This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Town Library

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Town Library

Postby stargazer » Sep 16, 2009 9:21 am

Another nice addition, leuth! I like the way you write about Talking Beasts...it seems so Narnian. :)
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby leuthilalda » Sep 17, 2009 8:11 am

Thanks, SG. :)

And all I can say about yours and ST's latest segment is WOW! :)
Hail, Cameron Rhodes. May you always have the best mushrooms in the Shire, and keep a sharp watch out in service to King Peter.
Narniaweb Chamber Orchestra
Neutralist Party.
Defender of the Order of the Cricket
leuthilalda
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby starkat » Sep 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Nice additions everyone. :)
starkat

Postby JillPole » Sep 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Ryder's party is up. :D Hrm. Now what? Must bother co-conspirators. :D
JillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby stargazer » Sep 21, 2009 7:59 pm

Thanks for a pair of very nicely-written segments, JP. I like how we get a glimpse into Aria's and Ryder's thoughts (I don't really remember turning 25, but had some similar thoughts regarding age and lifespan when I hit 50 ;) ). And I liked the aside about Adrian's band, and Aria's thoughts regarding Ditto Town's citizens and their approach to the problem of evil. Perhaps our town is just a little too passive when it comes to evil?

And it was nice to see the VF's compound in the story again.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby starkat » Sep 23, 2009 11:09 am

*sneaks in and throws up an unplanned segment* ;)) ;;) Enjoy! Oh and Rising_Star, there's an opening in there if you want to bring your characters in to the party. :D
starkat

Postby Rising_Star » Sep 23, 2009 12:09 pm

Thanks. :) Not sure if I will or not. I'm sick at the moment and haven't had time to really work on any segments. I'll see how I do a little later.

I'm enjoying everyone's segments, though. :ymapplause:

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby JillPole » Sep 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Love, starkat, much love.

Hope you feel better soon, Rising_Star!
JillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Ryadian » Sep 25, 2009 9:16 pm

I'm not dead! :p

Okay, so here's my attempt to catch up with the story. :p The next few segments (I'm thinking at least five) are going to be primarily flashbacks back to the end of the whole Hasaré incident, plus the explanation. (Sorry, but I can't tell you when the next segments are going up. :ymblushing: I'm not in complete control over that....)

Sorry it took so long; school started up recently for me, so I haven't had much time lately. :ymblushing:
N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren
Ryadian

Postby starkat » Sep 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Thanks JP. Just a heads up, I may be prone to throwing out "unplanned" segments this time around. ;)) I also have started my setup for the main plot for my characters. If anyone else wants to hint at an Olivia that's not quite right being seen around town even when everyone knows she's gone, please feel free to do so. :D ;))

Read the following spoiler at your own risk. ;)

This Olivia who is not the correct Olivia showed up last story and will probably be the one responsible for the initial loss of their abilities. Though as you can tell, it hasn't happened yet.

Rya, that was beautifully written. I got pulled into it and couldn't get out until I'd read all the way through. :)

I've gone ahead and begun posting some of the stuff stargazer and I have been sitting on for awhile now. @};- 'gazer, I was careful and only posted a small bit so hopefully that doesn't mess up anything.
starkat

Postby JillPole » Sep 27, 2009 3:33 pm

KAT!!

...AWESOME. :D

Also, Rya, I'm so glad you're not dead. ;) :ymhug:
JillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Aravanna » Sep 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Hurray! Everyone's posts have been awesome! I love the Ditto Story. :D I think Kat's newest one takes the cake though. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Although the fact that you're collaborating with 'gazer tells me exactly what's going to happen ;) but sometimes huge surprises just aren't possible.

Rya, have you ever noticed that all your characters roll their eyes a lot? Cracks me up! I didn't see YOU roll your eyes once in KC. Anyways, I can't wait to see how this arc ends :D but
I'm wondering what good our mob of characters is going to do... A big fight scene isn't going to save PA and Evelyn from the deteriorating link. A complication? Definitely.

*sighs in contentment and can't get the smile off her face*
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby starkat » Sep 27, 2009 7:29 pm

I wouldn't say you know exactly what is going to happen Ara. :P You never know. Who says these characters are who you think they might be? ;)
starkat

Postby stargazer » Sep 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Fun stuff, Rya...even after our discussion about your story arc the other night, I'm quite interested in seeing how it all comes out in print.

Are you sure about what's coming up, Aravanna? ;)

kat, I love how the part you've posted introduces a big story arc yet remains mysterious.
stargazer

Postby Aravanna » Sep 28, 2009 10:56 am

I don't know 'gazer. I wouldn't put it past Kat, but I can't picture you using a whole new race just to throw a few suspecious fellow-authors off of the scent. ;)

Maybe I'll have to eat my words, I don't know. :p
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby stargazer » Sep 30, 2009 6:50 pm

I have been considering expanding my retinue of characters as of late. ;) :)

In the meantime, a new segment for your perusal...
stargazer

PreviousNext