This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

There Is A Place For Us Fan Video - Tribute to Narnia

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

There Is A Place For Us Fan Video - Tribute to Narnia

Postby Narnian_Archer » Sep 14, 2011 7:12 am

This is my first Narnia Fan Video, and since there is a likely possibility that we may not be seeing any more Narnia movies in quite some time, I decided to make a tribute to all three Narnia movies - "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe", "Prince Caspian", and "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" that sort of went through the Narnian journey we've been through so far. I chose the song "There Is A Place for Us" by Carrie Underwood because I thought it to be one of the most powerful songs written for the Narnia movies.

Just a few disclaimers here in the beginning:

I made this as a tribute to the Narnia movies, and so added what I thought to be some of the most powerful scenes from all three movies, so they don't always go in exact chronological order.

For Lispian fans - I just want to point out that I did add the Suspian kiss from Prince Caspian in this video. I am not a particular Suspian fan, but the clip seemed to match at that one point. No offense to anyone, please!! :)

Because I wanted a dynamic effect that matched the beats and lifts of the song, I added very few fades in between the clips. I thought the video came along more powerful that way. However, if the sudden changes get in the way of getting the feel of the video, please do let me know.

All that to say...here's the clip. Hope you enjoy it! Comments and criticism are more than welcome!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Km_CAYjkg

P.S. I added a scene from the LWW at the end because the end made me so sad and I wanted to cheer the mood a bit. Anyway, watch and enjoy!!n :D :D
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Re: There Is A Place For Us Fan Video - Tribute to Narnia

Postby wild rose » Sep 14, 2011 11:21 am

awesome girl, I love your video, I think it came out perfect, you have such talent, personally I thought that the scene in the end from LWW was a bit extra, but that could be just me, other than that I loved every second of it, wonderful work, I am so proud of you :ymhug:
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Sep 14, 2011 4:33 pm

it said it's blocked! :(
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Narnian_Archer » Sep 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Hmmm...yes, that's the second time youtube has blocked it. I'll look into it...hopefully it'll be up again soon. :)
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Sheroo of Stormness Head » Sep 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Please do! :D I was really excited about it, but when I got to it, it was already blocked. :(( ...Just as a thought, if it doesn't work on youtube, maybe you could post it somewhere else, like on vimeo or blogger or something...just an idea...
Sheroo of Stormness Head
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Narnian_Archer » Sep 20, 2011 2:33 am

wild rose, Thank you!! The clip isn't part of the song, so if anything anyone can stop the video before it plays. :)

Thanks, Sheroo, I'll consider those if I have any more trouble.

I tried uploading it to a different youtube account...I reeeeally hope nothing happens again. :-ss x_x

Here's the new link. Hope it works and you all enjoy it!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R8Q-sDnGJw
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Sep 20, 2011 6:45 am

it's still blocked :(
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby De_De » Sep 20, 2011 7:09 am

That's odd...it works with me!
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby Narnian_Archer » Sep 21, 2011 2:25 am

Okay, well, since youtube does not want to be my friend at the moment, :ymsigh: :-w ~x( :-?? :-q I have made a new acquaintance with blogger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-bd \:D/

Here is the THIRD link to my video...I reeeeally hope this one works!!! :-ss x_x

http://lessievidblog.blogspot.com/2011/ ... arnia.html
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Princess Anna » Sep 21, 2011 10:29 am

Third link works! I watched the video last night, before I went to sleep. :D

Now, I'd have to watch it again, to give you particular (less generalised) comments. But I remember liking the flow and order of it. And I don't know if it's the frame of mind I've been in lately, or what... but I was in tears. So, to sum up for you: I really liked this tribute! And I'm glad you decided to share it with us. :)

I, too, had gotten all excited to see it from the description. And when the other links didn't work, I was sad. But this was definitely worth the wait. Not bad for a first video, AT ALL! In fact, I'd like to see you make more of them. ;)

Maybe sometime I'll watch it again, and give you a more specific critique. But this is what my gut told me overall. Thought I should tell you that. Keep up the good work! :ymapplause: :ymhug:
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Postby Narnian_Archer » Sep 22, 2011 5:04 am

Thank you so much, Princess Anna, !! I'm so sorry about the loooong wait because of the glitches with youtube. Glad you liked it!! :)
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Sheroo of Stormness Head » Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm

POSITIVELY AMAZING!!!!!!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Great Job! Okay, the way you started it and ended it the same way was PERFECT. and how it's like a flashback, what they're thinking of right before the water closes in and brings them back to England for the last time. I love the "We can be the kings and queens" especially with the first one. The rhythm/timing is FANTASTIC!!! The "Broken Hands are whole again. We've found what we've been waiting for. We were made for so much more..." Is perfect!! When I first watched it, I thought, "What? She's putting the witch in for that line?" But then when the ice crashed, I thought "No! Go Edmund! The witch is NOT what we were made for!" And the last clip from LWW was perfect! You drew out the emotions from all three! There's so much that's wonderfully amazing with it. I could go on and on...Anyway, in a word, I loved it.

I think the one suggestion/comment I would make is I wouldn't have made the clip in the first verse of Tumnus and Lucy so long...Maybe fit in the return of Edmund to his family instead or something. Just some of my favorite parts of the film.

Thanks so much for trying so many different ways to share it! Make another one! You've got a gift! ...and I'm not giving up on more Narnia movies to follow, so when they come out, you'll have to do a music video combining all of them too! ;)

I want to go watch it again!

Thanks again,
Sheroo
Sheroo of Stormness Head
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Narnian_Archer » Sep 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Thanks, Sheroo!! I admit, the clip with Tumnus and Lucy was rather long. I felt as though the emotions they both show fit the words of the song, and it is one of my favorite moments in the movie, but looking on it now, I see it does slow the pacing a leeetle bit when it should be picking up. Thanks for the criticism, and for all your lovely comments!! And thanks for watching!! I'm so glad you liked it!! :)

And if a fourth Narnia movie comes out, I will definitely make another music video!!! :) :) ;)
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie