This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Town Square II

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Town Square II

Postby Kingskid » Aug 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Awe dang....I was going to start this post by saying happy birthday...and I don't know who that was going to be directed to.:(:P
Good mortereve everyone. I hope that y'all are doing well this rainy evening.

First week of school went well. Looking forward to a semester just as good or better.
One essay done for English.
Chem reading done.
Bio reading gonna be done.
Good times with friends.
Pretty good food. But not my moms.

And oh, loking there, the rain has left..sorta.
Alright, just wanted to say hey to everyone. I hope that ya'll have a great mortereve.
God Bless,

kingskid
They did drugs and they're all dead.
I went hunting and I'm still Ted-Ted Nugent
James 1:19-20"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God
Kingskid
Moderator Emeritus
Blessed Birthday Hunter (BC)

Postby Miss Rosario » Aug 15, 2010 5:23 pm

Oh, the joy of losing a Town Square post. (Yes. I know. Lazarus.) And oh the joy of having your internet shut down.

But, I see that only several pages have gone by. Thank you all for your thoughtfulness--I know it was intentional. ;)

*returns Ben's wave* I'm doing well, thanks--trying to survive the humidity. You?
Oh, and btw... I think I saw you on facebook the other day. You're friends with my sister.

That sounds like a thunderstorm, QS. Five couples? Wow! I'm glad everything has been going well so far. :)
I've been all right. School starts in a week, so... I'm trying adjust my summer "schedule" to a more religious one. :p As in, getting more sleep mainly.
And yuck, has it ever been humid around here! My hair is indicating its disapproval very clearly.

Well, I like the winter as well as the water, Stargazer. Even better. ;) I don't think any winter temperature can be worse than the mugginess of humidity. And besides, I love snow. (A white Christmas is a true Christmas.)
Mm. Mountains and snow combined are wonderful.

DotK: Ahh. I see. I was imagining something more along the lines of, "Moo, oink, bellow, snort"--or whatever sounds a moose would make. ;)

I'm a bit sick, too. That has more to do with the fact that I forgot to eat for about two days, though.

Glenstorm: Oh? Well, friends would improve the job quite a lot. And, I'm FINALLY finished with my part of the painting. Yippee! :p

Oh! To you and ~LL~ (squiggles included!): I bought Mi Mancherai from iTunes the other day. It's beautiful! The two of them together was almost enough to make me die and go to heaven. :p

The talking paint glob, Cor? *huffs indignantly, and waves at the two figures from across the Square* ;)

Thank-you! I think I like the new color as well; it's the only one that remotely matched my avatar anyhow.

Heh, Stardf, sounds like an... er... interesting game. ;) *chuckles*

Liberty: Well, I don't love Barlow Girl, but I do enjoy some of her music. And that was a smart escape. ;)) I probably would do the same for Toby Mac. *hurtles up a tree for refuge* I know, I know... I'm insulting many fans. But I just.. don't like his music. ;) (I actually had the chance to attend a concert of his yesterday afternoon, but didn't.)

LadyGrace: I like the Ode to the Air Conditioner! Hehe. :) So true, so true.

*enjoys the new rendition of the Ruby-Winter Hour of Utter Insanity* ;))

Oh wow, it's Joe. Good to see you again--with Sarge.

*waves to Booky* Nice to see you in here as well. And.. I don't think I've received a "testy mod PM" from you. Not any I can remember, anyway.

Booky wrote:Oh, yeah my mod PMs have been known to cause grown men to collapse in little messy heaps and cry for their mommies all while sucking their thumbs and clutching their blankies. ;)

This gave me a fit of helpless laughter. ;)) Thank-you for curing my stomach ache.

*really needs to see Inception*

Glad school's been good so far, Kk! I start next week.

Oh, that reminds me: Happy birthday, Bella! :ymhug:
Icon by fireworks123
NW little sister to Windsong
NW twin to Rosie

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci
Miss Rosario
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Wandering Welcomer

Postby Benjamin » Aug 15, 2010 7:37 pm

*comes into the square*

Hey everyone!
Wow, the Square has been a bit slow lately!

So yesterday after work, me and some of my friends went hiking up a big hill to a boulder field and we camped there! Like hard core camping! We each had a blanket/quilt or a sleeping bag (but the sleeping bags did not zip up!), and no pillows ;)) . Anyway it was a ton of fun! And we came back down this morning.
Then at 1 o'clock my brothers and some friends helped out with bailing hay and then stacking them! It was so tiring! #:-s
And now I'm here doing catchup! ;))

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bella! I hope your day was fantastic!

Liberty Hoffman wrote:wow! today was awesome! we were eating hot dogs outside with some of the people in my church. my dad had a hot dog and a bee landed on it. he didn't notice and took a bite. he ate the bee and the bee stung the inside of his mouth! :-o that was weird..... UNDERSTATEMENT! :P

Oh wow! That is crazy!

Miss Rosario wrote:
*returns Ben's wave* I'm doing well, thanks--trying to survive the humidity. You?
Oh, and btw... I think I saw you on facebook the other day. You're friends with my sister.

I'm doing good! I'm glad I'm not in the humidity! Right now as you may know I'm in Colorado at about 9000 ft elevation.
Oh really would that be Princess Rosario? By her Narniaweb name :) Do you have a FB as well?

Okay talk to you all later :)

--Benjamin
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby stargazer » Aug 15, 2010 9:27 pm

Good mortereve, Square Onions!

Happy Birthday Bella! Hope you enjoyed your day.

The heat and humidity finally broke here today, and this evening I enjoyed a backyard campfire and stargazing session with friends. :) Naturally, there were S'mores.

Benjamin wrote:...me and some of my friends went hiking up a big hill to a boulder field and we camped there! Like hard core camping! We each had a blanket/quilt or a sleeping bag (but the sleeping bags did not zip up!), and no pillows...I'm glad I'm not in the humidity! Right now as you may know I'm in Colorado at about 9000 ft elevation.

Sounds lovely! I really enjoyed my camping experiences in Colorado (at Rocky Mountain National Park). It was hot, but the lack of humidity really helped.

Did you get cold camping up there, or did it stay warm? 9000 feet is pretty high up...the air is a bit thin up there. But I bet the stars were glorious, if you had clear skies!

Miss Rosario wrote:Well, I like the winter as well as the water, Stargazer. I don't think any winter temperature can be worse than the mugginess of humidity. And besides, I love snow. (A white Christmas is a true Christmas.)...Mountains and snow combined are wonderful.

A hearty 'ditto'! ;) Now that we've had a break from the humidity, people are starting to talk about the upcoming fall and winter (after all, we're now less than a month away from the start of the possible snow season).

We almost always have a white Christmas here. Now if we just had some mountains to go with it... ;))
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby Benjamin » Aug 15, 2010 9:39 pm

stargazer wrote:Sounds lovely! I really enjoyed my camping experiences in Colorado (at Rocky Mountain National Park). It was hot, but the lack of humidity really helped.

Did you get cold camping up there, or did it stay warm? 9000 feet is pretty high up...the air is a bit thin up there. But I bet the stars were glorious, if you had clear skies!

Yeah it is great camping up here! It does!
It was cold at night but we had a great big fire till we fell asleep.
OH MY WORD! THEY WERE SO BEAUTIFUL! It was perfectly clear! Amazing!

--Benjamin
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby PrinceCor004 » Aug 16, 2010 9:59 am

*Cor and Vern enter the Square discussing the delicious ice cream they had last night*

Mortereve all! Well, I'm afraid I've let three or four pages go by without making a post.... BUT, I have been stopping by and reading everyones posts. :)

I hope everyone is having a decent Monday.... even if it is Monday.

*The Prince and Dragon take their seats by the fountain after acquiring from chocolate from the chocolate tree*

Ketchup time! :p

--------------------------------------------

@ Ali. I'm glad you made it for me. Becca was the only other person that gave my request a shot. :-??

From what I've seen it's a good show. A bit cheesy at times, but overall a fun show. Eh, I see. :ymsigh: Well, I hope you can see some of it sometime. :)

Wow, two extreme opposites in soundtracks, there. ;)) *recommends checking out Stargate, Legends of the Fall and The Last Airbender* ;) :)

*bypasses waving.... again* :p

Thank you! Thank you! I'm nearly up to my next ranking!! :D Just 200 more posts.... *crosses fingers*

@ Stardf. How.... quaint. I think I'll stick with simply letting you tell us about this game and save my money for other ventures. ;)

@ LC. Mmhmm, though I prefer to think of it as a bage of honor. It shows I have posted a ton on NW and that I'm a loyal NWebber. :D Or that I really need to get a Life.... :-\ :p

@ Mel. Wow..... just, wow. =)) We expect a second edition of your show, you know?

@ Booky. I have exactly one week of freedom left before my first semester starts. :( *sigh* I'm both looking forward to and dreading starting college. At least it will be a new experience.

*is quite pleased to hear his blog influenced helped someone to decide and buy a soundtrack*

@ Poggy. Thank you very much, Poggy. :)

Well, hopefully ya'lls will not breakdown. "An AC is a terrible thing to break" :p
Oh dear, I hope I haven't scared too many people off then..... ;)

@ Dot. Glad to hear you're getting better, though hate to hear you have an ear infection and bronchitis. :( Not fun at all, those two.... :|

@ Fanny. Thanks! I would like to do more online courses later, but then again I might really enjoy the classroom setting and decide to stick with regular classes. In other words, I'm not sure at this point.

There was one time we got stuck in the middle of one huge thunderstorm on our way back from Nashville. Not fun at all.

@ Rose. Well, you were the one talking about it to begin with!! [-( ;) *walks from across the Square and hands Rose a piece of chocolate* Forgive and forget? :o3

Welcome! Heh, I've never tried to get a font color to match my avatar. Back goes with anything. :p

And.... a late HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Bella!!! :ymhug: :D :ymparty: \:D/

followed by...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jojo!

-------------------------------------------

Alright, I think that covers everything. Well, I'm off until a later time.

Talk with all of you later!

*Cor and vern exit the Square*
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby NarniaNut95 » Aug 16, 2010 10:12 am

Mortereve all!

Well, I leave the Square for a week, and suddenly you all are more than five pages into a brand new Square! :D Been real busy lately, and I've missed the Square. Today I started school! That'll make things 10 times more busy, however, with a well-structured day, I should be able to make time for NarniaWeb every day! :D

So, catching up...

From the old Town Square:

LL wrote:It is indeed to soon to think of that. ;) But, I can tell you the answer. :p Classes begin on August 23. :( :p
It's always too soon to think about school, eh? What year are you now? :)

LL wrote:No, elven. It's because I made a typo a few pages back of leaving an "e" out of eleven. Mel turned a few posts into an elven font and it looked quite pretty. :)
Ah, my mistake!

Ali wrote:Don't tell me anything about Guy! I don't know anything about him. I'm almost done with the season though... :D

Yeah it's really hard for me to do that. It's like, if they're going to name their movie after a book, try to make it the same story, ok? /:) :p
Ok, ok, no spoilers. I love spoilers, though, so when you finish the season, you can let me know more about it. :) EDIT: I see later on you posted some spoilers about the end of the season. I knew everything you mentioned except that Robin marries Marion before she dies. That's neat! Still deciding whether or not I want to see Season 2, and I definitely don't want to see Season 3!

lol, I see what you mean, and, like I said, I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for thinking that way. That's why I love pogginfan's sig. ;)) Anyway, I still have high hopes for VDT, especially because of the new director and largely new crew.

Ben wrote:*waves back to Micah* Good to see you as well! How is life for you?
Life's going well, thanks! Like I said at the top, school started for me today. When does it start for you?

From the new Town Square:

stardf wrote: that would be relatively mundane, if it weren't about a girl who gets whisked to another world through her wardrobe (now where have I heard that before?), suddenly becomes a princess (that sounds somewhat familiar too), and has to learn how to dance and win the heart of one of six princes (well, that's a bit different).
Eek, don't mention that last bit, or the next remake of LWW will include that. :-s

stardf wrote:From that, I'll let you make your conclusion. ;)
Ah, you must hate it! ;))

F2 wrote:Heh, yes! We have about six or seven episodes left now, but we're still working through it. ;))

How has life been for you? Do you resume your scholastic activities soon? (Or rather, when does school begin for you?)
This may shock you, but since we've talked last, we got Season 5 and have watched the whole thing! :-o ;))

Life's well! School started today! Life's less well! ;)) How about for you? (It's impossible to judge ages on the internet, but you strike me as college-aged or older.)

Well, have a fantastic day, all! I shall try to frequent the Square daily! Mortereve!
Av\Sig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.
NarniaNut95
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby AJoanna » Aug 16, 2010 11:03 am

*drags herself into the square on her last official day of summer*

I might as well post now, because my life is about to get a whole lot more busy. ;) School starts tomorrow, along with v-ball practice, so I won't be getting home until almost six... which is not ideal, but oh well. I guess I'll survive. It'll just take some getting used to. I'm actually looking forward to school though, my inner nerd has been lying dormant all summer. :p Except, of course, for the reading voraciously part. If that even counts as nerdiness... Most of my friends think so, but I refuse to count reading as a nerdy activity. Unless, of course, I'm reading comic books, or books on quantum theory and such. Now that would be.... :-B.

Speaking of books, I've been reading Megan Whalen Turner's books. (Is there an official name for her series about Attolia/Eddis/Eugenides?) I wasn't sure I would like them, so I just borrowed them from the library, and I really, really liked them. I haven't read Conspiracy of Kings yet though, because unfortunately it hasn't come in yet. But the first three are really awesome. I actually read all three over again I liked them so much. ;))

And now for some ketchupping from about four pages ago... :ymblushing:

@Libby, Yes, I should technically have my license but my dad is a money freak and won't pay for the insurance... And since I can't get a job right now... a license is not in my near future. :|

MissR wrote:That makes perfect sense, Joanna (can I call you that?). My exact feeling!

Yes, you can call me that. I'm pretty flexible with nicknames. ;) And I'm glad the whole summer/school thing made sense to you. I was hoping it would makes sense to someone when I posted it... it was kind of late when I said it, so I wasn't even sure it made sense. :p

GtG wrote:*GREAT SADNESS!!!* :(( :p I didn't really like the show at first, and there are still some things I really don't like, but overall I think it's awesome :D . Snake thing? :-\

Um... yeah, the part where he was dangling over a giant pit of snakes... I mean, seriously?! That was the point where my sister and I decided that liking Robin Hood was definitely not in our future. :)

Lady Courage wrote:Oh I love that album too!!! We saw them in concert not too long ago. There was a pretty big free Christian concert very near where we live. Sadly, the only artist there we were interested in was Sanctus Real... But I LOVE "Lead Me" too!!! Such a wonderful song...

Oooh, lucky!!
It's so annoying going to concerts where you only like one of the artists. Especially when you're not sure exactly what time the one you like is going to play, so you have to sit in misery for hours. :| Not fun.

Hmm, I should probably catch up some more, but I have to start laundry. X(

So, goodbye for now. TTYL.

Oh, and football season starts in three weeks!! :ymparty:

Signature by enigmaffliction
AJoanna
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Aug 16, 2010 12:26 pm

comes in grinning and humming the theme music from the movie "Extraordinary Measures"

hi! I just saw the movie "Extraordinary Measures" (Brendan Fraser, Harrison Ford) and I really like it! I would highly recommend it!

Miss Rosario: haha, it's alright :P but ack! :D why don't you like Tobymac!? aw.....have you ever seen him live? he's amazing live! I have seen him live 5 times now!

Ben: yeah, it was weird! my pastor couln't stop laughing for a few minutes..... :D

I must dash!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Miss Rosario » Aug 16, 2010 3:01 pm

*sigh* Enjoy that Colorado weather, Ben! ;) Yup, PR's my sister. And yup, I have an FB account.

Like you really had to remind of that.... :|
All right. How can I resist the chocolate and puppy eyes?

Hehe, yes. I just had the impulse to try something different. (Until I change my avatar that is).

School's already started for you, Nick? Ehh. I start next week. *grimace*

Nope, Liberty, never have.
Icon by fireworks123
NW twin to Rosie

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci
Miss Rosario
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Wandering Welcomer

Postby Benjamin » Aug 16, 2010 3:06 pm

*plops down on a bench*

Hey all!

So I just got back from work! Got off early today because of rain and also because My Dad and I and some of my siblings are going to the airport to pick up my Mom and my sister who were in Tennessee.
They went to Tennessee because one of our good friends is a doctor and my sister was having some trouble that we could not figure out. It turns out that there was a kind of growth on her ovary. So she had to have surgery and then right when they took out the growth (which was the size of an avocado!) they had it tested to see if it was cancer but thank God it was not! If it had been her ovary would had to have been taken out!

So anyway a little catchup before I go.

NarniaNut95 wrote:
Life's going well, thanks! Like I said at the top, school started for me today. When does it start for you?

Good! Oh really, nice. Well my schooling does not have a starting and stopping time ;)) When I have the time I do school (and if I'm not too lazy [-( ) :) .

Miss Rosario wrote:*sigh* Enjoy that Colorado weather, Ben! Yup, PR's my sister. And yup, I have an FB account.

I will! ;))
Oh cool :)

Liberty Hoffman wrote:Ben: yeah, it was weird! my pastor couln't stop laughing for a few minutes..... :D

Haha! That is pretty funny! Though it had to hurt so bad! :-ss ;))

Alright I'm going to go now! See you all later!

--Benjamin
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby RubyGamgee » Aug 16, 2010 7:24 pm

*comes in humming Owl City's "If My Heart Was a House"*

I am very happy right now, because I just received a letter in the mail from a very dear friend. And it was a nice long letter, the kind you sit reading while munching on an apple, and the kind of letter that's honest and gives you a nice big picture of what your friend is up to.

I like getting letters. They are so much more heart-warming than emails or anything of the sort. And they are a whole lot more meaningful, because they take a bit more effort.

And I have a lot more fun writing them. :)

Anyway, to all the dear folks on NarniaWeb, I am sad to say I don't have time for catch up just yet. But I promise to come back soon and reply to all of my chatty-chats. :) If you're wondering what I'm up to, I believe I recently posted an updatish sort of post on my blog.

Well, to be brief about my day, I started school. And I have school tomorrow (of course) which means I have to get to bed at a reasonable time tonight, hence why I cannot stay up late and write a nice long post.

But I hope you all have been having a good week!

I hopefully will be back soon to write you all a catch-up and read all of the fun posts. Winty showed me Mel and Valia's Ruby-Winter show!! I loved it! You guys are hilarious. I'll have to figure out how to get out of that closet...

Anyway, I hope you two (Mel and Valia) had a fun time together. :) It sounds like you had a blast hogging our somewhat desolate stage. :P

Well, goodnight for now and God bless! :ymhug:
blog | graphics | youtube channel
member of the Tenth Ave. North club
Keeper of the Secret Magic
1 Peter 3:15
RubyGamgee
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 17, 2010 1:14 am

*enters the Town Square while engaging in a great and terrible battle against the dark forces at work on his Pandora station who are busily trying to sneak Jeremy Camp and Chris Tomlin in amongst Lifehouse, Skillet, and Relient K*

I've been trying to banish Jeremy Camp since I created this station, but he just won't leave. Now Chris Tomlin is sneaking in. X( They're like musical Terminators or something. Or Borg drones. Maybe that's why their songs keep popping up, they infect nearby songs in the queue and convert them into their likeness.

*is rather proud of himself for remembering how to spell queue*

Late happy birthday to Bella!

Miss Rosario wrote:*waves to Booky* Nice to see you in here as well. And.. I don't think I've received a "testy mod PM" from you. Not any I can remember, anyway.

Booky wrote:Oh, yeah my mod PMs have been known to cause grown men to collapse in little messy heaps and cry for their mommies all while sucking their thumbs and clutching their blankies. ;)

This gave me a fit of helpless laughter. ;)) Thank-you for curing my stomach ache.

*really needs to see Inception*

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to send testy mod PMs to mod family members. Besides, PR would probably hurt me severely if I made her sister cry. :-s ;))
Curing stomachaches is only one aspect of my awesomeness. B-)
Yes, you really do need to see Inception. :D

@Cor: Have you picked a major yet or are you just going to work on the core classwork first? I think online classes are awesome, but unfortunately the online courses at my uni are mostly education classes. No math or science and very few liberal arts classes.

@AJoanna: I think the official name is The Queen's Thief series, but we mostly just call them the Attolia books on NWeb. Since wisewoman started talking about them a few years ago I think we've gotten most of NWeb to read them. ;))
Don't feel bad about not having a license, I still don't and I'm 22 now. ;))

Add me to the people who don't like the Robin Hood show. I think we're pretty much in the minority, but I didn't find it to be that interesting. But then it would always come on after Doctor Who on BBCAmerica and most shows would be dull compared to the awesomeness of Doctor Who.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Miss Rosario » Aug 17, 2010 5:40 am

Icon by fireworks123
NW twin to Rosie

Miss Rosario
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Wandering Welcomer

Postby NarniaNut95 » Aug 17, 2010 6:36 am

Mortereve all!

Rosa wrote:School's already started for you, Nick? Ehh. I start next week. *grimace*
Yep, that it has. Even next week is earlier than most people start, isn't it? Ah, the joys of homeschooling! ;))

Ben wrote:Good! Oh really, nice. Well my schooling does not have a starting and stopping time ;)) When I have the time I do school (and if I'm not too lazy [-( ) :) .
Ah, that's right, you've mentioned that before.

Mortereve all!
Av\Sig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.
NarniaNut95
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Aug 17, 2010 2:01 pm

comes in singing "We Are One Tonight" by Switchfoot

Bookwyrm wrote:*enters the Town Square while engaging in a great and terrible battle against the dark forces at work on his Pandora station who are busily trying to sneak Jeremy Camp and Chris Tomlin in amongst Lifehouse, Skillet, and Relient K*

I've been trying to banish Jeremy Camp since I created this station, but he just won't leave. Now Chris Tomlin is sneaking in. X( They're like musical Terminators or something. Or Borg drones. Maybe that's why their songs keep popping up, they infect nearby songs in the queue and convert them into their likeness.

haha! that's funny! I have the same problem on my Pandora stations! it's rather annoying! Jeremy Camp is ok, but he is taking over my Pandora (and obviously yours as well) like dandolions take over lawns!

Ben: yeah, my poor dad.....he said it really hurt but he's alright now :)

I must dash!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

PreviousNext