This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Susan's diary -- graphic

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

Susan's diary -- graphic

Postby DaughterofEve1792 » Sep 13, 2011 1:15 am

Well, Susan's diary as written by me that is... :p
Even though Susan denies Narnia and Aslan, saying they were just "games", I don't think she believed that with all her heart. I imagine that every once in a while, when no one was watching, she let her guard down, and the memories resurfaced momentarily.
Lyrics are from "Invisible" by Skylar Grey.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b45 ... ader-1.jpg

Comments and critique are very welcome! :)
DaughterofEve1792
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Susan's diary -- graphic

Postby wild rose » Sep 13, 2011 8:48 am

absolutely wonderful, the words are really fitting, I like how Susan is black and white and her reflection is colorful, excellent work :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Lion's Emblem » Sep 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Another nice graphic to your credit DaughterofEve1792. I like your concept on this one. You've chosen a nice pairing between text and imagery. I particularly like the flow between the bottom mirror images in connection with the text. The flow is perfect- how Susan appears content ("I pretend that I'm a queen") and slowly, almost fades into the looks of doubt ("and it's almost believable"). This effect works really well with Susan's character and your concept. She only allows herself to be content for a brief amount of time before she brings herself back to her reality. The flow in Susan's facial expressions says it all- I can't say it enough. Really nice work here. I agree with wild rose on your choice of coloration. It works well conceptually. Maybe it's a bit cliche, but I could also see the bottom images changing coloration as well as Susan's expression changes (which could also be taken into consideration with the text). I'm not entirely sure on the overall layout of the piece. Does it work? Absolutely. Is it as strong as it could be? Personally, I'm not sure (but I do believe it's subjective). I can see the first two mirror images being placed at the top of the piece, followed by the grayscale image of Susan (as it is now), followed by the last two mirror images. To me, this seems to read more with the text. I'm certainly not saying that it's right though (afterall, in this format you do lose the flow of expression change, so.... it might just be something to play around with if you ever feel the urge or desire).

A great concept with superb text and imagery to match. Nice work :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Narnian_Archer » Sep 14, 2011 7:23 am

Really like this graphic, DaughterofEve1792. The images at the bottom really convey the feeling of Susan looking back into her days in Narnia. The words also match very well. Love the feel of it!! :ymapplause:
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Adeona » Oct 02, 2011 11:00 pm

A very nice WP! The text is perfect! Very much Susan. You chose a good font, as well. I would suggest that the lower row of images would benefit from being "Harder looking" - maybe higher contrast?
But I really like your work! :ymapplause:
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Quinlin » Oct 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Great job, DaughterofEve1792! :) You came up with a great idea for this wallie and put it together very nicely. Bringing in the contrast between the black and white picture and the row of images on the bottom was an excellent choice. It creates so much more of a poignant effect and really depicts Susan's struggles as she looses her faith in Narnia. The quotation is perfect for this and I really like the font you chose. My only comment is that I think maybe the the last part of the quote at the bottom should be white as well. I don't mind the color, but it's just a thought.

As you say, I also like to think that Susan does remember Narnia and that somewhere still inside her, she goes back to it.

As I said, lovely! :ymapplause:
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Oct 04, 2011 2:30 pm

ooh, that's epic! :D I love the pictures you chose and the lyrics are perfect and the coloring is awesome! :D :D keep up the good work!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC