This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Fountain I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Lady Shyanne

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 08, 2011 7:38 pm

Vayond: The Shadowed Hunters

"All hope isn't lost." Shyanne said, re-situating herself on the dirt floor. "Micah is still out there and he won't stop until he finds me--us." She corrected with a slightly embarrassed smile.
"No one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred and even though you want to, just try to never grow up." -Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Re: Ditto Fountain I

Postby Bother Eustace » Jan 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Micah tenaciously caught hold of the woman's mention of Lord Henrik. He knew Lord Henrik; he was Shyanne's wealthy father. "Lord Henrik? What message could you possibly--" Suddenly, gears began to turn and puzzle pieces began to fall into place. Shyanne had been captured by bandits; a message to Lord Henrik could likely be a ransom note.

Micah lifted his sword point up toward the woman menacingly. He ignored the Deja Vu-like feeling telling him he had just crossed blades with this woman's look-alike this morning. "You don't fool me. Lord Henrik's daughter was kidnapped from this very place this very day; do you think that is a coincidence? I don't. So start speaking, what do you know of her and the others!?"
"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby eustacegirl » Jan 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Edmund sighed. "If he gets here in time..."
It just all seemd so hopeless. Where was Micah?
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Lady Shyanne/Evewen

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Shyanne tried to give an encouraging smile. "He will."

~~~

Evewen inhaled sharply as Micah unsheathed his sword and pointed it at her. The blade was close enough to touch and it wouldn't take much of an effort for him to harm her with it. She lifted her hands, letting the ring dangle freely in view.

Evewen was stealthy, not strong or very brave. She had never picked up a sword in her life and the thought of having one in her face turned her stomach in knots.

"Shyanne is fine! We wouldn't harm a golden hair on her head. I swear..." The words slipped out before she could stop them.
"No one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred and even though you want to, just try to never grow up." -Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Bother Eustace » Jan 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Micah's eyes flashed with urgency when the woman admitted to knowing about the captives. "So you are one of those filthy bandits who have captured my friends!" He exclaimed. However, his train of thought was temporarily distracted as he caught sight of the shimmering ring dangling from the woman's neck. It was identical to the one Isla had given him; the one she promised he would need. The curiousity of the thing overtook him like a bewitchment. He nudged her ring with the tip of his sword, touching the cold blade to her skin. "Tell me what this is. Isla gave me one just like it this morning."
"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Evewen

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Evewen shuddered when Micah's blade touched her skin, however, her mind was on the rings. Without giving it a second thought, she slowly reached for her ring, not wanting him to take it. "Show it to me."

An alarming look came into her eyes; it wasn't one of greed or a desire for more, but rather one of desperation.
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Bother Eustace » Jan 08, 2011 8:21 pm

Micah noticed the sudden change in her at the mention of the ring. She was clearly very interested in it; could he use it as leverage? "Why should I show it to you?" He growled. "You've already got one."
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Evewen

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Evewen's eyes narrowed. "If you do not give me the ring, I will make sure your friends do not make it through the night. And if you kill me now, the letter will never be delivered and they will still die. Either way, you lose. Give me the ring." Evewen said the words in a slow, demanding tone.
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Bother Eustace » Jan 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Micah loved the reaction he was getting out of her; it meant that he truly had some leverage now. If she was willing to threaten him while he held a sword to her throat, then the rings must be very important.

He paused a moment, as if considering her words. Finally, he shook his head. "No, I don't think so. You see, what you don't realize is that my friend--" here he nodded to Telwyn, "--is an expert tracker. Even if I kill you now, she can lead me to your camp. So, as you can see, I have very little reason to let you live, let alone give in to your demands. So you are the one in the losing position."

He drew a long breath before continuing, letting the woman consider everything he'd said so far. "However, I have a better proposition for you. Suppose, if you will that rather than dying by my blade, you decide instead to help me rescue my friends. I'm sure the job wouldn't be to hard for you, being a bandit yourself. If you did that, then maybe I could arrange for this ring to become yours." As he spoke, he used his free hand to open the pouch and finally reveal the twin ring that Isla had given him, holding it out of her reach. "How does that sound?"
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Evewen

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Evewen stared at him while he spoke. She considered his proposition, knowing all the while just how dangerous it was. When he finally revealed the ring, she exhaled. Never had both rings been so close within her reach. She had begun to doubt others existed, but here was proof that they did.

"What you ask of me not only puts my own life in danger, but also the lives of your friends and you." She looked up at him. "Are you prepared to deal with that?"
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Warrior Of Narnia » Jan 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Jarien and Adi were thrown in the pit with the others. The girls and Edmund made themselves comfortable, or not so comfortable, as the situation was.

As for the couple, they also found a spot, in the shadows, near to one side of the entrance, and sat. Adi sat right next to Jarien, his arm around her, her head tucked into his neck. She wasn't crying, but the past day had taken it's toll on her. She cuddled against him and was silent.

He listened to the others chat, taking in what they said, listening as Susanne talked about what she knew of the hunters, and Shyanne about running away.

He looked at them all... it seemed that everyone had an interesting story. He and Adi were just simple farmers... He finally spoke, quietly so as not to disturb his girlfriend, "Adi and I live outside of the village, I farm and she keeps the house. We were to be married this fall, after the harvest." he stroked her hair. She had fallen asleep. He whispered, "Adi left Micah a note at the cave... he'll know we were taken by bandits."
"We are Spartans... impossible is what we do."

NW Family:
Daughter - Elanor
Sisters - LON (RL), Chloe, Rosie
Aunt - Violetfirecrazed
Niece - georgiefan1
Warrior Of Narnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lady Courage » Jan 09, 2011 9:36 am

Telwyn did hear the sound of the horse and was on her way to the cave before Micah beckoned. She grinned at him approvingly though for making sure she was heading for a hiding place.
Silently she watched him draw his sword, then out of the blue (to her) call out an odd name to the woman. She raised an eyebrow.

When he stepped out a little further to continue talking to the stranger, Telwyn came to the mouth of the cave and leaned against the wall, eyeing the woman closely. At the mention of Lord Henrik, she shifted slightly and raised an eyebrow again. The whole blade-to-the-neck-oh-please-don't-hurt-me thing though made her laugh in that silent way of hers.

When Micah called her "friend" and gestured to her, then she really started laughing and waved cheerily to the woman.

The woman gave Micah a warning, however and before Micah had made up his mind about it, Telwyn interjected, "I agree with her. Seems like it would be safer all around if we just killed her and went on with the rescue by ourselves." The corners of her lips twitched as she said this.
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby Bother Eustace » Jan 09, 2011 11:44 am

Micah backed Telwyn's remark with an unwavering glare toward the bandit, as if he were just about ready to run her through. However, be it mercy or weakness, he had no intention of killing a young unarmed woman, bandit or not. He knew it would do know good to let her know that, though. So long as her life was in mortal peril, he had power over her.

“Our lives are already in danger,” he finally answered her, in a dark tone, and then flicked his sword slightly to remind her it was there. “And so is yours. So, yes, I am prepared to deal with what will come. Now will you help or not?” He watched her eyes carefully, which were expressive and did little to hide her thoughts. He could tell she wanted the ring; and he could tell that she was considering the deal.
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Evewen

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 09, 2011 11:54 am

Evewen looked at Telwyn and sneered, "You would never last a moment within my camp. They would tear you to pieces before you even attempted to locate your friends."

She looked at Micah, "I will do it, but if you do not give me the ring when I have done as you asked, you will regret it."
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Courage » Jan 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Telwyn laughed rather ominously, "You'd be surprised..." she muttered, her eyes glinting darkly for a brief moment.
But she waited for Micah's reply without a sign of which way she would choose herself, her eyes fixed on him with a very strange, almost child-like curiosity.
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby Bother Eustace » Jan 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Micah chuckled. "You're in no position to threaten me, thief. But I promise you will have your ring - and you will make sure that we aren't torn to pieces, or you will be the one with regret."

-------

Tristan put some cold pieces of meat and a large loaf of bread into a basket and brought it to the pit, as per Sephora's orders. Groban was guarding the pit; he looked at Tristan's basket suspiciously.

"Food for the noisy bunch," Tristan remarked, handing the basket to the large rogue. He glanced down into the prison at the captives, while Groban lowered the basket in. "We wouldn't want them to go hungry; that wouldn't be hospitable at all."
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext