This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Two Narnia Drawings from (2008)

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Two Narnia Drawings from (2008)

Postby 7chronicles » Jun 30, 2012 7:56 pm

So I thought I would share two pictures I drew in 2008 before Prince Caspian came out.
I can see a hundred different mistakes I made on each one of them, :p but I still like to go back and see how I have (hopefully) improved since then.
These are two of my favorites I've drawn, even if they are not as good. :p

The first one is Lucy and the Stars, from the scene in Prince Caspian:

The Second Drawing is a landscape of Charn:

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Two Narnia Drawings from (2008)

Postby CSLewisNarnia » Jul 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Wow, great work!
The "Lucy and the Stars" one looks very nice. The folds on her sleeve and the stars look great! :)

I gotta say, the Charn one is pretty cool. It has this creepy yet beautiful kind of feel. The look of the houses and the street are wonderful! (And the red sun. ;)) ) The, what I'm assuming, as the castle it really great!!
That one is probably my absolute favorite. :P Really creative and well done. :)
Icon by me. Sister: Aslanisthebest
Every time I think of a quote or witty comment to put here, the quote is not so spectacular and the comment is not so witty.
CSLewisNarnia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Mehinen » Aug 10, 2012 8:47 am

The first one is very beautiful. I really like the shading in Lucy's face, it's very real-looking, especially the mouth and nose. I also like the idea of colouring just one part of the picture, but perhaps the rest of the dress could have been red, too (even if it was not in the original picture) because now the sleeve looks a bit... unconnected? But the drawing is well done and the angle is good, showing both the grass and the stars.

The second picture is very detailed. I once drew a castle with a lot of windows and it was hard work, so I can appreciate the work that has gone into this one. The castle looks like some old church (did you use one for reference?). I really like the sun, but I think that the houses that are closer to the viewer should be a bit larger to make the perspective clearer (as you probably know by now, as these are old pictures :D ).

Good work, both of them!
My art blog (both in Finnish and in English) http://mehinen.wordpress.com/
Mehinen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Quinlin » Aug 14, 2012 1:30 pm

These are both lovely drawings, 7chronicles! :) I've kept trying to comment on them, but alas I never seem to have the time. Your first drawing of Lucy is very beautiful and I can see quite a bit of resemblance to Georgie in her face. I particularly love how you only colored in her dress sleeves and the night sky. It creates a very striking effect in contrast to the black and white shadings with pencil. I also think you did a fantastic job with her hair and the texture of the grass as it bends around her. I can see that Lucy's face really reflects from the stillness in this scene and her expressions seem joyous and magical as she looks up at the stars. :)

The second drawing of Charn is amazing as well! My goodness all those tiny homes must have taken quite a while to draw and line up so nicely. The castle itself has such an ominous feel as it stands overlooking the whole city and the moon appearing from behind the castle also adds an eerie touch. I agree with Mehinen that the castle does look a bit like a church, but I really like the way it turned out. And of course, the detailing of the windows in unbelievable! :-o The whole front of the castle is beautifully drawn with all the pillars and steeples reaching into the sky.

All in all, both drawings are absolutely wonderful and I'm glad you decided to share them! :ymapplause:
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub