This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Town Square II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

The Town Square II

Postby Abraham Lincoln » Aug 06, 2010 7:21 am

An old, familiar melody is heard near the Ditto Town Fountain...

Grand Mortereve to one and all!

As we bid fond "farewell" to the First of Squares on this our New Adventure, we gladly welcome in the Second Addition. Many more shall surely follow.

May the chatting of friends re-commence! Enjoy your stay!

Abe nods his cricket head before beginning his song again, the music lingering in the summer air, as he disappears back from whence he came.

The Madcap Minstrel

Abraham Lincoln
Ditto Town Host

Re: Town Square II

Postby starkat » Aug 06, 2010 7:23 am

Dittos to all!

In honor of the new square I wish I had access to some of the old Ditto Town files that I have on my home computer, but alas I do not.

I hope this new square finds you all well!

Cheery Dittos to all!
starkat

Postby RubyGamgee » Aug 06, 2010 8:01 am

DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!!!

Hurrah! It's Town Square the Second in Ditto Town!!

I happen to have a bit of chit-chat to catch up on from Square the First... :)

Prince Cor wrote:RUBY!!! :ymhug: :D Glad you had a great 16th birthday and great to see you in the Square again!

COR!! It's great to see all of you too. :ymhug: How has your summer been going thus far? Do you have plans for the upcoming autumn season?

Lady Liln wrote:Ruby, sounds like you've been having a lovely summer!

Yes, indeed! Overall, how has your summer been? Good, I hope. :)

Ali wrote:Off to listen to some Owl City :) .

:D *GRIN* Nothing beats Owl City!! I read an interview with him in Christianity Today and I think it's so hilarious that he like wasn't expecting to get famous or popular at all. It's so nice to see humble artists like him. :)

Haha! I like how you listen to Justin Beiber when you're feeling weird. ;) :P I've never really listened to his stuff. I've only ever heard bits and pieces, so I won't judge you. I know a lot of people who think I'm weird, because I listen to Owl City. :P

I recall we were having a serious discussion which I never got to hear your reply to because I disappeared off the face of the Earth. :P Would you like to resume our discussion?

Hmm, so today has been a bit dull like yesterday was. I'll probably spend the majority of it finishing up the last of Karen Hancock's Legend Of The Guardian-King series. I love Karen Hancock's books!! She's a Christian author, but she has a very unique style and her allegorical books are actually good! :) And I'm a sucker for well-written fantasy.

I'll be off now!!

DITTO TO THE NEW SQUARE!!!

God bless, everyone!
blog | graphics | youtube channel
member of the Tenth Ave. North club
Keeper of the Secret Magic
1 Peter 3:15
RubyGamgee
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Courage » Aug 06, 2010 8:02 am

Mortereve all!

I very seldom drop in here, as y'all well know, but I would like to try to post more often in the sequel to the first new NW Square. There is something so very homey here, in the Square... I feel the gentle breeze welcoming me, like the hug of an old friend. It's quiet here, and the only sound to be heard is the tinkling of water from the fountain. But of course the square will soon be bustling, and though the fountain will still be heard, instead of a singing a lullaby, it will laugh with the rest of the Ditto Town Residents.

Welcome Town Square the Sequel!
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby Miss Rosario » Aug 06, 2010 8:36 am

*sigh*

Another Square. :) I will catch up later, but I just had to pop in!

Annnnnnd,

*casts out plenty of dittos for all*
Ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto
DITTO!

I have no idea how that turned out. ;)) Happy posting!
Icon by fireworks123
NW little sister to Windsong
NW twin to Rosie

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci
Miss Rosario
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Wandering Welcomer

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Aug 06, 2010 8:56 am

DITTO-ness! :D :ymparty: :p

wheee new square! And catchup already ;)) .

*waves to starkat*

Dani wrote: :D *GRIN* Nothing beats Owl City!! I read an interview with him in Christianity Today and I think it's so hilarious that he like wasn't expecting to get famous or popular at all. It's so nice to see humble artists like him. :)

;)) I know- he's incredibly humble and down to earth, and I love how he still acts totally amazed at what's happened to him and how much success he's had :) . That interview is great, I especially love the part where he says that he is shocked he has so many teenage girls for fans ;)) .

Haha! I like how you listen to Justin Beiber when you're feeling weird. ;) :P I've never really listened to his stuff. I've only ever heard bits and pieces, so I won't judge you. I know a lot of people who think I'm weird, because I listen to Owl City. :P

;)) . Hehe, well he's one of those guys that's really popular so people either hate him or love him. I'm kinda in between b/c I like him, but not his lyrics and videos so much. Lol, I get teased for Owl City too, but I LOVE him. His music really is amazing. Have you heard any of Sky Sailing?

I recall we were having a serious discussion which I never got to hear your reply to because I disappeared off the face of the Earth. :P Would you like to resume our discussion?

;)) sure. Were we still talking about relationships?

*waves to Lady Courage and Miss Ro*

TTFN :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby stargazer » Aug 06, 2010 9:12 am

Thanks, Abe, for opening the new Town Square for us! :ymapplause:

And hearty dittos to all!

Nothing beats Owl City!!

I'd not heard of him until his name began popping up here on NarniaWeb. And that's a little ironic, since Adam Young hails from a small town a little more than an hour south of here (Owatonna) - I even have some relatives who live there.

Once I catch up here on the forum it's off to find some lunch, and then I hope to get outside for a bit. Today's a little less hot and humid than recent weather has been - and the heat and soup comes back tomorrow. Tonight's sky should be clear so I may get one last chance to see the northern lights (which so far have eluded me this year).
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby johobbit » Aug 06, 2010 9:20 am

*curtsies in thanks to the musical cricket, Abe Lincoln for opening a new Town Square* Image

Will post a ketchup from the final pages of the last Square later, but for now ... *nabs some Lindor chocolate from the Chocolate Tree and looks around with pleasure at the new Square* :)

Nice to see you, Lady Courage, as well as the regular ol' and beloved veterans of the Square ... SquareOnions—Ruby, kat, Miss R, stargazer ... and (edit) GtG below!!! ;))

Yes, LC, this place is indeed warm and welcoming, aside from being a bit crazy at times (in a very good way). I hope you can drop by more often. :)

*awaits the Royal Lady Amalthea's first dump in the fountain ... with grace, of course* :ymhug:

*dives in the Ditto Pool for a refreshing swim, then clambers out to find streamers, balloons, and tables laden with food in celebration The Town Square Sequel*

Pretty dittos, Louise the First!

Likewise here, too, stargazer, we are experiencing gloriously cooler temperatures today; tomorrow as well, then the humidity returns Sunday again. :-s Tonight is supposed to be starkly clear for us (hurrah), so I, also, hope to get in some good night-sky viewing. :) Enjoy! *memories-of-the-Moot* :D

Sending cheery waves to all the upcoming Onions as well. Image

DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO

Isn't anyone taking up the "Original" side? ;))
johobbit

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Aug 06, 2010 9:22 am

*pops in quickly*

stargazer wrote:I'd not heard of him until his name began popping up here on NarniaWeb. And that's a little ironic, since Adam Young hails from a small town a little more than an hour south of here (Owatonna) - I even have some relatives who live there.

:-o you live that close to him!?!?!? LUCKY!!! Lol, it's a good thing I don't- I'd be stalking him everywhere, trying to find his house :p . Have you heard any of his music yet? It really is amazing :D .

*waves to Jo*

TTFN :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 06, 2010 9:55 am

A new Square.... Yay!!! :D :D

A catch-up post will be arriving later, but for now I just wanted to post on the first page of the new Square. :p

Ditto's to all and......

It's FRIDAY!!!!! :D :ymparty: \:D/

*Cor and Vern exit the new Square stopping by the chocolate tree as they depart*
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Djaq » Aug 06, 2010 11:31 am

*bounces in*

A new Square!?! I REALLY need to come by more often. :ymblushing: I started a ketchup post last night, but alas, I was interrupted and unable to finish it. Perhaps later. ;))

I've brought homemade cookies to celebrate the grand opening! :D ;) There are plenty for everyone.
I look forward to continuing conversations with those of you that I have been blessed to 'meet' through the past Squares and becoming better acquainted with all of you! :D

Anyway, I just wanted to say hey to everyone and that I've missed you all. :ymhug:

Until next time!

Mort'reve!

~The Absent Djaq

*bounces back out to go get ready to go to a friend's house*
When things fall apart, be glue.

Team Hoodie!!
Djaq
Moderator Emeritus
Djaq Of All Trades

Postby Queen Susan » Aug 06, 2010 11:42 am

Greetings to all!!

Homemade cookies? Ooh, delicious, Djaq!! :D

starkat: Same here; never heard of Owl City before N-web. :) N-web and facebook is where I usually hear of new music. But mostly N-web. ;))
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby Benjamin » Aug 06, 2010 8:34 pm

*enters into the new square*

Yay! A new square! happy new square to you all! ;))

Alright I'll catchup from the old and new square :)

johobbit wrote:*curtsies in thanks to the musical cricket, Abe Lincoln for opening a new Town Square* Image

That is a awesome smilie! =))

*waves to Ruby*

Ali wrote:It's kinda funny b/c I really don't like Marian, but I feel so bad for Robin

8-| Women! Why did you not like Marian?

;)) swing is cool. Reminds me of this movie we saw called Swing Kids. Soooo sad. Most WWII movies/books are :( .

WWII? Never heard of that abbreviation...

yep
Percy Jackson and the Olympians. That movie was horrific. I bought PC on DVD (when I was young and foolish ) but I will NOT buy that. It was a worse adaption than PC was, which is saying alot.

I have never read or seen any of the Percy Jackson book/movies...

;))
Eh, it was ok, I just really hated that they started playing it during the movie.
Hehe I know :ymdevil: :P
yep

Yeah it would have been better if they had but it is still a good song.
8-|

next time I have some cash that I'm not spending on CDs I will buy them .

Haha :P Relient K CDs? ;) :P

hehe I did!!!!

and a good thing. Weird people are the best .

Whatever, enjoy your fancy for now :P

Are they? *raises eyebrow*

no kidding! It would be terrible if you died that way too, but I don't think anyone in your family shoots, right?

Yeah lots of my brothers do :)

yeah, that's not what I meant. Proper respect. Good manners . Get it?

Na :| ... ;)) :P

oh fine then !

So you agreed :P And who was right? :ymtongue"

it would be rather funny .

It would ;))

that made me laugh like a hyena :P . I guess that's true...I wish we could combine elements of both their voices... *is enjoying Perfect Land* :P

Haha! =))
That would be nice :)

Oh I see. I'm glad he liked it though...any chance of him becoming a nut fanatic like us? :P

I would say that there was not... :(

eh don't feel bad. I strongly dislike those movies- you're not missing anything :P .

Good ;))

well in my defense, I just went and re-watched the episode and listened very closely and I realized I thought it was Lucas b/c Will says Lukey...see? Not my fault . And yes you should trust me- I trust you ...sometimes .

Oh I see. But of course it was your fault! What are you going to blame me again?! 8-| ;) :P
I'll consider it :P ;) ;))

Good night to you all!

*waves very heartily to Djaq before exiting*

--Benjamin
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby stardf29 » Aug 06, 2010 10:01 pm

First page! Wait, it doesn't seem like anyone cares about that anymore... oh well. :p

Whoo, first new Square-opening of the new forum!

Life is proceeding as usual. Save for a video game I'm playing that would be relatively mundane, if it weren't about a girl who gets whisked to another world through her wardrobe (now where have I heard that before?), suddenly becomes a princess (that sounds somewhat familiar too), and has to learn how to dance and win the heart of one of six princes (well, that's a bit different).

And of course, I'm playing the girl. ;)

(Did I mention that in this alternate world, the animals can talk? Hmm...)
"A Series of Miracles", a blog about faith and anime.

Avatar: Kojiro Sasahara of Nichijou.
stardf29
Moderator Emeritus
I'm on a goat.

Postby malkah » Aug 06, 2010 10:33 pm

Goooood mortereve! And hurrah for a shiny new Square! :D Dozens of DITTOS to you all!

I've been gone for too long again. Life has been utterly crazy lately. And to think, I thought I'd have more time for posting in the summer! Anyway, I've missed being in here with you all! :ymhug: A ketchup post will hopefully be coming soon, but I wanted to pop in for a moment and say hullo. :)

*waves to all Onions and happily takes one of Djaq's cookies to munch on before heading out*
the light after the storm
shows that hope was never gone

Snow After Fire graphics
malkah
Moderator Emeritus
The Invincible One

Postby daughter of the King » Aug 07, 2010 8:07 am

A nervous, but important-looking figure enters the Square. He finds a place near the Fountain, clears his throat, and addresses those gathered.
"Ladies and Gentlemen; Squirrels and Dragons; and all others who do not fall into one of those categories."
He pauses, clearly uncomfortable.
"I am the Mistress Dot's narrator."
He pauses again.
"I don't do this sort of thing very often. But Dot was unfortunately unable to come herself today as she has caught a bad cold. And so she asked me to come and greet everyone for her."
He pauses yet again.
"Oh, bother! I'm not a public speaker! I'm just a simple narrator."
He suddenly realizes he spoke his thoughts aloud and quickly composes himself.
"Mistress Dot sends her greetings, and apologizes for not being able to catchup this time. She promises she will do her best to reply to everyone as soon as she has recovered. She is also very sad that she must miss the opening of the New Town Square, but sends dittos to everyone. She would send hugs, but she doesn't want to spread her germs around and so sends smiles and waves instead."
Having delivered his message, Dot's Narrator hurries away from the Square. All of a sudden, he pauses. He has realized something. He looks around suspiciously.
"If I am the Narrator, who is speaking?"
Who indeed?
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Next