This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Horse and His Boy. Musical/lyrical suggestions?

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

The Horse and His Boy. Musical/lyrical suggestions?

Postby birchfields » Apr 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Hey, I'm currently working on making a concept album loosely based on The Horse and His Boy. It's not completed yet, but I have a few songs.

I was wondering if anybody has ideas or contributions? Lyrically, musically, whatever.

I want to know what you guys would like to see happen on the album. I can't guarantee it will happen, but I want to feed off of you guys a little.

However, the project is currently on kickstarter. A website that lets people support ideas through raising money. If it doesn't get funded, I'm not sure if it will actually happen. So just keep that in mind.

I can't wait to hear some cool ideas!

PS. A similar CD was made 4 years ago based around The Magician's Nephew. You can try to look it up to get an idea of where I'm going with this. Awake! by The Pilgrim's Regress.
birchfields
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: The Horse and His Boy. Musical/lyrical suggestions?

Postby coracle » May 26, 2012 4:18 am

I can only warn you that use of the Narnia material without express permission of the C S Lewis Co could get you in big trouble.

If you write an album that does not use the words, names or titles, you may be okay. If it is an inspired-by album you still may have to get permission.
I suggest you start by writing to the C S Lewis Co and asking.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie