This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

A Reason to Fight -- Peter

Post your Narnia-inspired pictures or poems here.

Moderators: wild rose, SnowAngel

A Reason to Fight -- Peter

Postby DaughterofEve1792 » Aug 22, 2011 9:29 pm

It's been a while since I've posted any graphics. Really, I'm just getting back to Narniaweb after a long absence. I hope to start posting a little more often, though! :) So, here to kick things off is Peter! haha The lyrics are from the song "Dead Man's Gun". I am not sure who the artist is, but the song is played to the credits of the game called Red Dead Redemption.
NOTE: I must let you know, the lyrics are talking about Peter's fight against Miraz and his Telmarine army. Just keep that in mind and it'll make a lot more sense! :)

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b45 ... pian-1.jpg
DaughterofEve1792
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: A Reason to Fight -- Peter

Postby wild rose » Aug 23, 2011 8:42 am

awesome job, I really love it, I love the black and white pictures and peter's face, the only thing is that I can't read the words on the bottom very well, but other than that it is really amazing
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Lion's Emblem » Aug 24, 2011 8:33 pm

Nice wp DaughterofEve1792. Overall layout is interesting, not quite what's expected. It works well, almost as though Peter is reflecting as he looks back at the images of his siblings. His expressions also works really well as a reflection to your choice of text. I would highly suggest re-working the layout of the text in relation to the imagery. A lot of faces are covered by the text (both Susan pics. in row four and nearly all of the last row). Just a few slight tweaks here and there would be really beneficial for you. In addition, I agree with wild rose, that some of the text is hard to read because it gets lost in the imagery. This is an easy fix. You can either play around with another color choice, but a change in opacity could also work (especially on the first section of text in white).

Other than that, you have a really nice collection of images. There's a nice visual variety and they all tie in together really well. I personally might exchange out the image of all four Pevensies in the boat though, just because Peter is in the image, so it doesn't feel like it matches with the text. On a design note, the addition of the border adds a great finishing touch as well. Nice work :ymapplause: .
Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan
Lion's Emblem
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby DaughterofEve1792 » Aug 26, 2011 12:31 am

Wow, thanks guys! :D
Lion's Emblem: Thanks for such a great critique! It was very consturtive, and I found everything you pointed out. I get what you say about the boat picture, it DOES seem out of place, since he's reflecting only on his siblings. I'll give this type of set up another shot. :)
DaughterofEve1792
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Elanor » Aug 31, 2011 10:07 am

This is super lovely, I really love it - I love the style that you make them. Really well done!! I found it rather difficult to read the words, though . . .
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic