This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Strength When I am Weak

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Strength When I am Weak

Postby Narnian_Badger » Feb 10, 2012 1:14 pm

A wallpaper (1280x720), made from one of violetfirekrazed's images (see here).

Also on my DeviantART account. ;)
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Strength When I am Weak

Postby Lion's Emblem » Feb 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Nice wp Narnian_Badger. Overall design and layout look good. I really like the idea that Peter almost seems to be looking up at Aslan for guidance and strength (hence the title I suppose :) ). There's quite a connection there, not just conceptually, but also as a path for the viewer's eye (nice work here). The blending of imagery looks good. I really like how the BG texture has almost a fur or mane like pattern to it, in relation back to Aslan's mane and a further into the conecpt of the piece (maybe I'm reading too deep into it though :p ). Text works well with the piece- coneceptually and in layout. Hmm, well the one thing I might suggest is bringing down the contrast on Peter a bit. Since his shield appears rather dark and his sword pretty light, it does draw away from the entire piece a bit (for example, my eye drifts to this spot first and tends to ligner back to it more often that not). That's the only thing I really notice as a distraction. Nice work :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic