This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

I Want to Sail Wallpaper

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

I Want to Sail Wallpaper

Postby Aravis Autarkeia » Feb 10, 2012 12:09 pm

A wallpaper inspired by the song "Voyage" by Scott Krippanye. :) C and CC are lovely. :D

^click^
Aravis Autarkeia
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: I Want to Sail Wallpaper

Postby Lion's Emblem » Feb 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Nice wp Aravis Autarkeia. Overall deisgn and layout look good. I absolutely love the coloration, with the subtle purplish hues blending into the aqua of the ocean, awesome. The blending of imagery between "The End of the World" and "The Painting in the Bedroom" looks really good. I especially like the effect of the sun's lighting pouring out of the painting frame. I'm a bit bothered by the layout of Aslan and Caspian. Even though their shadows are there, they feel like they are floating. Unless this is the effect you are going for, I'd suggest seeing a little bit more indication of the beach. Also, I would move Caspian in a bit, so that he's included within the frame. It seems a little odd to have him on the outs. In comparison, I like the fact that the waves on the left side "pour" into the frame a bit (seems to work well with the main portion of ocean water pouring out in front). Your title text works well for the piece and I like the iclusion of the Dawn Treader logo (did you design it?). This adds the perfect finishing touch and the palcement of it in the center works really well to bridge the gap between Eustace and the Pevensies and Caspian and Aslan. Nice work :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Adeona » Feb 27, 2012 2:12 pm

I really love this one - the textures, lighting, blending, text - everything comes together perfectly. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

The only thing I'd mention is that, when I had it set to desktop, two of my siblings mentioned it seemed to read "Fail into the sunset". :p Not a big deal, but worth noting.

Wonderful idea and WP. :) I've always loved both those caps, and you put them together it such a lovely way. :ymapplause:
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Aravis Autarkeia » Jun 02, 2012 9:11 am

Lion's Emblem: Thank you! :) I see your point about Aslan and Caspian. :ymblushing: I was so focused on the other three that I didn't realize how odd Caspian's positioning is. x_x Thanks for pointing it out! Yes, I did design the Dawn Treader logo--really just a quick sketch with my tablet to fill up the empty space. :D

Adeona: Thanks! lol. I didn't realize that the "s" looked so much like an "f"! :p *makes mental note to use clearer fonts* ;)
Aravis Autarkeia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Hermitess of Narnia » Jun 02, 2012 2:30 pm

I like how you included water droplets falling towards the screen from the painting.
Hermitess of Narnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jun 29, 2012 11:31 am

I absolutely adore this wallpaper! The colour vibrance is wonderful, and the blending is done so very well! Magnificent job!
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Sep 07, 2012 7:44 am

oh my goodness this is brilliant!! :) I love the blending and the words and the brightness :D fantastic job :)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC