This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Fountain I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

"Swift Falcon"

Postby Reepissweet » Jan 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Vayond: The Shadowed Hunters

Falcon stood watching Isla get more and more worked up over the situation. “Perhaps we should rest for the night, it would be foolish to rush into such a thing as this.” Falcon said, “don’t worry, I promise we will dedicate tomorrow for what you wish to do. Come now, let’s go, perhaps Tabitha will give us a place to stay.”
"Lot's of Planets have a North!" ~ The Doctor
Reepissweet
NarniaWeb Nut

Evewen/Lady Shyanne/Isla/Madam Sephora

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 09, 2011 12:26 pm

"We will have to wait." Evewen said, inhaling and hoping Micah would remove the sword form her throat. She looked up through the trees. "For a few hours, it seems. Unless my camp decides that tonight is a night of celebration. Then we will have to wait longer."

~~~

Shyanne jumped when the wooden grate above them opened. She recognized one of the faces of the bandits as he lowered some food down.

Her stomach growled at the scent of the meat and she realized just how hungry she was.

~~~

Isla looked up at Falcon, holding her hand out to take the letter from him. She couldn't deny she was exhausted and the weather was beginning to take an ill turn. "Maybe we can ask Tabitha who the man was. She may know, if he lived in this town."

~~~

Sephora added a little more tea to her mug and looked at Quill. "Well, Quill, dearest, you did very well today. You have improved very much. I think, perhaps, you will not be on guard duty tonight. You may take your leave to have a full night's rest. We have a big day tomorrow, you know..."
"No one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred and even though you want to, just try to never grow up." -Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Re: Ditto Fountain I

Postby Bother Eustace » Jan 09, 2011 12:49 pm

Micah's eyes narrowed as he searched her eyes. Finally, he lowered his sword a bit and motioned toward the cave. "Come inside. We'll wait till twilight, and then move out."

Now I have two mysterious women that I have to keep an eye on, he thought to himself, noting Telwyn's usual grin, as though humored by everything.

-------

Tristan kneeled by the grate, looking the prisoners over. "I hope you enjoy the meal; I picked it out myself, specially for you. Let me know if there's anything else you need," he said with a sarcastic tone and grin, taunting and goading them. He found humor in situations such as this; annoying people was a favorite pastime of his. After watching them for a few moments, he chuckled and walked away from the pit. It was nearing dusk now; he wanted to get some rest tonight.
"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Evewen/Lady Shyanne

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 09, 2011 1:03 pm

Evewen walked toward the cave and entered. She found a rock and sat on it. Her eyes glanced around the cave and finally landed on the two knives stuck in the log and the message by them. She shook her head, smiling to herself.

She looked at Micah. "Tell me what you know about Isla."

~~~

Shyanne frowned. "I don't like that man." She chuckled lightly as she realized everyone present probably shared her view of him.
"No one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred and even though you want to, just try to never grow up." -Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Courage » Jan 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Telwyn arranged herself coolly in a stretched out position, near the mouth of the cave. Indeed, she was laughing again, though at what was a little hard to tell. With her cloak draped over her like a blanket, she looked for all the world like a kid by a campfire, nestled in to listen to a story for the night. She made no interruption, but listened to the ensuing conversation with apparent curiosity.
Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson
Lady Courage
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: With De_De, Libby and Lu, exploring Narnia with Frodo in Obi-Wan's spaceship. :D

Postby Bother Eustace » Jan 09, 2011 1:42 pm

Micah took a seat in the cave which afforded him view of the bandit,the cave entrance, and Telwyn all at once. He didn't like the way that the thief demanded he tell her what he knew of Isla; but he had to admit he was curious about the connection himself. "I know very little, it seems. I only just met her in town this morning. She tried to kill me - and I must say, she defends herself a lot better than you do. She is your sister?" He asked the question, though he was sure the answer had to be 'yes'. It was nearly impossible for two people to look that similar unless they were identical twins.
"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Evewen

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Evewen nodded. "Twin sister, yes, though I haven't seen her in about 10 years. I was beginning to think she was dead, actually..."

"Isla was always a strong woman, no matter what she went through. She was one of the few bandits that had the courage to stand up to my mother, however, she was banished just as soon as she did. She joined my father at sea, but was later marooned due to a few different things my father disagreed with. My father found both of the rings. He gave one to my mother because he knew apart the rings were less valuable. Together, they're worth so much more. I caught wind of what the rings were for during a visit with my father when he came to port. Since Isla was a constant member of the ship's crew, before she was marooned, I told her to find it. She did and she managed to find the ring before she was forced to leave my father's ship." Evewen took a breath, but continued, "I've looked all over to my sister, but she was no where to be found and my mother isn't exactly thrilled to know that I was searching for Isla."

"I'm just glad to know that she's alive..." She looked at Micah. "But why did she give you the ring?"
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby lover of narnia » Jan 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Vayond: The Shadowed hunters

The smell of warm food made Susanne's stomach rumble. She looked upon the tray being lowered down with hungry eyes. She tried hard to remembered the last time she had eaten, but at this time couldn't recall. She observed the others trapped with her and noted that they too all looked starved. After the plate had been lowered and the bandit had left, she waited for the others to get their food before she took hers.

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Lady Shyanne

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Shyanne was waiting her turn, but it seemed that everyone else was too. Finally, she pulled the tray towards her and picked up the loaf. She broke it into equal pieces and passed them around.

Shyanne had expected the bread to be hard and stale, but it wasn't. It was moist and flavorful. The meat was cold, but it still tasted good.
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Bother Eustace » Jan 10, 2011 6:18 pm

It was obvious now that the woman greatly coveted these rings, though Micah had no idea why. They must have some ascribed value other than their intrinsic worth. "I honestly have no idea why she gave me the ring. She merely said I would need it later." A strange feeling hit him as he spoke those words; for here he was, two hours later, finding the ring very useful indeed. "Your sister is a mysterious sort. Must be a family trait?"
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Evewen

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 10, 2011 6:27 pm

Evewen chuckled, "It comes from my father's side."

"Isla's always been a bit odd, but she was an excellent playing piece in our thieving game. She knew some things before they would happen." She motioned to the ring, "Which is probably what happened when she gave you the ring."
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Bother Eustace » Jan 11, 2011 4:24 pm

Micah gave the woman a skeptical look. "You mean to tell me, your sister knows the future?" The fact that she had predicted his need of the ring was very coincidental, but Micah could hardly believe the woman had some sort of precognitive power that allowed her to sense future events. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time he'd encountered strange, seemingly unnatural occurrences.

He shook his head, unwilling to give the subject thought now. "Whether she does or not, I've got a fairly good idea of 'what-is-to-come' as well. My friends and I have enemies, powerful ones. The longer we wait, the closer they come." His eyes darted toward the cave entrance, scanning the woods outside as if expecting to see them now. "And I can tell you this, if they track us to your clan... things won't go well for us or your people, I guarantee it. So, as you can see, it's in the best interest of all of us that we get out of here as soon as possible." He let his warning sink in, to give the woman a sense of the urgency upon their actions tonight.
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Evewen

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 11, 2011 8:06 pm

"It's hard to describe, actually." Evewen took a breath. "The first time it happened, she nearly fainted. She said it left her tired and drained and she hoped it never happened again. It did, of course. She cannot really see the future, but only certain things of the future. She must have seen the ring in your future. It's the only explanation why she would give it to you. Either that, or she has forgotten its importance."

Evewen glanced towards the cave entrance. "A few more hours and we shall go."
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby eustacegirl » Jan 12, 2011 7:28 am

Edmund took his food, not caring what it would taste like out of hunger. He chuckled at Shyanne's comment about Tristan. "He had all his men pointing swords at me," he said ruefully.
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby lover of narnia » Jan 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Susanne took her portion of bread and meat, and then huddled into the shadows to eat it. It tasted so very good and after she had finished her stomach craved for more, but she knew that was impossible. The others needed to eat just as much as she.

As the darkness outside faded into a solid twilight, her eyes began to grow heavy. Sleep nagged at her mind and she curled up on the floor. Despite the coarse dirt beneath her she found herself fading into a light slumber....

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Isla/Madam Sephora/Lady Shyanne/Evewen

Postby Chloë Máiréad » Jan 12, 2011 7:56 pm

Isla gave the door a sharp knock and then pulled her coat closer. A few moments later, the door swung inward and a woman with rosy cheeks greeted them. "Isla! Falcon!" She rubbed her arms against the chilly air and said, "Please, come in. It's cold out there."

Isla and Falcon entered the small abode. The inside of the house was warm and the lingering smell of dinner hung in the air. "Tabitha," Isla began, "we're very sorry to bother you, but we had a few questions..."

"About the inn, you mean?" Tabitha asked as she took Falcon's coat. "I won't be able to tell you much, but I hope it'll be enough."

"Anything is enough." Isla said, smiling and removing her coat. She hung it by the door and sat in the seat that Tabitha motioned to.

"Can I get you some food? Water? Tea?" Tabitha asked, moving toward the small kitchen.

"I'll take some tea." Isla said.

Tabitha got a mug of tea for Isla, Falcon and herself. "My husband is trying to survey the damage at the inn. He says it's very bad. I haven't been over there myself in quite a few days."

"What exactly happened?" Isla asked, taking a sip of the hot tea.

Tabitha took a deep breath and began to tell them the tragic tale.

~~~

Sephora dumped the last few sips of her tea into the fire and set the mug next to the stones that surrounded the firepit. "Well, I'm off to bed. I feel quite drained."

She let out a sharp whistle. "Head to bed, gents and ladies. We have a big day tomorrow." After giving the command, she walked toward her own tent.

~~~

Shyanne leaned her head against the wall. She was tired and worn out. It didn't take her long to succumb to sleep.

~~~

A few hours had passed; the sky was now completely dark. Most of the minutes had been spent in awkward silence, but for Evewen they seemed to go by very fast.

She looked at Micah. "Time to go."
Chloë Máiréad
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext