This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Christianity Today: C.S. Lewis Was a Secret Government Agent

C. S. Lewis, his worlds, and his faith.

Moderators: coracle, Lady Arwen

Christianity Today: C.S. Lewis Was a Secret Government Agent

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Dec 10, 2015 10:26 am

A fascinating article published this morning in Christianity Today describes how C.S. Lewis secretly helped win over the hearts of the Icelandic people during the British invasion of WW2. Unknown to the public until now, an eBay listing of a 78 rpm recording of Lewis's radio talk has now brought this interesting chapter of his life to light. A very intriguing read! I hope that the rest of radio talk is eventually found.
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Re: Christianity Today: C.S. Lewis Was a Secret Government Agent

Postby narnia fan 7 » Dec 10, 2015 12:02 pm

I'll be honest when I first saw the title of the article I started laughing

But having read the article I'm vary interested to know more I rally wish I could listen to the recordings
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Christianity Today: C.S. Lewis Was a Secret Government Agent

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jan 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Possibly C.S.Lewis was a government agent. But as someone who fought for Great Britain in WW1 Flanders and northern France, and who openly made radio broadcasts over the BBC to lift UK morale, I doubt he could have been in any way construed as a secret government agent.

For someone who has been accused of any manner of things of late there is no doubting he was a true UK patriot and a staunch anti-Nazi.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot