This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lucy in the wood - WP

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Lucy in the wood - WP

Postby Adeona » Feb 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Just a simple WP I put together the other day. I don't often do WPs (I need to challenge myself to do more), so any comments/suggestions would be great!

Image <--- Click for full size
1024x640px (eh. Photobucket threw off my original size...)

The sky texture is by Wunderkind_Lucy. :)
Of course anyone feel free to save/use the WP.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Re: Lucy in the wood - WP

Postby Lion's Emblem » Feb 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Nice wp Adeona. Overall design and layout look good. Personally, I would have liked to have seen a bit more of the trees move into the skyline. To me, it just feels like... a split image right now- with the sky being one half and the trees another. And since the divide line is near the center of the piece, this really gives the sense of two separate pieces instead of one whole (not the "best" look for the viewer). However, I do think that the blending between the two images looks good. I like the idea of having the font size on the text be quite small. When you think of "wander", at least I do, you think of a big expanse, so it seems rather interesting that the text would be so small. On a similar note, I think that the simplicity of your font achieves the same effect. Nice work here, it seems to work really well for the piece. This is subjective, but you may want to consider moving the text more to the right of the piece. Being near the image of Lucy, there seems to be a lot of "weight" on the left side of the piece, tending to keep my eye there rather than viewing the entire piece as a whole. On a final, different note, coloaration and lighting look great throughout. Nice work :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Ithilwen » May 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Ooh, I love the blending of the woods with the sky together. :) Although, I would have used a different font -- something fancier, maybe. Have you ever gone to Dafont.com? They have a great range of free fonts there. :)

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby GuitArtist7 » Jan 13, 2013 4:38 am

It was like I was enchanted for a moment when I saw it ... Well done! :ymapplause:
GuitArtist7
NarniaWeb Nut