This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lewis sites in Belfast?

C. S. Lewis, his worlds, and his faith.

Moderators: coracle, Lady Arwen

Lewis sites in Belfast?

Postby StBrianofMinneapolis » Sep 20, 2017 9:13 am

I will be in Belfast for a 2 Day layover and I’m curious what sites people have visited there pertaining to Lewis? I know its not as big of deal as Oxford, but it is his hometown and I’m aware of some sculptures and other things.
Does anyone have any first-hand experience there?
StBrianofMinneapolis
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Lewis sites in Belfast?

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Sep 20, 2017 3:10 pm

Wow, perfect timing for me to stumble across this article about C.S. Lewis-related places to visit in Belfast! That should have some helpful info for you. Enjoy your time there! :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Lady Arwen » Sep 21, 2017 11:21 pm

The 18-22nd of November is the CS Lewis Festival (scroll down to see). Never gone myself, but I've heard good things. Of course, if those dates don't coincide with the dates you're there, it won't do much good.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby Courtenay » Oct 18, 2019 11:45 am

A bit belated, but I must just say thank you to Rose-Tree Dryad for the link to Lewis-related sites in Belfast! I would love to visit Ireland and Northern Ireland one day — not top on my list, but now I know there are some places I absolutely definitely must visit over there! :D
"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed." (Prince Caspian)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie