This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Anna Popplewell "Slovenia Glory" WP set

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Anna Popplewell "Slovenia Glory" WP set

Postby AslansChild » Mar 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi Everybody! :)

I wanted to share this wallpaper with you. I can't decide which one I like best, so I included them all for you to judge. I really love all the images from this particular premiere, I just think Anna looks wonderful here.

Dimensions are 1024 x 768

All the textures, save the read dot on # 1 were found on NW forums.
Images from NarniaFrance.

Anyone may use, no permission needed.

C & CC loved!

AslansChild

"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Anna Popplewell "Slovenia Glory" WP set

Postby Sheroo of Stormness Head » Apr 04, 2012 7:08 pm

AslansChild,

Those are beautiful! Great job. My favorite is your first one, the one with the red dot and her name, as well as the black and white. I recently discovered the pictures from the several PC premieres from Slovenia and such, so it was neat to see them in a collage form! I really like the style you used with the large picture with the three on the side...Hmmm....I'm going to have to try that style with one of my next collages...

Again, beautiful job!
Sheroo
Sheroo of Stormness Head
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lion's Emblem » Apr 09, 2012 8:56 pm

A nice set of wps AslansChild. I have to agree with Sheroo, the first one is probably my favorite as well. Personally, I like the addition of text- it somehow makes this version feel more complete over the other two. Layout looks good. I like the idea of the main image being paired with the three tier column on the side. The blurring on the backgrounds works as well. However, I would have done the same on the bottom image (in the right column)- blurring the BG instead of the foreground for continuity sake with the rest of the piece. I can understand your thought on design usage here, but it does distract the eye of the viewer. The different poses that change down the line in your choice of imagery works effectively though. The color choices on all three look good as well- there's not really one that stands out over another. Nice work :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby AslansChild » Apr 10, 2012 11:15 am

Thank you very much, both of you. And I agree with you both, the black and white does seem more complete, I was having a hard time figuring out what to do with the last two to "finish" them. And I see what your saying Lion's Emblem. (about the bottom image) However, I didn't blur her face, the photo was like that, which was why I liked it: I thought it was good photography.

But now that I look at it again in the wallpaper, it seems too similar to the middle image.

Sheroo of Stormness Head
: If you're interested, here's where I got all my images: http://www.lemondedenarnia.com/medias/p ... =20&page=1

Thank you both for your inputs! :)
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut