This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Town Square II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Town Square II

Postby stardf29 » Aug 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Lady Courage wrote:But I haven't figured out yet if you like it or not.

Clearly, you don't know me well enough. :p Understandable, since you likely haven't had much chance to know me. So, let me list out some facts about myself:

- I love music, especially classical music.
- I love music video games (Rock Band, DDR, the like).
- I, of course, love Narnia, and as such have a bit of a soft spot for fantasy-esque series.
- I like introspecting into the nature of romantic relationships and have something of a soft spot for a good romantic story.
- I love things that are just ridiculously whacked-out, must-have-been-made-by-an-insane-person-level weird.

From that, I'll let you make your conclusion. ;)
"A Series of Miracles", a blog about faith and anime.

Avatar: Kojiro Sasahara of Nichijou.
stardf29
Moderator Emeritus
I'm on a goat.

Postby Meltintalle » Aug 10, 2010 4:57 pm

An ex-news-caster-announcer-wannabe strolls onto stage. Good evening (or whatever) today we have a special edition of the Ruby_Winter Hour of Utter Insanity! Today it seems that ValiantArcher and Meltintalle have hi-jacked, er, borrowed the show! Let's take a closer look!

*The Curtain rises*

*Valia and Mel are seen padlocking the door to a closet. Muffled shouts and thuds seem to be coming from inside*

"Isn't this exciting, Valia? I've always wanted to be famous, and now we're on our very own show!"

"Very exciting! Very kind of us to let Ruby and Winter borrow us for the show."

"Maybe we should explain to our viewing audience the circumstances that led to us hijacking... I mean, appearing! of course!... on the show?"

"Good idea, Mel! It's a long story, but the short of it is that I'm visiting you. I flew in on Monday--"

"Did you have any accidents?"

"Nope. My wings got me all the way here without any trouble."

"That's fantastic. I've always wanted a pair of wings myself, you know."

"Yeah, I had to borrow mine, but it's pretty good. A bit tiring, but I made it."

"Well, I guess that's good for an introduction. Now what should we do? Should we sing? Or dance? Or maybe we could eat some of the chocolate on the chocolate tree while we're here."

"I'd say go with the chocolate. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty bad at dancing and singing. Might kill the audience."

"I've heard that killing the audience is bad for ratings. So... let's not do that."

"Brilliant idea."

*they eat chocolate*

*they look up as a muffled thud sounds from off-stage*

"Did that sound like a door falling over to you?"

"Yes! Like... the closet door that was padlocked!"

*a wingless Inspiration Fairy appears on-stage*

"Uh-oh! I think we're in really big trouble now..."

"Run! Winter's fairy is after me for stealing borrowing her wings!"

*the Curtain Falls*

This ends today's edition of the Ruby_Winter hour of Utter Insanity. Tune in next time to hear Ruby say: "It was sure dark in that closet... I'm glad your fairy let us out, Winter." (Or not. After all, I just made that up. ;)) )

*credits roll*

WinterStar as herself
ValiantArcher as herself
Meltintalle as Mel and Ruby
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Lady Courage » Aug 10, 2010 6:03 pm

*enters licking lips from eating homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream in a gluten free cone*

Libby wrote:yes, it was fun! they showed the VotDT trailer on a huge screen at the main stage for all to see! the reaction? everyone clapped every time they showed it! :D

Awesomeness!!! :D :D

yeah, I just don't like Barlowgirl. sorry

Oh no no no!!! Don't be sorry!! It's all personal preference. :D Here, to prove it, I'll say something to strike horror in your heart. :p I don't really care for Skillet. There. Now it's your turn to faint and be carried out by your narrator! :p

Seriously though, I was only teasing you. :D Everyone to their own preferences!

stardf29 wrote:Clearly, you don't know me well enough. :p

:p I guess not... But don't worry, I learn fast. :p

.... From that, I'll let you make your conclusion. ;)

OK, I've made my conclusion. :p

Meltintalle wrote:This ends today's edition of the Ruby_Winter hour of Utter Insanity.

=)) =)) I hope we get another edition of that!! Wonderful, wonderful! On with the show!! :ymapplause: :p
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Aug 10, 2010 7:38 pm

*enters*

(-| I'm tired. But today it's not from scraping (thankfully! :p )- just from chasing my younger siblings all over the house and around ;)) .

*waves to stardf29*

*giggles at the lastest Ruby-Winter Hour of Utter Insanity*

Lady Courage wrote:*Strides into square with a glass of chocolate maca milk (raw milk of course!) and sits under the chocolate tree to munch and sip*

oh lovely! I adore raw milk- can't even drink milk from the store anymore, it's tastes horrible now :p .

that lazer tag sounds like alot of fun /:) :p .

Ugh.... I sympathize with you. Have you not got Lazarus?

no I have not. I don't have Mozilla Firefox. I did, but then we changed computers. I might download it again sometime, and then I'll download Lazarus :p .

TTFN :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Benjamin » Aug 10, 2010 8:05 pm

*wanders into the square*

Well Hello my fellow Square Dwellers!

So after work today I hiked up a hill that had a ton of boulders! Huge boulders at least 45 feet tall! It was really fun!
I made a fire and sat around it and I had some wild raspberries that were growing close by, they were really good!

Alright catchup time!

*enjoys reading the time of Utter Insanity by Winter, Valiant and Mel*

Ali wrote:it was hard :p . Any others though?

Oh I'm sure there are a ton more! If I would have just watched the seasons I could come up with a lot!

maaaaaybe ;))

That sounds like your are very very unsure.....

what trait is that? Being annoying or being RIGHT? :ymsmug:

Being annoying and always thinking your right :P

yes, the copying and pasting took a while :p .

What I showed you in the PM only took me like five seconds!

no I don't! Who are you to boss me around X( ?! :ymtongue: You make spelling mistakes too!

Who am I? My name be Benjamin :P
Ah I do indeed ;))

I will :)

;)) I'm sure I will bawl then :p .

Good :)

Well it will be a happy bawl :)

yay! You are right for the next million times! :ymapplause: :D :p

:ymsmug: ;))

Liberty Hoffman wrote:Ben: hi! long time no see! how are you? did you break any more cell phones? :P lol

I'm doing great! You?
No but I'm thinking about doing it on purpose ;) This one is really annoying! Haha

--Benjamin
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnianerd » Aug 10, 2010 8:30 pm

Rides into town square on his majesty pinto, Sarge. then waves to all before dismounting

Well I thought I'd make a post in the Town Square II so that I could say I had posted in all the Squares so far. :p

Let me catch you up on my life, its been forever since we've talked.

Well I've started football again, once again I am playing line and unfortunately and a whopping one hundred and thirty pounds, five foot six and a half a foot wide at my biggest.

(other than my head which doesn't count :p) I am officially the biggest guy on my team, the only advantage; I'm not expected to run as fast as some of the smaller guys :smug:.

I missed the first week of football for teen camp, with about three hundred of the best kids I had never met before from around our church district. Made awesome new friends with whom I shall be friends with for life, mostly because we shall only see each other three times a year, not nearly long enough for them to start hating me. :D

I also went to 2010 Creation Fest East with my cousins youth group, saw Toby Mac, Newsboys, Red, Casting Crowns, Tenth Avenue North and SKILLET, ROCK ON!! Live in concert along with many other awesome bands, it was amazing stuff, and the food there, AMAZING!

Plus I got to hang out with my cousins for a whole week, something I don't often get to do. The highlight of my week (other than riding the shuttle Bus around and around the entire campground singing the barney song) was when they played the Narnia preview on the big screens, at that point I forgot all my criticism and screamed my head off "GO NARNIA!!!!" :ymblushing:

---

Ben don't break any more cell phones please, your wireless carrier along with your mother gets very angry with you. Trust me, I know from experiance. :D lol...

---

Drum roll please as I introduce a new section of Joe's Square posts... Famous and unknown bonanza quotes

"Hey, Joe, do you know the difference between a table and an ottoman?"
- Ben Cartwright
"Sure I do"
- Little Joe Cartwright
"Then take your feet off the table!"
- Ben Cartwright
"He'll never learn to do that"
- Hoss Cartwright
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 10, 2010 8:45 pm

First time I've been in here in ages. I think I recognize you all though. ;)) And not from sending testy mod PMs to you, which is always nice. ;)

I have less than two weeks of freedom left until school starts. :( I'm kind of excited and kind of not. I'll be a senior after this semester is over, which is nice. I'll also be done with my criminal justice minor, which is even nicer. It's just going to be a lot of work though.

Happened to click on PrinceCor's blog link while catching up and I now want the Eclipse score. I wonder if I should wear a disguise while buying it. I wouldn't want people to think I was buying it out of Twilight fandom. :P
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Aug 10, 2010 9:13 pm

*rubs her arms painfully*

just finished a rubber band fight with my sisters and our exchange student and man am I going to have some nice red welts tommorrow 8-| :p . I hope these don't scar, I don't think they will though b/c (thankfully!) I didn't bleed this time. Yeah last time my friends and I played with rubber bands I ended up with a nice white scar...this was two years ago /:) :p .

anyway, before the rubber band fight, we watched The Beauty and the Beast! Oh how I LOVE that movie :ymdaydream: . And of course I cried :p . The music and the ending and everything about it are so wonderful! Except the length- it felt waaay too short this time :( . But I suppose most good movies are like that :) .

catchup!

Ben wrote:So after work today I hiked up a hill that had a ton of boulders! Huge boulders at least 45 feet tall! It was really fun!
I made a fire and sat around it and I had some wild raspberries that were growing close by, they were really good!

wow sounds like fun! :)

Oh I'm sure there are a ton more! If I would have just watched the seasons I could come up with a lot!

suuuuure you could 8-| :p

That sounds like your are very very unsure.....

only a little :p . I want to know...kinda...a little...maybe ;) . No I do, tell me! ;))

Being annoying and always thinking your right :P

no I think that's you :p .

What I showed you in the PM only took me like five seconds!

so you say /:) ;) .

Who am I? My name be Benjamin :P
Ah I do indeed ;))

I know you're name! I mean who do you think you are that you have authority over me?! X( :p

yes ;))

Good :)

Well it will be a happy bawl :)

;))

ok then ;)) . So is it a happy/sad ending?

:ymsmug: ;))

:)) you know you're admitting that it's never my fault and always yours by doing this, right? :p

No but I'm thinking about doing it on purpose ;) This one is really annoying! Haha

hey at least you have a cell phone! *is jealous* :p

*waves to narnianerd*

Booky wrote:I think I recognize you all though. ;)) And not from sending testy mod PMs to you, which is always nice. ;)

I'm glad I haven't gotten one of those in a while :-s #:-s :p

Happened to click on PrinceCor's blog link while catching up and I now want the Eclipse score. I wonder if I should wear a disguise while buying it. I wouldn't want people to think I was buying it out of Twilight fandom. :P

ditto! I think I'll just get it from the library though...when there are no more holds...which means in a few months 8-| :p .

Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Considering past experiences with library materials, I'd wager by the time I got it from the library, the disc would be scratched to oblivion. They've probably had to replace their Twilight DVDs.

Oh, yeah my mod PMs have been known to cause grown men to collapse in little messy heaps and cry for their mommies all while sucking their thumbs and clutching their blankies. ;)
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Aug 11, 2010 10:40 am

Booky wrote:Considering past experiences with library materials, I'd wager by the time I got it from the library, the disc would be scratched to oblivion. They've probably had to replace their Twilight DVDs.

luckily, I've only gotten one CD that was scratched from my library. My library's pretty good at replacing stuff, although they don't get new things very often, unless it's something immensely popular. What I usually worry about it the amount of holds. I had to wait 4 months for Avatar and then the week we got it we were extremely busy and had to return it without watching it :| . The Eclipse soundtrack only has 7 holds though, with ever copy out. So I should have it in a month or so...

Oh, yeah my mod PMs have been known to cause grown men to collapse in little messy heaps and cry for their mommies all while sucking their thumbs and clutching their blankies. ;)

;)) you should see my reaction ;) .

Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Aug 11, 2010 11:46 am

comes in singing "Ode To Lord Stanley" by Hawk Nelson

Ben: I am doing good! if you didn't see my post on the previous page, I just came back from Soulfest (a Christian music festival) and it was awesome! they showed the VotDT (the first one) trailer on the huge screen at the main stage every night along with the Georgie Henley video found here http://www.operationnarnia.org !
haha, if it's bad maybe you should take another walk and throw it down a hole! =))

Ail: rubber band fight? ouch! been there done that with my old youth group! but the bast was the time when we had a Twizzler fight: we wipped each other with Twizzlers and it HURT! it also left everyone with red marks on their skin.....

I must dash!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Lady Courage » Aug 11, 2010 2:13 pm

*walks in carrying a sleepy little Italian Greyhound in her arms*

Hello everyone! Sorry I can't really wave very well, but I don't want to drop Pippin... :p

GtG wrote:oh lovely! I adore raw milk- can't even drink milk from the store anymore, it's tastes horrible now :p .

lol Same here! That stuff ain't even milk anymore! :p

GtG wrote:that lazer tag sounds like alot of fun /:) :p .

It was... Trust me... :p

GtG wrote:no I have not. I don't have Mozilla Firefox. I did, but then we changed computers. I might download it again sometime, and then I'll download Lazarus :p .

They have it for other browsers too but if you've got IE... *shudders* I don't know if they have it for that. :p I'm a web designer, and as a web designer, I can't stand Internet Explorer!!! I would highly recommend to anyone using it changing to a different one! Firefox or Opera probably. The last few updates of Firefox have been pretty stinky I admit, freezing fairly often, but it does that. Goes through a stage of not being so hot, then being awesome.
However, even with the current stinkiness, FF still beats IE design wise.
[/lecture] :p Ok, sorry...

Oh wow Ben, that sounds fun!!! I love wild berries, and the hike sounds awesome!! :D We used to have dewberries growing on our place in Texas, but the goats ate the bushes. :( Goats love berry vines...

*giggles over the "argument" over Marion and her merits/lack thereof*

*waves hard to Joe and greatly enjoys the Bonanza quote*

Booky wrote:I'll also be done with my criminal justice minor, which is even nicer.

I did not know you had a criminal justice minor, but it so totally fits you I nearly laughed aloud when I read you did... Consider me crazy if you like. ;))

Yeah, I bet... :p

GtG wrote:*rubs her arms painfully*

just finished a rubber band fight with my sisters and our exchange student and man am I going to have some nice red welts tommorrow 8-| :p .

=)) Fun fun fun!!

Oh, y'all have to check this out!!

http://www.prpbooks.com/

Get that ebook and get it now! It isn't the very best book I've ever read, but it is pretty good fantasy! I really, really enjoyed it, and now it's free! At least for a little while...
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby pogginfan » Aug 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Mortereve all! I just lost my post. :( Very depressing. ;)
Wow, Sqaure II finally! That took awhile. ;))

Mel wrote: Lake beaches. I tend to avoid them because I always get sunburn. And then I look like this: :ymblushing:

Haha, I burn too. :P Tans are usually hard to come by for me. So, as much as I hate it, I slap on the sunscreen. ;)) That’s really cool how you made the posts Elivsh. :D How do you do that (I hope it’s not some great secret ;)) )?

Ali wrote: I've been good . Tired but at least I'm happy today . Lol I LOVE that movie so much- ties with The Lion King for my favorite Disney movie, besides LWW .

Glad to hear it! :) Haha, ‘Beauty and the Beast’ and ‘The Lion King’ were my two most favorite movies when I was a little kid. I had the stuffed animals and everything. ;))

Lady L wrote: Poggy, sounds like an awesome vacation/trip. Do enjoy the exhibit!

Thank you! :) It was a really lovely beachside trip. I even woke up to see the sunrise (rare for a nightowl such as myself ;) ) on the beach which was really breathtaking. :D
Valia wrote: Hullo, pogginfan! So, how's the math and biology been going? And you've friends visiting soon? That's lovely!

They’re going well I suppose. :) I’m almost finished with them, so I’m really happy about that. :D Math is my least favorite subject so, of course, I usually end up not finishing it in the school year and having to do it in the summer. ;)) But that’s one of the best things about homeschooling!
Yes, all the way from Italy. :) I’m really excited to see them again. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder, no? :D

Valia wrote: Well, I just finished a summer class (Comp II) and recently finished an internship, as well. Now, I'm just trying to enjoy the next couple weeks off before classes start.

Good for you! Are you doing anything special in your few weeks break, or are you just taking it easy? :)

Dot wrote: *waves to pogginfan

*waves back* How’s your summer been going? :)

Auntie Jo wrote: pogginfan, how fun you get to see the Narnia Exhibit! The nearest it's coming to me is Montréal, seven hours away.
It's wonderful to hear how God is guiding you in your life, as you seek Him.

It was fun. :) It wasn’t quite as good as I expected, however. It wasn’t as advertized. A lot of the things that were in the trailer/commercial thing weren’t in the exhibit. :| It’s probably better in Montreal, though. :)
Thank you, sanctifying is a most marvelous thing! :)

Ali wrote:I'm in a weird mood and am listening to Justin Beiber...don't judge me!

:-o It must be a very weird mood to be in. ;)

Cor wrote: Yes and a little nervous. It will a totally new experience for me, being in an actually classroom with other students and having to take notes and such.

I can definitely understand your nervousness! I’ll keep you in my prayers. :)

Cor wrote: Yes, no AC is terrible in the summer. Well, I'm still here, aren't I?

Definitely. :P Fortunately, ours hasn’t broken…yet. Yes you are, and it’s quite shocking. ;)

Libby wrote: comes in yawning and rubbing her aching legs while humming "Needle And Haystack Life" by Switchfoot

That’s my favorite Switchfoot song. :D That’s so cool you got to meet them!

The AC song cracked me up, Lady Courage! :P

*applauds the Mel/Valia show* ;))

And that seems to be it. I'm off to make chocolate covered strawberries! Have a good Mortereve, Square ones!

Avy by ValiantArcher, sig by hyaline12. Thank you!
pogginfan
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Queen Susan » Aug 11, 2010 6:06 pm

narnianerd wrote:I also went to 2010 Creation Fest East with my cousins youth group, saw Toby Mac, Newsboys, Red, Casting Crowns, Tenth Avenue North and SKILLET, ROCK ON!!
:-o Wow! That sounds pretty awesome! :D

Booky wrote:I wonder if I should wear a disguise while buying it. I wouldn't want people to think I was buying it out of Twilight fandom. :P
;)) Haha! Good idea. :p Oh, and is your avatar from "Inception"? How did you like that movie? :D
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Aug 11, 2010 6:48 pm

comes in screaming the lyrics to Hawk Nelson's "Ode To Lord Stanley" and dancing about like a fool

hi! I am hyper! BANG! lol

pogginfan: yay! I love that song too! it's addicting! yeah, it was nice to meet them :D :) they were very nice and they are just as excited about VotDT as all of us on narniaweb! yay! :ymapplause: :D :D :ymhug:

I must dash!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 11, 2010 7:41 pm

*dittoes Lady C's dislike of IE*

EVUL browser program. I hated it so much when I was using it, before I learned about FF. Changed to FF a couple of years ago and never went back.

So do you think criminal justice fits me because you think I have criminal tendencies? ;))

Yep, my avvy is actually from the Inception website. I loved the movie. I keep trying to talk someone into going to it again with me, but no such luck. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for the DVD.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext