christmas that I need to use, just haven't had the time. :P

I always love the acoustic versions of songs, especially Relient K's. :)

That band (SR) is really growing on me though. Sanctus Real and Jars of Clay are probably my latest favoritist established bands. :)

*skims through pages and pages of posts*
I do try and read most of the posts, but sometimes I'm just so behind...and I haven't the time.

*starts at the long-time-no-see avatar of narnianerd!!!*
Hi! It's been a while since I saw you on the Square!! Then, at the same time, it's been a while since I was on here. :P

Sounds like you've been having one awesome summer!!! So cool that you got to see all those amazing artists (especially Tenth Avenue North ;)).

Your graphics set reminds me, we've been watching a lot of Bonanza around this house lately. It's a classic family favorite. My little sister has become an official fan girl of "Little Joe". It's kind of funny, but she practically melts every time he's in an episode. :P

Is that pogginfan I see?? :ymhug: How are you doing??

*waves to Fanny* Good to see you on the forums too!!! Sorry that it's taken me so long to catch up. Anyway, how have you been doing?

*wave to Aiden, Prince Cor, Benjamin, and anyone else on the Square*

I need to be off to go wash some of my laundry and then do a bit of home work before dinner!

God bless, everyone! :)
blog | graphics | youtube channel
member of the Tenth Ave. North club
Keeper of the Secret Magic
1 Peter 3:15
RubyGamgee
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 18, 2010 3:59 pm

*The figures of a Prince and his Dragon enter the Square with Cor discussing the up and downs of Ebay....*

..... Well, I now have some of my CD's up for auction. Hopefully that will do better than the Nintendo DS game. :-??

*It should. I checked earlier and you already have 9 views. :D *

Great! Wait.... you checked something on computer?!?? :-o How?

*Ahem, very carefully. ;) [/i]*

Ahh, I see. ;)

Mortereve all! I trust everyone is having a pleasant Wednesday? :) Mine is going well, enjoying the last few days of freedom before classes begin on Monday.

*Cor and Vern stop by the chocolate tree for some chocolate covered apples before taking their seats at the fountain*

Catch-up!

--------------------------------

@ NN. Glad to see your blue posts again!! :D I didn't realize you had been gone for a week.... Anyway, glad your back and hope school is going well!

@ Rose. Answer: No one can resist the puppy dog eyes and chocolate!!! :ymdevil: *coughhackcough* I'm alright.... I'm alright...

And it fits very well. :) Besides, green is my favorite color, so of course I'll like it. :p

@ Booky. Right now I'm just going through the basics. I like telling people that my major is "Undecided". Hopefully by the next semester or so I'll know what I want to major in. :)

@ Ali. In order to keep up with what I'm responding to, I'll just quote what you said to me. :)

Ali wrote:I almost didn't myself . My sisters saw me when I was doing it and they were like "eew! Brad Pitt?" .

eh I don't mind cheeseiness too much . Yeah I hope I can watch it too. Been trying to discuss magic with my mom lately. I might succeed in being able to watch Merlin but I have very little hopes for Harry Potter...have you read those?

yes definitely . My library has none of those . Maybe I can youtube them...I did get a huge load of soundtracks out the other day. Braveheart, The Dark Knight, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Pearl Harbor, Black Hawk Down, Sherlock Holmes, Batman Begins, and all three of the POTC movie soundtracks. I have a few more waiting to be picked up at the library too.

*waves again despite Cor's not doing so*

haha . I remember when I was obsessed with getting to the next rank and would post like 50 times a day . I have 4500 posts roughly which means abotu 500 to the next rank, right?

Ah yes, I always forget there is a moderate dislike of Pitt among some girls. :p Sorry about that....

Cheesiness in small quantities can be good. :) I would just stick with Merlin. You're not missing a lot with not reading/seeing Harry Potter. If you're curious about the stories, just go to Wikipedia and read the overviews of them. Save a lot of time instead of reading the books. :p

Drat. :( There are several Youtube videos for Stargate and Legends of the Fall, but only one good video for Last Aribender. If you want, I can PM you the links. :)

*reads over Ali list* Ooh! Nice selection! :D *can't resist..... has to rate the scores...*

------------------------
Braveheart = 3 1/2 out of 5
The Dark Knight = 5 out of 5
Spiderwick Chronicles = 4 out of 5
Pearl Harbor = Never heard it
Black Hawk Down= Also never heard this one
Sherlock Holmes = 3 1/2 out of 5
Batman Begins 3 out of 5
Pitrates 1 = 2 out of 5
Pirates 2 = 3 1/2 out of 5
Pirates 3 4 out of 5
-------------------------

Yep, only 500 more to go. :)

@ Mel. Ugh, making us wait, for like, ever. 8-| ;) *kidding*

@ Mal. Yep, no pressure.... sort of. ;) :P I know how crazy Life can get. My life is about to get a lot busier starting next week.

Not yet, I start on Monday. :) I’ll be taking Math, Amercian History, Language, Music Appreication and Orentation.

Nope, never seen Doctor Who. I guess I'm deeply deprived.... ;) :p

Reading about your brother crabwalking up stairs gives me a mental flash of a scene from The Exorcist. :-ss

@ StudyMate. Yay! A Studymate sighting!!! :D Hope all is well with you and yours. :) :ymhug:

@ Jo. Question one: I have no idea. "This is a new experience for me...." :p Question 2: I'm going full time (13 hours). :) Thank you very, very much for the prayers. I'll definitely need them...

*Woohoo! Cookie fish! :D Hmm, this means I'll have to share with the Royal Family.... *

----------------------------------

Alright, I think that gets all the catching-up for now. I need to head back to the castle and help prepare supper. Oven baked chicken tonight!!!! :D

*Cor and Vern exit the Square with the Prince humming the theme from The Dark Half...... Huh?*

The Dark Half by Christopher Young, Narrator. It's not as creepy sounding music as you might think. :)

*sounds creepy enough to me....*
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

PreviousNext