This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

the magicians book

C. S. Lewis, his worlds, and his faith.

Moderators: coracle, Lady Arwen

the magicians book

Postby RoseRed » Nov 19, 2010 7:29 am

As a 7 year old reading myself the chronicles for the first time I pride myself of being able to spot some of the more obvious biblical parallels in Narnia. However it never occurred to me that the magicians book and the story within it could hold more than the literal meaning till I read something about it having biblical symbolism a few years ago. I'm afraid can't quite remember what I read, but I was wondering what my fellow narniawebbers thought? can we see any parallels/biblical inspiration in the magicians book,and the story that Lucy reads? :)
Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.
RoseRed
NarniaWeb Junkie

Re: the magicians book

Postby Ithilwen » Nov 23, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi RoseRed! Yes, I and some other NarniaWebbers do think there is meaning in the Magician's Book's story. You can see our whole discussion on it on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1637 :)

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Re: the magicians book

Postby RoseRed » Nov 27, 2010 8:02 am

hahaha I'm so silly! I've already replied to your thread, and then I must've forgotten about it before I created this one! I apologize, mods if you wouldn't mind closing this? I'll just join in the discussion in the one linked too :ymblushing:
Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.
RoseRed
NarniaWeb Junkie