This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

3 Prince Caspian Wallpapers

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

3 Prince Caspian Wallpapers

Postby lover of narnia » Oct 08, 2011 2:10 pm

I feel so ashamed for not coming in here very often anymore. Really, I love this place but it seems I have no time. I'll try to stop by, in general, a lot more. Anyhow, for now here I am. :)

Yesterday I played a round of the Graphics Game with our resident mod malkah. :D The image was one of Caspian from the farewell scene, and I actually managed to make a couple of wallys I was fairly proud of. I'd though I'd show them to y'all, and see what you thought of them.

I want to credit innocent_lexys and flambeau for textures.

Version One. ^^

Version Two. ^^

Version Three. ^^

C and CC is great! I'd love to hear all thoughts.

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Re: 3 Prince Caspian Wallpapers

Postby Quinlin » Oct 10, 2011 2:31 pm

These are amazing, lover of narnia! :D I love all three wallies, because they all have something unique about them. In the first one, the sharp contrast between the black & white and brightly coloured image on top is really striking. You cropped it off nicely and the addition/placement of the text is perfect; the words work so well with this. I also like how the light spots in the back are accentuated both in the coloured and b&w one because they add a soft, blurred look to the pictures. My only CC might be that I find the red tones for the top picture a little overwhelming in a few spots. I'd say especially on Caspian's lips and outlines of his hair. The colours really bounce out at you and maybe could be a little more muted, but that's just a personal preference. ;)

I really like how you did two versions for the black and white one, because they look good both with the text and without. The simplicity of the first one draws all of the focus on Caspian and I like the small touch of adding the stripe texture across Caspian to add a little more effect and draw to the picture. You did a spectacular job with blending the image and leaving only that small bit of the light spots as part of the original background. The mirrored effect for the text is splendid, since you can really catch a neat, foggy reflection of it against the solid blackness. You chose an awesome picture of Caspian in general, one that fits and speaks for the words you added and the idea you created.

Lovely work! :ymapplause:
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Re: 3 Prince Caspian Wallpapers

Postby AslansChild » Oct 11, 2011 7:47 pm

lover of narniaThey're really good! I like the last one best. The textures used are neat, the black and white gives a good effect, and the text looks great.

AWESOME!
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut